What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Wed 15 SOTD
Cream TOBS
Bowl Ceramic
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB w BarberPole
Blade Tatra Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Excellent lather!! Good strong scent, thick creamy and slick. Not my fav scent initially but now a convert!
Today's razor pairing with this blade is perfect! One of my best shave! Buttery smooth, very comfortable and sharp. Somehow with this pairing...didn't feel the blade at all. 3 multiple pass + buffing results in a super close shave. Didn't feel I could cut myself and cause any weepers type of shave....that smooth! Icy water rinse followed by Thayers left a cooling sensation then Hyaluronic softens and Reuzel soothed nicely. All gears aligned perfectly for a rare 10/10!

Side note: Somehow the GC.84 SB shave better with the BarberPole handle. I am glad for the Czech Blade PIF and tried this blade. Of course had 100 delivered promptly!
20200714_232708.jpg

20200715_115704.jpg

Pre-shave:-
Argan Oil liquid soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- None

Br
ush:- Synthetic

Soap/Cream:- Cella

Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Shark

Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter and night cream mix to keep my allure
Fragrance:- Lacoste

10/10 Great shave, favorite razor, brush and cream and a pretty good blade

7.jpg

Last edited:
Wed shave:
Razor: Maggard Razors MR5 with the Standard V3 head.
Blade: My Star (AAFES military) branded Personna, Israeli made
Brush: Omega 81052 boar brush
Soap: VDH puck
Aftershave: Nobel Otter Plunder

Decided to lather up the VDH since I have a nice bowl to keep a puck in now. worked the lather up in my dad's OS mug.Very different working up a lather with this than the croaps. Took a good bit longer, with a whole lot more water. Didn't want to put too much water in at one time.
But I finally got a good lather.
Face is nice and smooth, neck still has perceptible stubble around my adam's apple, and in the hollows on the side of my throat. It's just a really stubborn area, and I don't want to get irritation, so it will do for a very good shave.

Noble Otter... Decided to try it, and it was delivered yesterday. Thus using the VDH, so no other scent was competing with the AS. It's a good scent. My nose isn't sophisticated enough to break it down, so I'll stick to saying I like it.

As for rating, I'd say a solid 7. Very little irritation, but did get a bad tug when going up and over my jawline beside my goatee. 100% my fault, and luckily I didn't cut myself. Did have 2 weepers, but they stopped before I rinsed my face off.

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress cologne
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Rating 9. One too many shaves on this blade, but still DFS.
20200505_115604.jpg

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for men charcoal face wash
- Clinique for men face scrub
- Nuage Menthol Pre-Shave Oil
- Hawkins and Brimble Elemi and Ginseng Shave Cream

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Scottish Fine Soaps Thistle and Black pepper aftershave balm
- Kiehls Age Defender Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Super + Platinum (crystal stainless) (1)
- Omega 5014

Shave Rating: 7.5/10
This was supposed to be shave 2 with a Crystal Stainless, but I damaged the blade before I started so another shave 1 with a fresh blade. Similar experience to the previous shave, it felt sharp enough but not very smooth. Despite this the final result was a close, smooth, irritation free shave with no feedback from the alum block. Picked up the Scottish Fine soaps aftershave balm in a shop today so figured I'd try it out. Nice but subtle scent and feels quite soothing.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Razor: Rockwell R1
Blade: Feather
Brush: Fendrihan Black and White Synthetic
Soap: GFT Shaving Cream
Post: Thayer’s Witch Hazel Toner, Nivea Men Sensitive Balm

The R1 has a cheap feel to it, but then it only cost $12 new. Paired with the Feather blade I got one of my closest shaves to date. Not the most comfortable however, feeling a bit raw here and there, nicked my chin. I prefer comfort over closeness and think my Merkur 34 and 38C are less aggressive, definitely smoother. Or the Feather on day 2 might be more than I require. First time using the GFT, nice lather and mild clean scent. Good cushion, but little residual slickness. I might have loaded too much product onto my brush, because I painted it on thick. Maybe less soap and a bit more water next time. My face feels a bit dry after the Thayer’s today, or combo of new cream and super close shave. Or the fact that I have no idea what I’m doing some days with new soaps, creams, razors and blades. I‘m sure enjoying shaving though!
8/10

Vacation Shave

Razor: T2 Black Handle SuperSpeed
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (2)
Brush: Omega S Brush
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Aftershave: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Rating: 9.5/10 - One small nick on my neck. Brush is not as comfortable as I remember.
proxy.php

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

My Wednesday Morning Shave
Prep: Shower including hair conditioner on face​
One and a half pass shave: WTG & XTG​
Razor: Parker SRW Shavette​
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (2)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger 24mm​
Soap: Col Conk Amber Glycerine​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Rating: 9.5/10 Nice shave overall
  • Two nicks
  • Got my chin and around my mouth really well, my two SR trouble spots...

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Well, all the way back on June 25 I posted about using the R41. Still using it, still loving it.

Rating 9.5/10

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Polsilver
Soap: Cella
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Cool water rinse, no AS or Balm

Other than one shave since June 25th and one 1/2 shave wherein I used the Schone on one side of my face to compare and contrast I've been using the R41 daily. Many say you can't use it as a daily driver, I say I can.

Recently, I did put back the Personna Med Prep I had started with in the R41 and brought the shave number up to 14. I used an Astra Superior Platinum for a few days. Nice, but would like something sharper. But the Med Prep, on day 13 and 14, was less tuggy than number 12 and I attribute that to a different - slicker soap than used on day 12. I could tell I would benefit from a new blade.

Yesterday I tried a Timor it seemed fairly dull. I've put it in the Schone and I bet it will perform just fine in that. It probably cut a little better than the spent Med Prep, but nothing like a new one.

Today I went with a Polsilver. What a nice shave. This blade I would say is as sharp or sharper than the Personna Med Prep. Nice and smooth too, especially for a first run. I'd say 9.5 today with a new blade and better technique as I've gotten more familiar with the razor.

BBS over about 90% of the face

Wed 15 SOTD
Cream TOBS
Bowl Ceramic
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB w BarberPole
Blade Tatra Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Excellent lather!! Good strong scent, thick creamy and slick. Not my fav scent initially but now a convert!
Today's razor pairing with this blade is perfect! One of my best shave! Buttery smooth, very comfortable and sharp. Somehow with this pairing...didn't feel the blade at all. 3 multiple pass + buffing results in a super close shave. Didn't feel I could cut myself and cause any weepers type of shave....that smooth! Icy water rinse followed by Thayers left a cooling sensation then Hyaluronic softens and Reuzel soothed nicely. All gears aligned perfectly for a rare 10/10!

Side note: Somehow the GC.84 SB shave better with the BarberPole handle. I am glad for the Czech Blade PIF and tried this blade. Of course had 100 delivered promptly!
View attachment 1125901
View attachment 1125903
Your aftershave has a guillotine on the label. Isn't that bad luck?
:laugh:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200715
20200715_153519~2.jpg

Razor: Stahly, Signature Chromed Brass Handle
Blade: Kai (6 and retired)
Brush: PAA Solar Flare
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Cella Extra Extra Bio
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Wonderful shave! :)

I’ve really been wanting to try some of those Zoologist soaps. The EDT are really pricy too if you can find them In stock. I missed the soaps when my shave site had them in stock.

order from their website......that's what I did. I had to do that with a couple other makers as well (wholly Kaw and B&M) to get specifically what I wanted.

camo

Top Bottom