What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Goodwill
Nacet
Dragonsbeard
Ever Ready Heritage Collection 26mm Quartermoon
Thayers
TSD Bourbon & Vanilla

10/10
IMG_3029.jpg

Thu 16 SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Bowl Plastic Yogurt
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Wizamet Iridium Super 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Nice thick creamy lather with good but mild scent this morning. Soft brush but good backbone. Good slickness too.
Shave with razor paired with blade was ohhh so smooth...so comfortable. 3 multiple passes with buffing. Another close shave result. Hmmm...tiny creepers was seen. Icy water rinse followed by chilling Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and AV Ice Blue. 9/10. Could be almost perfect except for the creepers.

Side note: This blade so far felt abit short of Tatra and Polsilver quality...Unable to beat yesterday's pairing...
20200716_071501.jpg

20200716_152355.jpg

Time for a METAL shave, to celebrate the arrival of my new Copper shave bowl from Captain’s Choice. I’ve used the Captain’s large cobalt blue shave bowl for a while now and it is excellent. Yet, however careful I am with it, it’s probably only a matter of time before I drop it or whack something into it. If I were to do that with the copper one, it’s instant wabi! The copper bowl is smaller yet deeper, so it feels easier to hold.

So the metals are:

Copper - the shave bowl.
Gold - the JFK Replitech from Global Shave Club
Aluminium - Spitfire from Phoenix and Beau, the Spitfire’s fuselage was made from Duralumin a hardened aluminium alloy.
Stainless Steel - the Feather blade is made from stainless steel but is also given a platinum coating for smoothness, which sometimes works!
Platinum - The Fine clone of Creed Aventus

Razor: GSC JFK Replitech
Blade: Feather
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush: Simpson’s Trafalgar T3 Synthetic
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Fine Platinum
Bowl: Captain’s Choice standard sized Copper

dkpwatson64_1594802188.jpg

This was the fourth use on the Feather which is still working well, although I normally run blades for three outings. The bowl was a joy to use and it has excellent heat retention, for a warm lather. Overall a very nice metallic shave! 8.75/10

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Soap: Proraso White
Brush: Barrister and Mann Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: Timeless SS .68 w/scalloped head & base w/Blackland Dart handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (German) (3)
AS: Ogallala Bay Rum Double Strength

I was pleasantly surprised this morning by the performance of Proraso and day three of the Wilkinson Sword blade. I really worked myself over, a solid two passes and I got as close to a BBS shave as I've ever gotten. No irritation, nicks or cuts.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20200716.jpg

Daily Shave: 16 July 2020

Fixed 4 For Any Month—Day-16
DSCF2176.JPG

Prep
: Face wash with antibacterial soap
Razor: Viking Chieftain
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Feather (Blade #4) Shave #2 (2 passes + buffing
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe Using distilled water and salsa bowl
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Post: Rinsed face, followed up with a Witch Hazel wipe down.
Rating: 9.5 / 10.0 A great save to start the day. No nicks, weepers, and only a smidgen of stubble. Keep my face cools while mowing the backyard, and walking a dog.

A Change Up...

I tossed a fresh Personna Red in my black vintage Gillette and what do ya know, it hammered out one OUTSTANDING shave. I have begun to really, REALLY like this soap. A couple menthol drops helped a touch too. Of course the Stirling splash was great as always and gives me a great post shave feel.

It feels good to get a +9.0 shave after a couple below average shaves. No red dots. No weepers. No irritation. Just a small amount of stubble you can only feel and not see by the Adams apple.

9.3/10

KM

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200716062725321_COVER.jpg

Thursday shave red.jpg

Today's soap is GD Amare with a T&H Silvertip badger brush. The little guy does a nice job of making lather. This was the first brush I bought after joining B&B. The razor is a Timeless SS SB .68 with a Personna Lab blade. This is the 16th shave with the blade. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. The fragrance: TOBS Sandalwood Cologne. A perfect 10 shave.

Top Bottom