What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Wednesday morning shave
Razor: 60’s SuperSpeed
Blade: 7 O’clock
Brush: Badger
Soap: Tabac
Another inspiring shave!
DB22F0C9-0E48-4C51-9BD4-261E73BEE28C.jpeg

9/10

Brush: SOC 24mm Boar
Lather: DG Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Razor: Gillette EFB Tech
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)

I'd say 9/10, just because of the possibility maybe I could have a better one. but overall, excellent with very little irritation, i really love the milksteak base.

My Wednesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower w/ hair conditioner on whiskers​
1-1/2 pass shave​
Razor: Parker SRW Shavette​
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger 24mm​
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Rating: 9.5/10 DFS!

proxy.php

Trave Shave Setup.jpg

Thursday's Shave

On my trip so another day of using my travel setup. The brush is a Muhle Silvertip Fibre brush, 23 mm. The razor is a Red Tip with Personna Lab blades. The soap: Lakewood Smokeberry soap. My aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect. A little rushed this a.m. - but still a perfect shave. 10/10.

48-hour beard

1930s Gillette NEW Short Comb; Royal Stainless Super blade (2)

Mix of Stirling Noir and Bay Rum soaps

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

I'm trying to use up the last of the Stirling samples, Noir and Bay Rum. This morning I mashed them together in one tub so I could clean the other. A little of the mix served as a pre-shave after my shower; then I lathered up (the APShaveCo brush continues to impress) and wielded the razor. Two passes on cheeks and lower lip, three plus cleanup on the throat. Even the left side of my throat, the area that is tough for me to get really smooth, is cleaned up nicely. Verdict: 9.7.

Daily Shave: 13 August 2020

DSCF2207.JPG

Prep: Lectric Shave
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Green Blade #2 Shave #7 and out (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- using distilled water and Campbell’s soup container.
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Post: Rinsed face, f/b Dickinson's Witch Hazel wipe down.
Rating: 8.0 CAS A dull blade yielded a subpar shave—should have switched yesterday—one nick, clumsiness. I was trying to get done quickly to get started on lots of outside chores before we hit 103 today.

Razor: Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving Soap in a bowl

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close, smooth and pleasant shave.
Mamba 70 is a bit more efficient than the GC68. Shave angle is easy to find.

Rating: 9.8/10

Thu 13 Shark Week 4th Shave!
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DOC Mellon (SLOC)
Blade Shark Super Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish Splash
Epic lather from my number 1 soap. I use it sparingly. Scent is my favourite among all. Aromatic sweet pipe. Lather thick creamy and slick. More than enough for 4pass so save it for next day. The brush was perfect and handle comfortable.
Shave with razor paired with blade today was a good match. Smooth, sharp enough and very comfortable. Efficient too. Nice audible feedback. 3+1 multiple passes and discover 2 creepers much later. These sharks demands blood, however small. BBS to DFS result. Icy water rinse followed by cooling Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and the best among all my aftershaves...PAA Cavendish!!!! Wife complained someone smoking a pipe in the room!!! Hahahaha.
Sharks don't care...they'll go even for creepers! Luckily, blood was after exiting the water..
20200812_232015.jpg

20200813_143211.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9.5/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum
Brush: Je&Co Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock (5)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Ogallala Bay Rum Double Strength

Have the day off from work today and wanted to use one of my favorite setups. Not sure why, but I continue to be drawn back to the Mamba 70. I just like the razor...the thin profile of the razor head is amazing to me. I bought a stainless steel handle for it, West Coast Shaving had a sale. The handle resembled the titanium one that usually comes with the Mamba 70. But I purchased the Mamba 70 *Special*, a slightly blemished version at a reduced price, although I couldn't detect anything on it and stopped looking because the thing shaves great. That version comes with a much shorter handle though so I replaced it with something more my length preference. A very minor weeper on the right side of my neck...a slight reduction in score accordingly. Gillette 7 O'clock is still going strong. I'll be swapping it out regardless...I don't like to keep a blade in too long. I beat the heck out of the Ogallala Bay Rum soap and was finally able to get a thick rich lather from it. I bloomed it first in the shaving mug where it lives and added small amounts of water to it as I whipped it. I love the smell of this product, but the lather quality for me has not been as good as the other shave soaps/creams in my collection. But today I was able to get a good lather from it! Still, a slight drawback...it tends to dry out quickly on my face. To try and increase the slickness I add water to it with each pass and whipped it some more. This helped. The things we do for scent! I took some fractional points off for the extra work I had to put in. S'ok. Thankfully, it does have decent slickness when wet so it does protect. The aftershave however, if you like Ogallala Bay Rum, is excellent! A nice warming sensation always hits me after putting it on. Spicy gumdrop Bay Rum!

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Enjoy your day!

Kit 20200813.jpg

Top Bottom