What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

full

Preshave: hot shower
Razor: Razorock Lupo .95 SB
Blade: Gillette Platinum ( 1st use)
Brush: Chisel & Hound handel w/AP Shave Co. G5C - 26mm @ 50mm
Soap: Christmas Eve by Stirling Soap Co. (face lather)
Aftershave: Christmas Eve Aftershave Splash by Stirling Soap Co., CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (unscented), Stirling's Post Shave Balm (unscented w/menthol)

Two Pass w/ ATG Cleanup.

Rating: 9.9 DFS/BBS

Comments: Wonderful Thanksgiving shave. The scent of Christmas Eve subtly lingers nicely.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Kent BK8
Tallow + Steel Spiced Fougere
Rocnel Sailor
Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow

Thanksgiving day is when I start to think holidays and so out comes soaps/splashes appropriate to the season. T+S soap is always fabulous and I love the cardamom, tonka, bay, allspice and bergamot mix of this one. Perfect for the season! Oh, and the shave? Took my time with the softness of the Kent and it was smooth as can be not a nick not an irritation. I’d call it 10

View attachment 1561703

That's a beautiful razor!

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 💈SOTD // Wolfman Ti WR2 SB 1.35 WRH 3/7 // Southern Witchcrafts Fougère Nemeta Soap and Splash // Trotter Handcrafts T1 “Chrysalis” // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Perma-Sharp
4DFD8BA9-E77E-403A-9A8D-7D3A307E5AF5.jpeg

💯/💯
😍🐺😎🐺🙌🦃

A Fantastic shave to start the day! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone that is celebrating!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
🦃 🍗 Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving 🍗 🦃
20221124_113858~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie Mixed Metal SE1 (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (4)
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion Green 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood Tub Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Classic Match Homme EdT Spray

Superb shave! :cool:

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12023561

Thanksgiving day shave. I decided to share a few images from the ranch instead of a razor focused SOTD. For those celebrating, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Overall Score: 9.6 / 10

RAZOR: Blackland Blackbird Ti [SB]
BLADE: Bic Chrome Platinum [1]
BRUSH: Rudy Vey Chief Muhle STF 25mm
LATHER: Wholly Kaw Timmermann Classic 1869 Red Label

table.png

wide1.png

buck.png

Thanksgiving day shave. I decided to share a few images from the ranch instead of a razor focused SOTD. For those celebrating, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

View attachment 1561869
View attachment 1561870
View attachment 1561872
What a beautiful place to live.

View attachment 1561869
View attachment 1561870
View attachment 1561872

Beautiful.

November 25

Razor: Gillette Tech (Canadian pre-war model)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Semogue SOC finest badger
Soap: Speick (in dish)
A/S: DIY orange-lemongrass witch hazel, Speick splash, Osage Rub

BBS

Ironically, Speick (tallow) is one of the first soaps I started with. I still get great results every time with it. If you don't like sticks, it works really well grated into a soap container. The aftershave is great stuff, as well.

It makes me wonder why I need 30+ different soaps?! I've got about eight Speick tallow sticks in the storage cabinet so I should be set for quite a while.

Preshave: Glycerin Facewash with warm water splashes
Razor : Feather Artist Club SS Non-Folding
Blade : Feather Super Professional Blade (D5)
Brush : Simpson Chubby 3 in Manchurian, Cobalt
Soap : MdC Rose
Aftershave : Alum Block + Cold water splashes + D R Harris Windsor AS Lotion

Rating : 9.46/10

Very close and very comfortable BBS ! :001_wub: :straight:

Date
365 days of shaving331/328
(100%)
GRUME25/30 (100%)
NOCvember
25/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3 and law line touch up
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2)
(NW-SE | cheeks & S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SC
Fatip Mixed Metal Gentile
Eddison (8)
Bolzano (5)
Razorock Plissoft 400
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Face wash with residual lather
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)9.5/10 (Very minor weeper)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
9.5/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

Excellent shave today by Doubling up two of my most favored razors - my Fatip and my Timeless. The Fatip took care of the first pass and paved the way for an excellent follow up by the Timeless for the second and third passes. Not full-blown BBS everywhere, but a very fine shave result indeed. Smooth as a cucumber. Based on my stubble this morning I do experience some fading of both blades in performance, but it could also have been the order in which I have used my doubles this week.

Enjoy your day everyone!

25 November 2022

1669378134451.jpeg

Prep: Old Spice Bar Soap face wash Mexico
Razor(s):
  • At Bat: Van der Hagen Germany
  • On Deck: WCS 84S Germany / China
  • In the Hole: King C Gillette Germany / China
Brush: Amazon Badger China?
Bowl: WCS Timeless Blue Plastic USA
Lathering: Noble Otter’s--Lonestar scent USA using 1/4 cup nuked rain water
Blade: Derby Premium Turkey Shave #2
Passes:
  • WTG
  • ATG and XTG as required
  • Buffing as required
Cleanup:
  • Rinsed and dried face
  • Witch Hazel
  • Alum Stick
  • Pinaud Clubman (USA)
Rating(s) and Comments:
Today’s shave rated another 10.0 BBS quality shave with only token buffing needed to finish the shave.

11 25 22.jpg

2nd round of my new soaps. Yesterday was Autumn Glory, and this morning was Gatlinburg. I really like this one too. I think I'm slightly more impressed with Autumn Glory because they somehow managed to mix in the vibe of dead autumn leaves into an actual wearable scent but Gatlinburg has it's own thing going too. I do think this one would be good all year round. I can't quite pinpoint any particular scent notes though, but I trust what is written on the Stirling website. It does faintly remind me of British Leather.

8/10. 2 points off because this blade must have been a dud. I've used quite a few of these blades but this one felt scratchy. I was hoping it would have smoothed out but no. Typical me though, sticking with until the end. No blood but got some sting.

Phoenix StarCraft brush
Fine Accoutrements bowl
Derby Extra blade (1st use)
Feather AS-D1 razor with EJ 3ONE6 handle
Other gear: see pic

Todays shave was Ninja Assassin. Slice, slide, glide. Silent and deadly my beard never knew it was sliced off.

Every time I use the Feather AS-D1, I have to double check there’s a blade in the thing. It’s the proverbial hot knife through butter analogy.

With the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 handle, the audio feedback was very quiet. It was like kinda swish, slice, glide, slide on to the next hairs to slay and exterminate. Ruthless and totally painless it was over before my beard knew it had begun. Very, very smooth shave nicely finished off with the Tabac lotion and Nivea Protect and care balm.

For me then, a great combination of Razor, Handle and Blade. The thing is, it was over and done with so quickly, effectively and efficiently that I forget to actually enjoy the shave. I must have been in a state of shock. 😊

Have a great shave today.😊👍

Score: 10/10. Better than DFS close enough to BBS. 2 passes and no time at all for any irritation. Smooth, very comfortable and clean.

19D303C4-99C9-4636-BCC2-1A83AEFEFB76.jpeg

Top Bottom