What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

IMG_2866.JPG

9.9/10
Razor:GEM OCMM/Gem PTFE
Soap: Arko
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
AS: Lucky Tiger

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tue, Aug 25th 2020

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- Mfg 2018>Excellent mid range & very nice with a Kai SS blade combination just to make it what I always wanted from this razor & that is a 2 pass with pickups BBS. Very happy with this combination of razor & blade.
Blade: KAI SS (11)- Excellent blade(still testing longevity), .009 thousand of a inch wider for>blade exposure,
excellent longevity, sharp & smooth, worth the extra money to have a few tucks to give your mild razors a boost if you want that extra blade feel.
Soap: Tabac- Just a excellent soap with great lather qualities- Scent is OK for myself?Rarely get weepers from Tabac!
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- excellent lather maker with nice soft tips for painting lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX splash with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 + KAI SS blade combo.

DE SOTD, Tue, Aug 25th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Tuesday Terror Shave

Razor: E2 Fat Boy
Blade: VDH
Brush: West Coast Shaving 28mm silver tip badger in faux horn handle
Soap: B&M Terror
Aftershave: Nivea post shave balm, followed by Terror balm
Mug: Dad's 1976 Old Spice mug

So today I decided to try out my recently purchased E2 Fat Boy, set on 4, based on the last setting on my Slim Adjustable, which was set on 3.5.
The VDH blade was on it's second use, used yesterday in a P1 Super Speed. Not sure what the issue was, but the shave wasn't as good. Had a few tugs, and one little weeper on my neck.
Still, aside from that, that overall shave was pretty close, just a little stubble on the adam's apple. Some short lived irritation around the same area of the weeper. The Nivea fixed that pretty easily, and the Terror has my face feeling nice and cool.

The 28MM brush is a bit too big for the OS mug, so I will stick to 26mm and under for mug use. The yellow fleamarket bowl will get the used by all the brushes.

This shave gets a 8.5, based on the tugging and the little weeper.

IMG_E5379.JPG

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Tuesday morning shave

Razor: 60’s Super Speed
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: Synthetic Black and White
Soap: Speick shave stick

First go with the Speick shave stick, or any shave stick for that matter. Very nice slick protective lather with a nourishing post shave feel. Excellent shave!
F075A9C6-DD7C-4EA2-AF91-A7A556865EB4.jpeg

9/10

Pre: Shower
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Merkur SS
Soap: Stirling Arkadia
Brush: Simpson’s Special Badger
AS: Stirling Arkadia
Post: Alum stick, Thayers Rose Tonic and Hyaluronic Acid.

2nd shave with my new Progress and I love it. Settings 2.5-4 are my sweetspot.

Great shave EXEPT for the freebie Merkur blade that came with my Progress. I hate calling it an awful blade after just one awful and bloody use, but as I doubt I will ever buy another Merkur blade to see if I just got a bad one, I’ll just stick with “Not for me” and move on. Most cuts and nicks in years. One use and binned. 👎

8.5 because of the crappy blade. Everything else was a 10. Arkadia is one of Stirling’s best “cologne inspired” scents IMO.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Tuesday Terror Shave

Razor: E2 Fat Boy
Blade: VDH
Brush: West Coast Shaving 28mm silver tip badger in faux horn handle
Soap: B&M Terror
Aftershave: Nivea post shave balm, followed by Terror balm
Mug: Dad's 1976 Old Spice mug

So today I decided to try out my recently purchased E2 Fat Boy, set on 4, based on the last setting on my Slim Adjustable, which was set on 3.5.
The VDH blade was on it's second use, used yesterday in a P1 Super Speed. Not sure what the issue was, but the shave wasn't as good. Had a few tugs, and one little weeper on my neck.
Still, aside from that, that overall shave was pretty close, just a little stubble on the adam's apple. Some short lived irritation around the same area of the weeper. The Nivea fixed that pretty easily, and the Terror has my face feeling nice and cool.

The 28MM brush is a bit too big for the OS mug, so I will stick to 26mm and under for mug use. The yellow fleamarket bowl will get the used by all the brushes.

This shave gets a 8.5, based on the tugging and the little weeper.

View attachment 1145172

Barrister and Mann Terror has been on my radar. Can you describe the scent?

Random equipment shave this morning. Not sure the why on any of it but I know the razor/blade combo I put together is not the greatest in my den. Not saying I didn't get a good or acceptable shave but it did open up yesterday spots.

2nd day in a row on this soap, I like the softness of this Whipped Dog brush and how the lather seems "creamer" with this brush.

Florida Water finished this shave off. Again yesterday's spots came back and didn't go away very easily.

7.4/10

KM

IMG_20200825_062851.jpg

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: '79 Gillette Tech (UK)
Blade: 7 O'clock Super Stainless (7)
Brush: Omega Boar
Aftershave: Skin Bracer
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Drew blood on my adams apple on the last stroke of the shave. LOL.

8/10. Would have been a 9 if I didn't nick myself. Not the closest shave, it may be time to ditch the blade. Face feels great though.

My Tuesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
2 pass shave w/ touch-up: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Merkur Progress Long Handle​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Rudy Vey Synbad Synthetic​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm​
Rating: 9.2/10 BBS!!! A couple of nicks, only a hint of irritation
  • The nicks and irritation prevented a 10.
  • I need to remember to let the weight of this razor do the work. It has been a while since I used the Progress (let alone a DE). Especially with a new Nacet blade.
  • Very nice shave overall

proxy.php

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20200825_191602_2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Canadian Post-war Tech (rusdrunkbear Titanium Handlebar handle)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (7 and retired)
Brush: @Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Boss v1)
Soap: RazoRock Mudder Fokker
Aftershave: RazoRock Mudder Fokker

WTG, ATG, XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Canadian Post-war Tech rocks!

Wonderful shave! :)

Top Bottom