What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

💈Smooth day for everyone 💈

Head and face shaving 👍 10/10

IMG_20221013_125622.jpg

1500 hr shave, whiskers quite long here.
prep: PAA Cube 2 Enigma Machine (used as face wash and pre-shave)
soap: PAA Atomic Pumpkin CK-6
brush: Yaqi Janus cashmere one of my softest brushes
razor: Yates 921-M stonewash finish
blade: Gillette Platinum (1) seeking max comfort
music: DJ Shadow High Noon
I used the medium 921 baseplate (thought to myself don't get maniacal about BBS)
Used a bowl to lather initially then further face lathered the pre-shave soap while
using fine mister bottle now and then. A super slick do-no-wrong environment was enjoyed
3 passes, WTG, XTG, XTG on neck and ATG on face. A couple touch-ups. No nicks or irritation.

10/10 most BBS except neck is CCS
DJ Shadow!!! 👍was listening to Endtroducing last night!

Simple Thursday OCtober 13

Pre-shave: shower, Jack Black pure clean
Soap: SV 70th
Brush: Simpson PJ2 super
Razor: Gillette NEW LC
Post-shave: cold water splash, Neutrogena hydro-boost, Jack Black double duty
Aromatherapy: SV 70th EDP

Some days simpler is better. Get out yer favorite stuff, take it to your face, and walk away feeling like a million bucks. 2 passes, 9.75 DFS+. I’m on a roll this week with a consecutive string of shaves that have significantly exceeded expectations, and don’t want to mess that up with additional prose 😀

94F29082-7EC4-45DE-BAA1-62268B8C76A9.jpeg

Razor: Parker Variant
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Soap: Barrister & Mann, Death
Brush: Simpsons T3
Aftershave: PAA AA Bay Rum
10/10.
2nd day in a row using Barrister & Mann Death. I have put my order in at Maggards for the soap and AS.
Oooh! Planning and making a list for my biannual trip over to Maggard’s on Monday (you can probably sense the fear emanating from my bank acct. already). Will have to check out the B&M Death….

Treet Carbon Steel Blade review(s)

13 October 2022

1665664388169.jpeg

Prep
Baylis & Harding Cedar & Amber liquid gel soap.
Razor
King C Gillette
Brush
Amazon Badger Hair brush
Bowl
Fine Stoneware
Lathering
Noble Otter’s--Lonestar scent (using boiled tap water)
Treet Blade
Power Pakistan Shave #2
Passes
WTG
XTG
Buffing as required
Cleanup
Rinse and dried face
Witch Hazel
Alum Stick
Noble Otter Lone Star After Shave
Rating(s) and Comments
Today the Power blade, King C Gillette razor, Noble Otter Lonestar soap, and Badger hair brush, combined with a long soak-in prep, yielded another 10.0 BBS quality shave. Only had to do moderate buffing this shave.
Posting later than normal, our bed's four-legged furry alarm clock let us sleep in.

Are you ever going to tell your secret to the Dairy Queen dream photo technique or have you already and I missed it?
Hey, thanks...the secret is in here... Shaving Cream Swirl - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/shaving-cream-swirl.613208/ 😁😁

The secret is he lives in PARADISE!!!😊
Much thanks, my friend...I really do...paradise in B&B!
Trade secret, he is the king of lather. It looks like it is hard on brushes with the twisting of the hairs.
Thank you very much, Sir...by the way...the twist is against the side of the brush and rim of the brush or my chin...😉😉
@Chard52142 shared some tips before:
Thank you very much for your kind words...I still have the 4 AC blades you send to me..treasured items!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Classic shave soap (applied by hand - tube)
Soap: Tabac (tallow formula)
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze 24mm synthetic
Razor: Muhle R41 Grande SS
Blade: Lord Silver Star (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel & Aloe (Lemon scented) - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Black Ship Grooming Captain Scurvy aftershave splash

DFS/BBS with no blood on two days of growth. Excellent shave...super close.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

A_20221013_091102_HDR.jpg

Oooh! Planning and making a list for my biannual trip over to Maggard’s on Monday (you can probably sense the fear emanating from my bank acct. already). Will have to check out the B&M Death….
Oh boy!!! That sounds both dangerous and exciting. Just a heads up the B&M Four Horsemen products are currently pre-order, and go full launch 10/18. I would 100% recommend Death, it smells so good.

Thursday morning shave on two-days growth:
  • 1941 Gillette Aristocrat
  • Vintage English Wilkinson Super Sword (1)
  • WCS Silver Badger brush
  • Daveli Farms Sheep Fat Orange, Cedarwood, and Oak Moss scent
  • Proraso Rinfrescante after shave balm
PXL_20221013_123046705.jpg

This was my first time using my minty 1941 Aristocrat, but not the first time using an Aristocrat of this era. I love the grippy handle of these razors, the weight balance, and the balanced performance between smoothness and efficiency. Today, however, I ended up with quite a few weepers, mostly on my second pass over my chin and my neck. I'm not sure why either. One of the weepers on my chin almost seems to be from an irritated hair follicle that perhaps was slightly swollen from my prior shave. The English Wilkie was on its first shave too, which perhaps resulted in its "sharpest" performance. The soap was great. Regardless, I stopped at a DFS after two passes and decided against touch ups. The Proraso Rinfrescante (green) handled the weepers well.

I would rate the shave 7.5/10.
:shaving:

The usual suspects today…
Yaqi Rainbow Brush
Fine Accoutrements Bowl
Castle Forbes 1445 shaving cream
Henson AL13 Medium ++ Razor
Mühle blade 3rd Use
Nivea Protect and Care Aftershave Balm

Yesterday I used the Mühle Blade in my Merkur 20C. Didn’t post anything here. Today, the blade is in the Henson accompanied by the wonderful Castle Forbes 1445 cream and Yaqi brush. Together with the Fine Accoutrements Bowl they create a lather to die for. Hmmm…yummy.

Another close, enjoyable and comfortable shave. Once you’ve found those blades and razors which suit you then it’s time to relax, slow down and savour the shave. It’s a daily ritual I always look forward to. Time out from the madness of a world sometimes too busy to reflect in gratitude for the gift of life, friends and simple pleasures.

Score 10/10. BBS. 2 passes. Zero irritation

Have a wonderful day.

9326077B-87B5-4B19-9444-06B5AAA47D0B.jpeg

Thursday's shave -

Razor: R41 GS (stainless steel)
Blade: RK Stainless (3rd use)
Pre-shave: Shave Secret
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Cella almond
Aftershave: Nivea sensitive cool w/menthol powder

Really enjoying the R41. Great razor for me that gets more done with less effort. Rating: 9.7/10.

Enjoy your shaves!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Black Supply SE
Blade: Supply Black Label (5)
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Cool
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery Travel Shave Bowl
Brush: Paul Trotter Northeast Ice Handle 26mm G5A Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm, Polo Double Black EDT
Rating: 9/10 Excellent, efficient 3 pass BBS shave with one touch up, two weepers, no cuts or irritation. Very nice lather, good cushion and residual slickness. When doing my touch up on my chin I obviously used too much pressure or over buffed causing the weepers. A quick swipe of an Alum Stick cured all.

• Timeless Titanium .95 SB polished.
• Feather Hi stainless blade (1).
• TOBS Jermyn shaving cream.
• Executive Shaving Pre-Shave oil.
• Captain’s Choice bowl.
• Omega boar.
• Nivea cooling post shave balm.
• Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla.
• Thayers Witch Hazel facial toner.

Todays shave was on a light beard as yesterdays shave was around noon.
The Timeless Ti .95 SB along with a new Feather proved too much for the light beard growth. Absolutely no weepers, irritation, or any other fuss as the razor glided on a WTG, XTG, and follow up ATG buffing on cheeks. The judge is awarding a solid 10….I love the smell of Clubman Classic Vanilla after shave. Just wish it lasted longer! Have a great mid October Thursday everyone.
7F0DB754-E95E-4700-A76E-C16E8E0E3AF1.jpeg
7C8F27F3-B4B4-4702-B3C6-F92C559808BC.jpeg

1665677446257.png

Teatree and Mint preshave
Dscosmetic T7SE head on RR UFO handle
Bolzano blade
Vulfix Grosvenor brush
Stirling Faskally shave soap
Orange Blossom Water splash
9.6/10

Second use of the Bolzano blade and it was much closer, but I did get a minor weeper. Nothing major, and the shave results were nice. I think I'm coming to the conclusion the Bolzano is a nice mid-tier blade. It's comfortable enough, and sharp enough for me to use without being exceptional. In it's defense I've been shaving with a Polsilver for the last few weeks so very few blades are going to look great behind those. Faskally is the bomb. Great scent and performance.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday OCtober 13th 2022

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021>, excellent mid range, one of the best designs of a DE razor head I have used, excellent machining QC and finish, easy to work under the nose area. A joy to use!
Blade : Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon(3) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Made in India.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice scented soap with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorites + offers excellent lather protection and post shave.
Brush : Yaqi "lucky Dice" 26mm tuxedo knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard area cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer rapier AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Razorock Lupo.72 with a Gillette Wilkinson sword blade.
SOTD October 13 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom