What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Razor: Gold Dollar
Brush: Synthetic
Soap: MWF

Stellar!
485FA5FF-A3C6-4CE2-94FD-49404BCA3C3B.jpeg

- Brush: Semogue Pharos synth
- Razor: Karve OC-D
- Blade: Astra Czech vintage (2)
- Soap: Proraso Green
- Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Sport
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Quick 2 pass shave today as it was only 18 hours since I last shaved.

Still using synth brushes for June and the Semogue is a good one. It lathers Proraso nicely. 👍

9/10

3461B827-0323-4A6C-A009-7CC946EAFF67.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Occam's OREN
Blade: Feather Professional
Soap: Arianna & Evans Asian Pear
Bowl: Blue Timeless
Brush: Semogue 1305 Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Stypic Pencil, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. One weeper, no cuts or irritation. Smooth shave but had to do more touch ups than usual.

Today's shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: GSB

Soap: Lather Bros. Everglades
Brush: Semogue 1305
Balm Stirling unscented balm
Aftershave: Lther Bros. Everglades

DFS. The same red spot appeared under my nose. It probably wasn’t fully healed. The dart strikes again.

Thu 17 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger New 1st Use
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Willy's Premium 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Soap is good but today's lather from the brush although slick enough was abit thin and foamy...possibly unfamiliar with this new brush which is kinda stout and somehow the creamy lather was swallowed up...hahaha, interesting indeed.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good enough and reasonably smooth for a dfs finish. The blade feels abit struggling around the neck area. It's time for the blade to be ditched. Aftershaves were awesome! Rating 9.5/10!
20210617_101035.jpg

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (3)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Neptune Hurricane” with 26mm Thäter 2-Band Silvertip (Bulb)
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street Coconut
Aftershave: Stirling Coconut Lime Aftershave Splash
Rating: 8.5 / 10

Good 3 pass shave, resulted in DFS face and CCS neck with no cuts, weepers or irritation. Got a great lather from the TOBS Coconut and Thäter knot. The Super Blue blade was fantastic the first shave then got rougher / less smooth and more blade feel as the next shaves progressed and wasn’t enjoyable this shave. It would be a great one and done blade for me if I could get it for super cheap but I have other blades that give me several fantastic shaves, not just one. Oh well, you win some and you lose some when you test blades and I enjoy the process of testing different blades.

54F31847-296A-4205-BCAC-0AA07E915D51.jpeg

Proraso red pre-shave
Tabac soap
Parker silver tip brush
Ralf Aust 5/8 Spanish point straight razor
witch hazel
Proraso red aftershave

Two pass shave, nut cuts, no blood drawn
For this shave: 10/10

Once I learn how to shave east-west on my neck with a straight razor, then I’ll bump up my scoring expectations.

99BED667-D99B-4203-96B2-AF8EB3E3EA9D.jpeg

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Pears Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Black Indian (D2)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap : Cella
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + AXE Denim AS Lotion
Rating : 9.75/10 :pipe:

Very close and silky smooth BBS in 2.5 passes ! :001_wub:

Soap/Cream: Palmolive stick
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4th)
AS: cold rinse; Nivea Sensitive Balm, Pitralon Classic.
Lukewarm shower: La Maison de Savon de Marseille 'Masculin'

Two passes (WTG/ATG), pleasant process with excellent end result. How I love the nostalgic smell of the Pitralon.

9/10 for me

A 48-hour beard shave this morning:

Gillette Slim from 1962/Personna Lab Blue blade (2)

Arko stick soap

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber AS, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

No workout or shower this morning, so I started right in with a face wash (the Arko), then applied the stick and face-lathered. With the Slim set to 7 (more on that in a moment), pass 1 everywhere, WTG; lower lip, down to setting 6; pass 2, throat only, at 6, ATG and using the straight-razor skin-stretching technique (which I also applied to the WTG pass on the cheeks). Finally a little touch-up at 5, which I quickly realized was unnecessary and ditched. AS (man, that CF stuff burns and cools!), lotion, and powder for a near-BBS shave.

Lesson: I aborted the cleanup pass because it seemed that my throat would be irritated if I persisted. Perhaps 7-6-5 is too high a setting when I am doing the skin stretching thing. Next time I use the Slim, probably about the end of June, I'll try stopping it down 1 notch.

Verdict: 9.6.

linty1

My wallet cries.
5DD2B020-A44D-4F5A-9DF9-84EB71CB5921.jpeg

Went back to the mwf and had much better results this time, getting used to the brush. Still working on the pack of Feather proguards, glancing into the package their are maybe? 3-4 blades left. I got a package of Kai guarded blades to try next, they seem to in general get better reviews than these Feather pgs. Got a really close shave.

Today's shave 2 days of growth

ATT Windsor pro
Astra SP (1)
Simpson Trafalgar T3
B&M Reserve waves
Nivea sensitive cool balm
9/10 👍

First shave with the windsor pro beautifully crafted razor but with some weight to it super smooth however the Astra blade didn't do it justice
20210617_120219.jpg

17 June 2021
20210617_062014.jpg

Prep: Old Spice Bar soap
Razor: WCS 84S--China
Cream: Old Spice Musk—India till used up
Brush: Gray Dog--Ohio
Blade: Feather Stainless—Japan Shave #2
Passes: WTG and ATG
Cleanup: Rinsed and dried face
Aftershave: Brut--Mexico
Rating(s): 9.5 DFS+
Comments: A nice stubble free shave. No weepers, but I did nick myself under the back left jaw line.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: Gem PTFE
Brush: Paladin 2xl 28mm 2CLNE7
Soap: PAA CaD CK6
Lather: Face
Aftershave: Stirling Baker Street (sample)

The Shave: WTG/ATG with XTG goatee touch up. The MMOC is a remarkable design that has stood the test of time.
My newest Paladin is ridiculous, soft, good backbone, makes amazing lather, I don’t have the words to describe how great it is. The CaD and Baker Street work great together.
BBS shave with no irritation, weepers, red spots, just wicked smooth skin. 10/10!
8834A2E2-6178-49CC-BD80-96443D1A2727.jpeg
EDC3282C-9B9F-45DF-A772-FE5792D9E60C.jpeg
F28FE7B6-8BE3-462E-BCDF-C12A2523747B.jpeg

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GD Amare
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
The Zenith made fast work making lather with the GD Amare soap. I have not used the UK Aristocrat in some time. A genuinely nice razor – one of my favorite vintage razors. With the Personna Lab blade, it made for a close, smooth shave.

Top Bottom