What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Sukin Pore Refining Face Scrub
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- Mitchell's Wool Fat

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Baylis & Harding Black Pepper and Ginseng aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser

Tools
- Gillette Sportsman Tech
- Israeli Red (1)
- Omega 50014

Shave Rating: 7/10
First time pairing the Israeli Red with my Sportsman Tech. The blade/razor combination felt good, but the shave was let down by a temperamental MWF that I couldn't get a decent lather out of this morning. Some irritation and feedback from the Alum that I am hoping calms down as the day goes on. That's the last shave with my MWF before I move it out of my rotation, it has been a frustrating first puck with some excellent and some sub-par lathers and shaves. Hopefully once I circle back to it having tried out some other soaps I can get a more consistent lather with it.

New week, new soap...

I finished my Stirling MITA last week and that opened a spot for another unscented soap from Stirling. Naked & Smooth from my search for an unscented soap to rival Williams.

In typical Stirling fashion the soap created a huge lather when coupled with the @Graydog brush. Some Proraso Red preshave and day two on the generic blade and I was off to shaving.

I had some Nick's today that needed both cold water and aftershave were needed to stop. I will bin the blade to see if that was it. The blood will lower the score along with some slight irritation that may have come from angle as well.

Not a terrible shave but nothing outstanding but remember, that can't all be bangers.

7.8/10

KM

IMG_20200824_063344.jpg

Razor: modern Gillette Tech (the steel and plastic handle variant)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: RazoRock BC Plissoft synthetic
Cream: Gillette Pure

Rating: 9.5/10

It's getting boring reporting great shaves, but that's what I got again today. I decided to try a GSB in the Tech and it was predictably excellent, perhaps a little smoother than the Blue. Not much else to say, really; five straight days of excellent shaves kinda says it all.

Good 8.5

Merkur Slant w/ Gillette 7 o'clock green
Mach 3 for moley head
Savile Row 3824 finest silvertip

Stirling ramblin man soap
Stirling Island Man aftershave splash
Stirling Iced Pineapple aftershave balm
Stirling Executive Man edt

Stirling soaps just looooove water. No matter how much you add, it just gets better. My face is looking great, I'm 35 and always am assumed to be mid 20s. I think gentle facial care plus fats in both products and good fats in my diet contribute the most to this. Sometimes get attention from girls a bit too young for my liking :D

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Razor: modern Gillette Tech (the steel and plastic handle variant)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: RazoRock BC Plissoft synthetic
Cream: Gillette Pure

Rating: 9.5/10

It's getting boring reporting great shaves, but that's what I got again today. I decided to try a GSB in the Tech and it was predictably excellent, perhaps a little smoother than the Blue. Not much else to say, really; five straight days of excellent shaves kinda says it all.

You've dialed something in that's very good. Congrats!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MicroMaticMonday, Aug 24th 2020, Good morning to all!

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf Peerless model(17 nip safety bar instead of the 11 nip standard) -Mfg 1945- excellent mid range SE razor.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) Excellent blade as in sharpness, longevity, smoothness as it gets used + Cost per shave.
Soap: Proraso green- I like to use this soap in summer and when need a change, Eucalyptus & menthol scented....
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic"Sagrada Familia" excellent for creating lather + those soft tips for painting.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
Post shave: Alum indicated not much stinging!
Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Gem Peerless Clog Pruf.

MMMonday , Aug 24th 2020.jpg

Have some Great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Before: Hot shower, Stirling pre-shave soap.
Pre, Cream & AS: Proraso Green
Razor: Thunderbird 1, the BB Blackbird
Blade: GSB, 2nd shave
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Super-duper
Days since last shave: 3

Rating: 9 out of 10. Blackland Razors are the best I've owned. There, I said it.

Hope you and yours are well.

Pre-shave:- Wrights Coal Tar Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Earthenware pot

Brush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Own brew, grated Palmolive shave stick, KOS gel and Palmolive Shaving Cream

Razor/Blade:- Parker 96R and Zorrick blade (1)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Cannot say that I enjoy the Parker razor 6/10

25.03.jpg

Razor: Star 1912
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (3)
Brush: Henri et Victoria: Superfine Two-Band Badger 22mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Panta Rei: Zammu (made by Tcheon Fung Sing)
Aftershave: Stirling Glacial Obsidian (Splash)

Additional Care:
Clubman: Pinauds Finest Powder
78075B04-5982-45F7-B8BC-E79CCEE890F1.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
ZIM ZAM ZAMMU
I'm always looking for liquorice scented soaps and aftershaves because they’re so fresh and cool on your face. I almost missed this one that’s been hiding on me at Top of the Chain. This is a full frontal liquorice scent, though it gets milder as you creat the lather. ZAMMU...I almost ignored it. Real nice cushion and glide.
The “Star 1912” razor gave me a nice smooth carefree shave. I may be the first person to ever shave with this razor. Shiny, shiny, shiny. Everybody loves a nice shiny razor
Another hot as Hades day so I splashed on some glacial Obsidian AS and near froze my face off.
Stay safe and try spritzing a bit of your favourite AS on your mask.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Monday Shave

Razor: P1 Gillette Super Speed Black Beauty
Brush: Semogue 830
Blade: VHD
Soap: B&M Waves
A/S: Seabreeze wipedown followed by B&M Waves splash with Terror Drops
Bowl: Fleamarket bowl

A fairly quick shave today. First time using the birth year Super Speed. It's a fair condition razor I picked up from a member here in a lot of razors (including the birth year/quarter Psycho).
I whipped up the Waves and did a 3 pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG)
Finished with a cold water washcloth to clean up the excess soap.
No nicks, no weepers. I can say my technique has improved after this shave. Didn't want the Psaturdy Psycho Pshave to be the only indication after that excellent shave, so this shave reinforces the idea that my technique has improved. Even my problem areas are getting a better result.

I'm rating this DFS as a 9.

Sorry about the lack of a pic. Have to get running to do some things for my folks.

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf Peerless model(17 nip safety bar instead of the 11 nip standard) -Mfg 1945- excellent mid range SE razor.
Thanks Ron. That’s a factoid I had no idea about. I’ve got a really corroded clogpruf in the mail . Now I have to find the eBay pics so I can count “nips”.
Im back...it has 17 “nips”...so I have a peerless!

Last edited:
Top Bottom