What's new

What Is The Holy Grail of DE Razors?

What is the holy grail of DE razors? I guess I could separate it into a couple of categories...

1. Razors you would actually use every day even though they are collectible or in demand...I have been extremely lucky to find two very nice red tips, two slim adjustables, and two fat boys at an average of $3 apiece. From my reading here, these are very in demand. I know the run-of-the-mill super speeds are easier to find at least.

2. Rare, Old, Expensive...razors you might collect, display, and maybe not use...like British Aristocrats maybe?

What would make your eyes pop out of your head if you saw it in a dusty box at a flea market and the vendor has no clue what he has?

The grail for me is the Merkur Slant. I am tremendously impressed with what it can do, or should I say what I can do with it.

What is the holy grail of DE razors? I guess I could separate it into a couple of categories...

1. Razors you would actually use every day even though they are collectible or in demand...I have been extremely lucky to find two very nice red tips, two slim adjustables, and two fat boys at an average of $3 apiece. From my reading here, these are very in demand. I know the run-of-the-mill super speeds are easier to find at least.

2. Rare, Old, Expensive...razors you might collect, display, and maybe not use...like British Aristocrats maybe?

What would make your eyes pop out of your head if you saw it in a dusty box at a flea market and the vendor has no clue what he has?

a rhodium executive.

Attachments

• $Early_exec_03.jpg
    $Early_exec_03.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 190
The #66 was my Holy Grail. After getting one, I thought it would be the alpha and the omega, and I would be cured of razors and would just shave from now on. By rights, it should be.

The result?

... I just need one more.

The #66 was my Holy Grail. After getting one, I thought it would be the alpha and the omega, and I would be cured of razors and would just shave from now on. By rights, it should be.

The result?

... I just need one more.

The beauty, and evil, of Razor Acquisition Disorder. RAD owns just about everyone.

Additionally, as I just found out last night that Gillette made a gold double ring as part of a set called the SPECIAL SET, I will have to now say that if I ever find a gold double ring, I shall be number 1 and have no need in looking for another razor as a gold double ring is surely the mother of all holy grails. And your gold replated double ring doesn't count! :lol:

+1...I posted in that exact gold double-ring thread...then thought about this one and saw you beat me to it! The gold double-ring for me IS the mother of all holy grails!!! :001_rolle

The beauty, and evil, of Razor Acquisition Disorder. RAD owns just about everyone.

Additionally, as I just found out last night that Gillette made a gold double ring as part of a set called the SPECIAL SET, I will have to now say that if I ever find a gold double ring, I shall be number 1 and have no need in looking for another razor as a gold double ring is surely the mother of all holy grails. And your gold replated double ring doesn't count! :lol:

Top Bottom