What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Wednesday’s Shave - A 10/10 smooth BBS!

Pre Shave - Hot water splash and Truefitt & Hill No.10 Pre Shave scrub
Brush - Edwin Jagger faux Tortoise Shell Handled synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Razor - Pearl chrome finished TTO
Blade - Parker Premium Platinum on 2nd use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
Aftershave - Axe Ultra Smooth Aftershave Balm

Used a new shaving cream today. Truefitt & Hill itself is a proved name on its own & I need not certify anything on my own. The Sandalwood shaving cream has a great spicy aroma loaded with a background Sandalwood fragrance that is not at all overpowering. The lather was voluminous with a small amount and very slick and gives a great post shave feel on the shaved skin.

The Parker blade on 2nd use was equally amazing as it was on first use. Very balanced sharpness and smoothness on all three passes I did today. The result is an amazingly smooth BBS that makes me feel like a target attempted and achieved. No nicks, cuts or redness on shaved skin. The alum also gave a very mild feedback and the skin was further moisturised by applying Axe ultra smooth aftershave balm that has a great lingering barbershop 💈 fragrance.

This is the shave I would love to rate 10/10.

Next shave is on Friday where I am planning to return to my trustworthy EJ DE89 paired with Gillette Silver Blue blades.

Thank you 🙏🏽
7B43D58E-5A0B-4436-B326-3231BF2BA5CD.jpeg
C86DE0AB-78A9-4A3F-80A5-D5E69E659175.jpeg

Last edited:
Wed 26.8.20 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Blue BarberShop
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor QShave Adjustable
Blade Wizamet Iridium Super 8th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Gatsby Splash
Face lathering with the soap/croap and brush felt very good. Soft brush with just enough scritches. Handle feels so good in hand. Nice creamy and slick lather results.
Razor has been long ignored so paired with a good blade and set at max 6 for 1st wtg, set 5 for xtg and atg. 3+1 passes...all went so well...felt smooth, sharp but safe and comfortable. Made a mistake during last pass by unconsciously pressing abit hard on jawline area and felt the blade bite! 2 weepers result. Icy cold water rinse followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and Gatsby splash. A very good enjoyable shave except for a momentary lapse.
Rating 9/10
20200826_000021.jpg

20200826_144307.jpg

Daily Shave: 26 August 2020

DSCF2221.JPG

Prep: Lectric Shave Razor: Viking Chieftain Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow Blade #1 Shave #2
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe -- distilled water and Campbell’s soup container.
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 9.5 BBS Nice smooth shave for today's chore laden agenda.

Arko on the down-low 3rd shave
Not much to say except that was an excellent shave. Arko's lather is top notch.
10/10
Razor : Supply single edge v2
Brush : Fendrihan tuxedo synth 24mm
Blade : Ted pella personna (10) and last
PS : Proraso red sandalwood
Soap : Arko
Cold rinse and Thayers witch Hazel
AS : PAA Gondolier

Stay safe and enjoy shaving!

IMG_20200826_065253.jpg

IMG_20200826_070041.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8.9/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Brush: Fendrihan badger
Razor: Timeless SS .68 w/scalloped head & base
Blade: German Wilkinson Sword (4)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - hyaluronic acid - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: WSP Dragon's Blood

Very good shave from the Timeless this morning. A very minor weeper kept it from being a 9. The Stirling soap lathered well and provided ample protection and residual slickness. Added hyaluronic acid to the post-shave mix. New aftershave is ok...I don't think it will be reordered when it's gone. Interesting scent, but not me. No fault on the producer, I have WSP splashes that I will be reordering in a heartbeat, Black Beard and Cedar Citron come to mind. It's just not for me.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200826.jpg

Last edited:
Pre - Proraso Red Preshave
Brush - Stirling Boar
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Feather (1)
Soap - Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo
Splash/EdT - Stirling SDM
Post - Witch Hazel

Today is what we all wish our standard shaves to be. A clean shave, maybe a little aggressive on the blade first time out but acceptable. Smooth everywhere but maybe the regular trouble spot.

While it may not have been earth shattering great it was what should be considered a DFS.
Using your favorite scent always lifts your day a touch right?

8.8/10

KM

IMG_20200826_063413.jpg

Tues shave 1.jpg

I have been traveling for two weeks and used the same setup for that period. This is the first morning I am home and it is nice to change it up. Today's shave starts with Tabac soap. The soap has been in use for some time now and has no scent - but sure does perform great. The brush is a Graydog Synthetic brush which is turning out to be one of my favorite brushes. Thank you, Steve @Graydog. The razor is a Gillette New - the only OC razor that I now own. The blade is a Dorco Plat st300. The aftershave: Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman.

A perfect 10 shave.

SOTD - 8/26/2020
IMG_20200826_105000597.jpg

• Razor: Fat Handle Tech
  • Blade: Astra SP
  • Brush: No Name Pure Badger
  • Lather: Beehive Woodland Shave Soap
Are you kidding me? Second shave with a sample of Beehive generously PIFed to me, and it's the best BBS shave I've had in months! 2 passes with touch ups, I'm completely sold on this soap, highly recommend. 9/10 because I got careless on the neck and had to touch up a weeper with alum.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Wed, Aug 26th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core, version 2- Mfg 2018> mild aggression, Excellent daily driver with a Gem modified blade IMO.
Blade: Modified Gem SS PTFE (10) Excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out as it is used & low cost per shave if that matters to some.
Soap: Tabac- like this soap for lather qualities and post shave- scent is a mild flowery clean fragrance that is OK.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic- I enjoy this brush because it lathers any type of soap well, soft tips.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aoe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + any pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my Oneblade Core with my modified Gem coated blade.

SE SOTD, WED, Aug 26th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: GEM 1901 Junior Lather Catcher
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (4)
Brush: DScosmetic 25mm Boar/Badger mix
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Sapinificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Lo-Haïku

Additional Care:
Clubman: Pinauds Finest Powder
AE1113BE-780F-45D7-B33C-FF48AA080E2B.jpeg

951EE2DB-D612-438C-A2B6-F37899C6EB92.jpeg
343F23F7-1394-4233-9692-0C4F1761A9F8.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Come Along Sherman...To the Way-Back Machine!
2D5CAAD5-7BDC-4DE3-8477-61AA320E4031.jpeg

This was my most historical shave to date. This GEM razor is well over a hundred years old and I did not know what to expect. Am I going to hurt myself? Who knows how many times this razor has been dropped or sat on in all that time.
Well, here goes!
Wow! How satisfying! The razor passed over my face so smoothly with this wonderful feedback that says “all is well”. BBS with no post shave irritation.
Man oh man, Orville and Wilbur may not have made their first flight yet, but they sure had an option for a world class shave.

Stay safe everyone. Together we’ll shave ourselves out of this predicament.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- Haslinger Meeresalgen

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- L'Occitane L'Homme Cologne Cédrat aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser

Tools
- Gillette Sportsman Tech
- Israeli Red (2)
- Omega 50014

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
Second time pairing the Israeli Red with my Sportsman Tech and it gave another smooth and sharp shave with no irritation or feedback from the Alum block. Haslinger Meeresalgen provided its usual cushioned, slick lather with minimal effort and pairs up nicely with L'Occitane L'Homme Cologne Cédrat aftershave balm. I'll definitely be looking to order some more Haslinger scents in the future, especially given how cheap they are.

Top Bottom