What's new

What have you done to me B&B?

The best way to build your den is through "steady plodding". Every month add another razor, soap, brush, aftershave, etc. Before you know it you will have everything you need (and more).

To really compete, however, you will eventually need to start adding straight razors, strops, hones, etc. to your collection. And do not forget the single edge razors as well. Yes, you can shave with one razor, one pack of blades, one brush, and one soap or cream, but if that is your style, you are pretty rare among B&B members.

This is a wonderful site to get information. And in the case of B & B members, information usually leads to acquisition! You have a nice collection of gear, congratulations. But as you acquire, remember to enjoy the shaves!

Yup.
You are short on lather bowls and scuttles.
Plus you've got all that Arko smelling up the place. Is that to keep vampires away?

Ooh - add some Schick Injector razors too.

Admittedly when I first opened the stick my head snapped back like Frank Zappa smelling the famous Voodoo Butter Underpants but I've grown to love it and I'll defend Arko to the death, I'll die on this hill wafting my Arko stank in your general direction sir :D

Oh and I do have mugs, I'm mainly a mug latherer, no scuttle yet though, probably get one eventually, I've tried one and it wasn't that great of an improvement over my trusty coffee mug stolen from my girlfriend, sometimes the simplest things are best.

Last edited:
This is a wonderful site to get information. And in the case of B & B members, information usually leads to acquisition!You have a nice collection of gear, congratulations. But as you acquire, remember to enjoy the shaves!

It is indeed a great site. To enjoy the shaves is the main reason I do this, the collecting aspect is definitely secondary to that, at the moment at least :)

Does that shelving unit need a couple coats of stain or paint? And if you hid that electric trimmer thing under the sink there would be room for more good stuff.

Have fun!

Does that shelving unit need a couple coats of stain or paint? And if you hid that electric trimmer thing under the sink there would be room for more good stuff.

Have fun!

Nope, no way, Jose, not going there, I refuse to be lead down the DIY path by B&B, it's absolutely fine as it is, it's au naturel, I don't need any obscure Nicaraguan tung oil that is dirt cheap in every US drugstore but costs a bomb in Europe, thanks very much :D (unless you think it might make a good pre-shave oil of course)

Top Bottom