What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre: Warm Water
Razor: Merkur Progress Short handle
Blade: GSB (2)
Soap: B&M Reserve Waves
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
AS: B&M Reserve Waves
Post: Alum stick, Thayers Rose Tonic and Hyaluronic Acid.

My first shave with my new Progress. Great razor that I expect will see a lot of use. Setting 3 worked great with the GSB.

One of the best shaves of my life. 9.5/10 as I had one small nick that was my fault for being too aggressive around my Adam’s apple. Perfect besides that. 👍

Soap: Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Razor: '79 Gillette Tech (UK)
Blade: 7 O'clock Super Stainless (6)
Brush: Omega Boar
Aftershave: Florida Water
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

The boar is breaking in nicely. Whipped up a great lather, and enjoyed this shave. I liked yesterdays so much I repeated it today. Got to play with/learn this soap, and now it's time to put it away until the leaves start changing. This autumn/winter there will be lots of sandalwood and pumpkin spice, but there's still summer left, so it needs to wait. :)

9/10. A 10/10 would be a BBS, but I rarely go for that.

Soap: Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Razor: '79 Gillette Tech (UK)
Blade: 7 O'clock Super Stainless (6)
Brush: Omega Boar
Aftershave: Florida Water
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

The boar is breaking in nicely. Whipped up a great lather, and enjoyed this shave. I liked yesterdays so much I repeated it today. Got to play with/learn this soap, and now it's time to put it away until the leaves start changing. This autumn/winter there will be lots of sandalwood and pumpkin spice, but there's still summer left, so it needs to wait. :)

9/10. A 10/10 would be a BBS, but I rarely go for that.
I have a sample size Pumpkin Spice aftershave I’ve been saving for cooler weather. I figure to team it up with my Henri et Victoria “Chestnut L’Orange” shave soap.

Tuesday
Gillette New Improved - England Made
Lord Super Stainless (1)
Simpsons Duke 3
TOBS Sandalwood Soap
Thayers WH
TOBS Sandalwood Cologne

Rating 9/10.

My first full-shave with this new improved. It's a beater for sure, and has seen a few shaves in it's time. I escaped this effort irritation free and with no loss of pride. Normally I can get away with 2 good passes, but I needed a third pass to clean up the jaw line properly. This could just be me dialing in the razor angle to find the sweet spot.
The Duke 3 is a smashing brush, the Manchurian versions really live up the hype.

P8253576 (2).JPG

Tue 25 SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Gillette Tech
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Re-used yesterday's extra lather. Looks dried up in the bowl but upon adding some water and working with the brush...a nice creamy and slick lather developed. Plenty for 4passes with nice orange scent and menthol feel.
Shave with razor paired with this blade was very good. Easy, relaxing, smooth and comfortable 3+1 multiple direction passes. No issues at all. Like glass feel...bbs! Should use this razor more. Simple, cheap but very good & efficient for me.
Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and lastly Reuzel. Rating 9.8/10
20200825_082420.jpg

Tuesday Shave - A DFS++ 2 Pass shave - 9.95/10

Pre Shave - Hot water splash and Truefitt & Hill Pre Shave scrub
Brush - Pearl 30 mm knot synthetic brush
Bowl - Supply Marble lathering bowl (did bowl lathering today)
Shaving Soap - Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol Shaving Cream
Razor - Pearl chrome finished TTO
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue on 2nd use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
After Shave - Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave Balm

Did not use a pre shave oil rather used hot water splash and face scrub to prepare myself for today’s shave. Also did bowl lathering today, the 30 mm chubby brush hold enough water to create a slick and voluminous lather on bowl.

I repeated the TTO razor that is newly acquired last week. Unlike Sunday where I got a few nicks I changed my technique today. I did not apply even slight pressure and let the weight of the razor do the work. Paired with the best GSBs the razor glided like dream and offered me one of the best 2 pass shaves I have had in recent past. Both the passes were extremely good and post that I did a minor touch up at chin and neck area to get the finest DFS shave.

There was zero feedback from alum as there were no weepers, nicks, cuts or even any redness post today’s shave. The aftershave of Davidoff Cool Water moisturised the skin while making the shaved skin soft and supple.

I could have attempted a BBS today but since I will be shaving again tomorrow left myself content with the extra fine DFS that I achieved post 2 passes and touch up. As the shave is a tad lower than a perfect BBS I rated 9.95/10 today.

Next shave is due tomorrow and most probably the shaving cream and the blade will change.

Thank you! 🙏🏽
A41E25E5-A2D9-4B98-971A-E964AF9D28CE.jpeg
3DBD353B-6353-4A14-9238-D1CFF6F7C67E.jpeg
10361C65-79E9-4072-879E-FAD847DFB978.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8.5/10
Pre-Shave: OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
Brush: Parker badger
Razor: EJ Chatsworth w/WCS brass handle
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Post-Shave: Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum

Trying to keep all of my razors in my rotation. A good shave from the EJ Chatsworth this morning. I bought a brass West Coast Shaving handle for it. Had to go back a few times after I thought it was done and clean up a few spots...not bad. No issues.

My favorite Bay Rum this morning for soap and splash!

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200825.jpg

Razor: Razorock Mamba 53
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving Soap in a bowl
Additional Care:
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Astringent

1 nick that stopped on cold rinse. No irritation. No itching.
Very close and pleasant shave.
Hopefully this blade will sharpen up a little.

Rating: 9.6/10

Still a noob, but had a very nice shave today. The 34c and Astra Platinum seem to be the winning combo for me- I see why they are so ubiquitous.

Pre: shower, Shaveology pre-shave oil

Brush: Viking White Knight

Soap/Cream: Stirling Coniferous

Razor: Merkur 34c

Blade: Astra Platinum (1)

8.5/10. Enjoyed a comfortable shave, no nicks or weepers which is not yet my regular outcome. Not a crazy close shave but I have extremely sensitive skin so I am settling for shaving more often as I adjust. The sterling coniferous smells wonderful in the jar but once lathered up I felt the scent dissipated for my actual shave, which was a bummer.
0299F25C-E1D3-4DAC-A819-83353CAE1DC8.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Still a noob, but had a very nice shave today. The 34c and Astra Platinum seem to be the winning combo for me- I see why they are so ubiquitous.

Pre: shower, Shaveology pre-shave oil

Brush: Viking White Knight

Soap/Cream: Stirling Coniferous

Razor: Merkur 34c

Blade: Astra Platinum (1)

8.5/10. Enjoyed a comfortable shave, no nicks or weepers which is not yet my regular outcome. Not a crazy close shave but I have extremely sensitive skin so I am settling for shaving more often as I adjust. The sterling coniferous smells wonderful in the jar but once lathered up I felt the scent dissipated for my actual shave, which was a bummer.
View attachment 1144968

That's a nice looking brush!

Daily Shave: 25 August 2020

DSCF2220.JPG

Prep: Lectric Shave
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow Blade #1 Shave #1
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- distilled water and Campbell’s soup container.
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 7.0 DFS First shave with this brand of blade. Several nicks and weepers resulted because I did not fully tighten the razor’s doors. Will ensure this is done tomorrow morning. Despite the blood, a smooth shave with no stubble.

36-hour beard

Fatip Open Comb Slant with Personna Red blade (3)

Tabac in stick form

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo brush (it's really become my regular brush)

Clubman Special Reserve aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Time for the new Fatip on deck again. Showered, a little Tabac as pre-shave, then face-lathered up. Two passes on cheeks (WTG, ATG) and lower lip, three (WTG, ATG, XTG) on throat, plus a little touchup. The Fatip performed superbly, planing me off without irritation or nicks. Near BBS. A 9.85!

Razor: Gillette Super Blue (the modern Tech)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: RazoRock BC Plissoft synthetic
Cream: Gillette Pure

Rating 9.5/10

One little nick at the corner of my mouth because I wasn't paying attention and which closed up with a dab of cold water and Nick Stick. Otherwise, a nearly flawless three-pass shave. For the first time in a long time (probably since my last Tech expired), I actually can shave DE every day.

Top Bottom