What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
7533E308-3548-4F5F-B4F9-2880848191CF.jpeg

PreProraso Red pre shave, Italy 🇮🇹
Soap
A&E, Kaizen, USA 🇺🇸
Brush
Billy Goat Brushworks Sunset, Australia 🇭🇲 1st time up Wow!
Razor
GC.84, USA 🇺🇲
Blade
Nacet, Russia 🇷🇺
Aftershave
Proraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 , Nivea Balm, Germany 🇩🇪
Fragrance
Amouage Interlude 53, UK 🇬🇧
Rating
8./10

Sat 10th SE SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional New & 1st Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
My best bayrum scent soap. The lather quality is very good too. Thickly creamy and very slick.
Shave with razor paired with the new Feather Professional blade was quite good. In fact, the initial feel was abit better comparing to the Proline. It was smooth and can feel the blade was crisply sharp but comfortable. Easy 3pass for a mostly bbs finish with a user mistake of nicking my upper lips...hahaha. Hmmm...still not as good feel and efficient as the guarded blades though, ymmv. Very nice matching aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
20210409_220623.jpg

20210410_072542.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Friday 20210409
20210409_222413~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Old Type (Charcoal Goods Brass Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (1)
Brush: Ever-Ready 100 (24mm OUMO Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Rustic Tobacco
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Cuba Royal EdT Spray

Excellent shave! :cool:

Saturday morning.

Dovo "master's" 6/8 round point straight razor
Nom "Theo" wood handle boar brush
Tabac soap
Antonio Puig "Quorum" aftershave

Another nice shave with the Dovo. It might want a go on the SW/SW (seatbelt webbing / Silverline white) before too long, but it's not at that point yet - still smooth and comfortable, just a vague feeling that it won't do that forever on leather.

The brush is doing that typical boar thing where it seems to get better each time I use it (probably around 20 by now - I got this one before I started obsessively recording what I'd used each day). Tabac? Can't go wrong, really. And the aftershave seemed to fit.

It all seemed to align this morning into the sort of "10" where I'll be rubbing my face and grinning for most of the day.

Razor: RazoRock Mission
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (3)
Brush: SOC Silvertip Badger, 24mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Soap: Catie's Bubbles, Celtic Knot

RazoRock Irish Countryside Aftershave Splash

Three passes to a near BBS. A weeper on the chin. A weeper is worth it.
Great Shave. 9.5

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

A grand shave for a Slant Saturday as thunderstorms roll across the area before dawn:

48-hour beard

Hoffritz Slant/new Personna Lab Blue blade

Proraso Green cream

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

No shower; I washed my face and throat with La Toja soap, added a little lotion all over while the skin was wet, dabbed some Proraso on to sit as a pre-shave while I changed the blade. Then I face-lathered and applied the Hoffritz to the job. The new blade in the slant seemed to glide. Pass 1 WTG, pass 2 ATG (including a careful sweep around the now-healed bit on my cheek where I nicked myself about 2 weeks ago), pass 3 XTG, and some cleanup on the area around my Adam's apple and under the chin. Near BBS, no irritation.

Verdict: 9.7.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 10th April 2021

Shave Score 9.90/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (1)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro- Ambra
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

First shave with the OC head today, wow, very close BBS was achieved, no nicks and a 2 pass WTG/ATG instead of my normal 3.5 pass, seemed quicker as well, and the wife was rushing me to go out for an eye exam too :)

Not sure I’ll be going back to the SB version.

Have a good day all.

Joe

841076B6-39A8-4250-9E3A-8727D081CB6F.jpeg

10 April 2021
20210410_064046.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S √
Van der Hagen
Cream Of The Day:
Old Spice Original √
Old Spice Musk
Proraso Green
Brush For The Shave:
Omega11126 √
Gray Dog
Blade For The Shave:
Rapira Platinum Lux Shave #1
Passes:
WTG and then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Old Spice
Rating:
9.5 DFS A good shave with no stubble or nicks, but two tiny weepers from shaver clumsiness. Off to work on a Habitat for Humanity project, installing flooring in a rehab house.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
i know YMMV, but i got wonderful shaves in 15/17 of my razors with the green Astras, it's one of my favourite blades, peculiar how a particular blade is great for some but rubbish for others🤔
A thought occurred to me. Various polls on blades invariably focus on "What's your favorite?" but I never see the question flipped around to something more like "Which blades do you NOT dislike?" It would be interesting to know if the favorite blades and the least disliked blades matched up (or not). I am guessing something like PIRs would score high for not being disliked, but some of the ones people seem to love like Feathers, Kais, and Polsilvers might also have detractors. I am not good at constructing polls but I offer it as a thought.

Another thing that occurred to me is that I have long observed that many, maybe most, blades are better on day 2, and I am thinking I ought to try the Astra again to see if that is the case. I figure worst case I change it out after one pass and start over. How nice that blades are inexpensive!

Soap: Stirling Wintergreen
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch hazel / Osage Rub

Felt like a good face freeze this morning. Getting very low on this Stirling sample, but yet it almost seems like it refuses to die!

Got a few weepers on the 3rd pass, but tried to push it knowing I probably won't shave tomorrow. 1 weeper survived final rinse, so 1 point off.

9/10

A thought occurred to me. Various polls on blades invariably focus on "What's your favorite?" but I never see the question flipped around to something more like "Which blades do you NOT dislike?" It would be interesting to know if the favorite blades and the least disliked blades matched up (or not). I am guessing something like PIRs would score high for not being disliked, but some of the ones people seem to love like Feathers, Kais, and Polsilvers might also have detractors. I am not good at constructing polls but I offer it as a thought.

Another thing that occurred to me is that I have long observed that many, maybe most, blades are better on day 2, and I am thinking I ought to try the Astra again to see if that is the case. I figure worst case I change it out after one pass and start over. How nice that blades are inexpensive!
i went 7 shaves in a row, with my last Astra and it was still as good as it was on the first 👍🏼

Lupo 72 Astra(2)PAA cavendish,simpson chubby 1 super,Thayers cucumbe,prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,prorasso green. 2/10 Being grand national day and living in aintree Liverpool hearing the helicopters outside i decided i'd have a few beers and a shave.What i learnt today was to respect a DE razor.They're sharp and they will cut you if you're an idiot.Take care everyone happy shaves.Don't drink and shave.
20210410_132744[1].jpg

Top Bottom