What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

My Tuesday Morning Shave (posting a day late yet again...)
Prep: Warm shower. Three days growth​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
One pass shave: WTG​
Razor: Pearlduck Dubl Duck Satinedge 5/8 Hollow​
Pre-Shave: None
Brush: Elite Razor Poplar with 24 mm Plisson​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Unscented​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​
8.6/10

Hump-day Funhouse shave, Oct 12

Pre-shave: shower, Jack Black pure clean
Soap: Captain’s Choice Land Ho
Brush: Thater silvertip
Razor: Schick Eversharp; “Chick” blade
Razor: Kai Captain Woody; Kai Protouch MG
Post-shave: cold water splash, Nivea sensitive, Jack Black double duty
Aromatherapy: Chiseled-Face Ghost Town Barber EDP

Was doing some “organizing” of the shave den last night, and stumbled upon some things I’d tucked away but don’t think I’d ever used. The Land Ho I ordered by mistake once, having thought I’d saved it online for future reference but had instead put in my cart. The Eversharp had come in a box of vintage stuff for restoration “some day”. …So with the Land Ho, a vintage razor with a handle that looks like a peg leg and Captain Woody on the shelf, I had a fun theme! And not only that, I’m very happy to report a top tier shave. For the 1st pass, Eversharp danced around my face like Peter Pan, whiskers disappearing wherever it alit. A 2nd pass mow-down courtesy of Captain Woody left virtually nothing, but I was lost in the moment and turned the Eversharp loose for a final half-pass below the jawline. I thought Tuesday’s shave would take top spot for the week - I was way wrong. 9.85 BBS-. Beautiful!!

4965E4D7-390B-462D-9A58-196C8C63AE58.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: '48 Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: PolSilver (2)
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Cool
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery Travel Shave Bowl
Brush: AP Shave Co. Elegant Emerald Handle 24mm SynBad Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent, efficient 3 pass BBS shave with one touch up, no weepers, cuts or irritation. Very nice lather, good cushion and residual slickness. I felt nostalgic this morning and pulled out the Aristocrat. Overall a very good shave! Not sure why I don't use it more often, guess I just have too many choices.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday OCtober 12th 2022

Razor : TARMAX DE adjustable proto type by @twhite - excellent all range razor, it is a smooth shaver with excellent results for myself and I use a modified Micromatic handle with it recently. I like to tinker a little with this proto type also. Won this interesting adjustable in a raffle on another forum. Very enjoyable shave this morning!
Blade : Wilkinson sword saloon(2) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Made in India.
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore:001_wub:, nice mild Vanilla with light Tabaco scent.
Brush : Yaqi Cola 22 mm Plissoft synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(8) + ATG(8) + pickups(10 setting).
Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my TARMAX adjustable by Tom White with a Wilkinson sword blade.
SOTD October 12 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Todays shave

Merkur 39c Sledgehammer with the Nacet blade
GFT Violet Cream and Sandalwood skin food
My alum block
WXA/WAX passes

What a wonderful shave! The shave was so effortless and smooth it was like the beard wasn’t even there! The Nacet blade goes extremely well with the Violet shaving cream. The cream was extremely slick and smooth. The Sledgehammer’s slant head also paid dividends on my tough beard hair. I love the Nacet blade so much! I really do!

BBS shave. Perfect!

Score:

10/10 on everything!

Final thoughts.

No final thoughts today. Just over the moon with today’s shave!

Jason.

Trade secret, he is the king of lather. It looks like it is hard on brushes with the twisting of the hairs.
@Chard52142 shared some tips before:
Hey, thanks for all of your kind words...the ice cream cone like lather swirls is actually quite easy to make and I don't really have any special skills nor equipment... 😆
If you look at the pictures below, left to right, you can use the rim of the bowl to gather & shape the lather onto your brush...
You can taper it slowly into the peak...these pictures were taken quite a while ago and since then I am able to twirl it better...
Further, with more experience am also able to create a richer creamier lather which is easier to twirl and create those loop-like layers...as a result I favor bowls without nubs as those are difficult to gather all the lather.
Lastly, you can use your fingers to help some as there are no rules nor regulations...I just want to see my lather is of a creamy sheen quality with a good peak...😆😆 Hopes this can be of help to you...
View attachment 1324064 View attachment 1324065View attachment 1324068View attachment 1324069View attachment 1324071

• RazoRock SS .95 SB.
• Bic Chrome Platinum (3).
• Executive Shaving Fuar Ach Snog preshave oil.
• Sterling Soap Electric Sheep.
• Simpson Synthetic brush (my only one).
• Thayers Witch Hazel Facial Toner.
• Executive Shaving Fuar Ach Snog aftershave balm for face.
• Skin Bracer by Mennon for back of neck and chest.

This morning was a fast shave, but a very comfortable and efficient shave. The WitchHazel reminded me of the fast part…The Electric Sheep along with the Simpson synthetic lathered up well from the container to my face. The aftershave balm and Mennen created a very “minty” aroma that felt great during this warm mid October Wednesday. The judge is awarding a 9.50 due to some slight irritation on my neck area, but a very nice shave nonetheless. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!

1349A8AB-806D-484D-B07F-A6A4713B81A0.jpeg
929F842F-E01E-41D3-A9A5-2E253960DF05.jpeg

I had a nice and relaxing shave late this morning, as I am off for two days before working the weekend. Still Williams Mug soap and the Slim with a Silver Blue (3), but I switched up the brush to a badger. What a great brush!

Thanks to a comment from @thombrogan wishing me a Happy 29th Birthday and my mad math skills, I realized this is actually my 29th 29th birthday!! :letterk1:

I had a nice and relaxing shave late this morning, as I am off for two days before working the weekend. Still Williams Mug soap and the Slim with a Silver Blue (3), but I switched up the brush to a badger. What a great brush!

Thanks to a comment from @thombrogan wishing me a Happy 29th Birthday and my mad math skills, I realized this is actually my 29th 29th birthday!! :letterk1:

Happy Birthday @MaineYooper !!!

92292722-66FF-4FA7-9BA4-0655EA89CCB0.JPG

Phebo glycerine soap in the shower as a preshave
Dscosmetic T7SE razor head on a RR UFO handle
Bolzano blade (1)
Vulfix Grosvenor brush
Lea Shaving Soap Stick ( first use )
Gillette Aftershave Gel
9.6/10

I had two new products in my shave today which is a bad procedure, but all-in-all everything turned out well. The Lea soap was easy to lather, smelled soapy pleasant, and seemed to provide most of the things I look for in a lathering product. The Bolzano in the Dscosmetic head cut through whiskers with no problem so I am happy with how it performed. I didn't push the shave hard so I aimed for a DFS and when I had it I stopped. I'll push the blade harder tomorrow since I am confident now it probably won't hurt me :)

I didn't use the scuttle, but it makes me happy just having it on the sink so there you go :)

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Wednesday Afternoon Shave

Pre-shave: Weleda Gentle Cleansing Foam

Soap: Arko mixed with a bit of Yardley Wild Rose (Thanks to @FarmerTan for the inspiration on this one)

Bowl: Timeless Blue

Brush: Hawkins & Brimble Synthetic

Razor: King C. Gillette (Returned to an old love for this shave)

Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum

Aftershave: Thayers Unscented (You were right @Butch Waxx :001_smile) & Clubman Whiskey Woods

Eye Gel: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

A perfect 10/10 in my book.

The KCG/BCP is a winning combination for me.

Have a great afternoon, all.

Happy Birthday @MaineYooper and may there be many more!

October 12th, this morning's shave was very good, no mishaps, close and smooth:

Razor: RR Eco
Blade: Eddison (1)- part of the Discovery Adventure PIF, an Israeli made blade
Lather: RR Tuscan Oud Version 2- after a bit of bloom the soap came alive and yielded a fine lather this morning
Brush: Zenith 506 unbleached boar
Post: cool rinse, then finished with RR Tuscan Oud Version 2 AS for a nice finish

Be well, shave well!

PXL_20221012_180558506.PORTRAIT.jpg

Top Bottom