What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Razor: RazoRock Mission
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (2)
Brush: RazoRock AMICI, 20mm

Soap: Stirling, Scots Pine Sheep

2 1/2 passes. A very smooth and efficient shave. The RR Mission has been one of my favorite razors since I first used it. As fine as razors priced three times as much IMO.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 9th April 2021

Shave Score 9.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower - Signature Soaps - Shower (Patchouli)
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps - Danum (Patchouli)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: ASCO Platinum (2)
Post Shave ASL: Signature Soaps - Danum (Patchouli)
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Douro

An even better BBS was had from the ASCO Platinum with the usual 3 pass, gets better with use :)

Today was a Patchouli day thanks to Signature Soaps, this scent and the quality of the products are impressive.

Have a good day all.

Joe

04ABEEDB-BFAB-4E18-979D-69550027649B.jpeg

09 April 2021
20210409_062735.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S
Van der Hagen √
Cream Of The Day:
Old Spice Original
Old Spice Musk
Proraso Green √
Brush For The Shave:
Omega11126
Gray Dog √
Blade:
ASCO (Egypt) #3 and out
Passes:
WTG and then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Old Spice
Rating:
9.5 DFS Shave yielded light stubble, but blade hinted at dullness. Banked it and on to a new one tomorrow.

1617972272934.jpeg

Brush: Wild West Brushworks / 26mm Oumo Ace knot
Soap: The Club - Fruit de la Passion
Razor: Rockwell 6C / R4
Blade: Kai

9/10: Not the easiest shave today on less than 24 hours’ growth, but okay in the end. The splash works well for me, and in my opinion has a nicer scent. I don’t think I prefer it to no post at all, though, so I continue on trying to find something that feels the same but is usable with more soaps.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9.5/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Inferno
Brush: Semogue Pharos Synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72 w/WCS SS handle
Blade: Astra SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Another grand slam shave, DFS/BBS. One weeper on the middle left side of my neck. Astra SS definitely up to the task on shave #2. Will be pulling it however to try another blade in the Lupo.

Pulled out a winter-favorite scent combo, Inferno and El Dorado, a farewell to cold weather. Heading to the doctor's office today for my first COVID-19 vaccine shot. Hoping for little to no side-effects.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210409.jpg

Just had a WOW shave. 10/10

This soap and aftershave from 345 soap co is phenomenal. I normally have to use lotion on my face after using any aftershave but between the great soap and the aftershave here, my face feels extremely soft and moisturized.

I compared the feather blade and gillette Platinum blade in my rex ambassador (setting 3 wtg, 6 xtg, 2 atg). Very comfortable bbs and both blade did excellent. They're very close. I may give the slight edge to the Platinum on smoothness atg but the feather side had zero stinging where the Platinum had very minimal stinging. Both were first use blades.

The 26mm shoat boar knot worked great for the lather :)
proxy.php
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

Friday shave, DFS+, 9+/10, no mishaps. Grandkids are at pre-school this morning, so I had a bit more time. Had a really fine shave:

Razor: OREN razor, two dot head- third use now and it is a bit different feel than the original Occam's Razor. I haven't had any weepers, nicks, or irritation. I'm not sure if it shaves better or not, but it shaves well.
Blade: Feather Pro (3)- blade is reaching perfection, as good as these get.
Brush: Omega 10019- small brush, first use for me- this little one needs some time. I got this for postage off the BST. Not at all broken in; it looked and acted brand new. I'll soak it again today and then clip the few real stiff hairs out. After that it should be okay, but I would not recommend this model. The Omega Pros sell for about the same price and are a better value, albeit they are massive in comparison.
Soap: Blades Grim Smolder- nice enough, good scent, second use and it lathered fine. I'll use it on this trip, but my Canada Soap puck arrived and switch to that for tomorrow.
Post-shave: Pinaud Clubman- Clubman's strong, classic scent is reassuring and brings back fond memories of childhood visits to the barber here in Brooklyn. I spent my first seven years of an amazing childhood in Brooklyn. I never knew we didn't have much materially; there were five of us in a one-bedroom, one-bath apartment. As a first born child and grandchild, I had everything a kid needs or could want.

Have yourself a great weekend!

PXL_20210409_130713945.jpg

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch hazel / Lilac Vegetal

Nice weather this morning. No blood/irritation no frills type of shave. Was a lot more uniform on closeness than yesterday considering I payed a lot more attention this morning haha, which is probably a good idea considering shaving with a cut throat.

4A85FB0E-66E0-4D07-8F44-E6C4230EEFF5.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Nacet (3)
Soap: Pre de Provence No. 63
Brush: Omega 10066
AS: Pinaud Clubman

This whole morning has been a comedy of errors. Woke up in a weird position, doing my routine out of order, I rinsed my brush out after lathering my first pass and before shaving, I’m surprised I’m not missing an ear. At least I got a good shave out of the deal. 2 pass plus touch up, DFS. Super speed is a great little shaver.

9/10

@Trollky, does Black Bay still look like a Pesto sauce with that greenish-yellowish, grainy texture to it?

Is the scent still mild bordering on fleeting?

I was always curios about the reformulation, but never puled the trigger.

How's the aftershave?
Yep - it still looks pretty gross 😉 but the performance makes it worthwhile.

It has a nice earthy scent quite removed from a traditional Bay Rum. Scent strength is pretty good actually, certainly not fleeting.

The AS has the same scent profile but with a very slight cooling element. However, it doesn't last that long.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Charcoal Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Simple Kind to Skin Alcohol Free Soothing Facial Toner
- Hylamide Low-Molecular Hyaluronic acid
- The Ordinary Buffet Serum
- Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Cooling Post-Shave Water Gel
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- 50's Gillette aluminium ball end tech
- Israeli Red (3)
- Semogue SOC Taj Boar

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
Taking a long weekend off from work so had a nice leisurely afternoon shave today after spending the morning at the park with me wee one and the dog.
Continuing the break in process with my SOC and its getting better and eating less lather with every shave, either that or I'm just over compensating with the amount of cream I'm using 😂
Overall a pleasant, leisurely, irritation free and Alum feedback free shave.

Razor: STAR - Silver Tone DE 1946-1959
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Brush: Simpsons: Special 1 Best Badger 20mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Stirling Barbershop
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop (splash)
Additional Care:
Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Skin EX (Toner)
EDP - Stirling Barbershop
6771A242-2652-4760-BB65-911E416F899C.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.8/10
STAR Struck
Another excellent shave with my STAR DE. Exactly as expected. Close, smooth and gentle. BBS all the way, although I could tell it’s time to retire the Lab Blue blade. I never use a DE blade more than three times anyway.
I always enjoy that soft powdery scent Stirling Barbershop leaves me with.

Top Bottom