What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

10/10 on 10/13

SOTE Line Up....

PdP 63 was the soap....

I know with GREAT certainty ya'll will know the rest..

Ya'll pass a good time/shave!!

View attachment 1538856
I learned about PdP #63 from this forum and took a flyer on it a month or so ago. I'd been using their original formula for years but it had such a light scent, I used other stuff instead even though PdP is superb shaving soap. Anyway, got the #63 with a few other software items and it was a standout. It's become one of my favorites with an intoxicating scent. Nice setup for your shave today (but you really should have a bottle of Shulton Old Spice if you can find one that's honest and a fair price).

Honest and fair price. The operative words. :001_smile
Yup. Best bet is to find an old boxed set but some people are pretty proud in re to pricing. Sometimes you get lucky at antique stores. A few years ago, I found a nearly full 9 1/2 oz bottle at now defunct antique store in Idaho. He was asking $8 and took $5! It's the 1956 bottle design so it's from somewhere between then and the next revision. Smells soooooo good even after all these years.

Yup. Best bet is to find an old boxed set but some people are pretty proud in re to pricing. Sometimes you get lucky at antique stores. A few years ago, I found a nearly full 9 1/2 oz bottle at now defunct antique store in Idaho. He was asking $8 and took $5! It's the 1956 bottle design so it's from somewhere between then and the next revision. Smells soooooo good even after all these years.
BUT!!! Do I smell good after all these years.

As I get older, the old joke, what is 20 feet long and smells like urine?...?? is becoming more within scope.
Oh BTW... the answer is, line dancers at a nursing home.

BUT!!! Do I smell good after all these years.

As I get older, the old joke, what is 20 feet long and smells like urine?...?? is becoming more within scope.
Oh BTW... the answer is, line dancers at a nursing home.
My strategy is a good diet and a shower at least five days a week, certainly a shower and shave before going to town or being in public. LOL at the joke, I've never heard that one before (but behind my eyes, I'm still 30).

I am back in startup mode. Decided Fougere Mania was appropriate. A bit of a rushed shave this morning brought a injury of a blemish on the neck line.

Overall Score: 9.2 / 10

RAZOR: Blackland Blackbird Ti [SB]
BLADE: Bic Chrome Platinum [1]
BRUSH: Rudy Vey Chief Muehle STF 25mm
LATHER: Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania

mania.jpg

RAZOR Merkur Progress (3 pass @ 2-2-2)
BLADE Gillette Nacet (1)
BRUSH RazoRock Bruce 24mm
SOAP DG Massacre of the Innocents
POST Nivea Balm | Aqua Velva

Brainfart and loaded way too much soap lol, forgot this is a soft soap. I think I had enough on the brush for 8-10 passes. At least I had a very full lather. Loving the cooler weather we have had, expecting rain this weekend, so even better.

9.5/10 Cheers everyone! :thumbup1:

IMG_9379.jpg

I am back in startup mode. Decided Fougere Mania was appropriate. A bit of a rushed shave this morning brought a injury of a blemish on the neck line.

Overall Score: 9.2 / 10

RAZOR: Blackland Blackbird Ti [SB]
BLADE: Bic Chrome Platinum [1]
BRUSH: Rudy Vey Chief Muehle STF 25mm
LATHER: Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania

View attachment 1538869
Judging from the picture I am guessing you should ditch the blade. As it is now it is prone to misalignment. That’s what caused the nick - not the rush obviously 🙄

Guido

Date
365 days of shaving288/287
(100%)
GRUME30/31 (97% out)
OCtober14/31 (100%)
Tabactober8/31 (87%)

Passes2
WTGGillette Slant/Slide
(NE-SW)

ATGStraight
(S-N)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
9/10 (~15 minutes)
8/10 (DFS+)
10/10 (Clean)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Fatip OC Special Edition
King C Gillette (26)
Razorock Plissoft 400
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash with Proraso face wash
Proraso Green (A/S)
Proraso Green (balm)

Notes:

Used @tjsgarden lather method for a nice rich lather. Razor and blade were just wonderful. I could easily use this all week if I have to. I could, but I won’t - too much fun rotating at the moment.

Journal link:

Ponderings from today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11967068

Yates 921-H
Shark platinum
PAA the mentholated cube
Dscosmetic manchurian
PAA diver down
Proraso green splash
Proraso wood and spices cologne

First shave with the H plate. Pretty big leap in gap 1.03mm vs. 64mm on the M plate but it shaved equally easy and forgiving.
But I have a problem, or rather... There is something I dont quite understand.

Post shave feel on both M and H plate is great, very soft... But I can SEE my black beard's shadow clearly just 2 hours after my shave.

Used my dscosmetic s9 yesterday and the shadow was clearly less obvious.
What I dont get is why my face feels soft while shadow is visible.

The Yates offers a more gentle shave compared to the GC. 84 clone but the shadow makes me think it's not as efficient? The face feel is very confusing though... 🤔🤔🤔

I was very happy with the quality and ease of this morning's shave. Clearly the H plate suits me even better than the M plate... But maybe I need the EH plate.

april_2022-10-14-07-59-49-853.jpg

lasta

Blade Biter
Yates 921-H
Shark platinum
PAA the mentholated cube
Dscosmetic manchurian
PAA diver down
Proraso green splash
Proraso wood and spices cologne

First shave with the H plate. Pretty big leap in gap 1.03mm vs. 64mm on the M plate but it shaved equally easy and forgiving.
But I have a problem, or rather... There is something I dont quite understand.

Post shave feel on both M and H plate is great, very soft... But I can SEE my black beard's shadow clearly just 2 hours after my shave.

Used my dscosmetic s9 yesterday and the shadow was clearly less obvious.
What I dont get is why my face feels soft while shadow is visible.

The Yates offers a more gentle shave compared to the GC. 84 clone but the shadow makes me think it's not as efficient? The face feel is very confusing though... 🤔🤔🤔

I was very happy with the quality and ease of this morning's shave. Clearly the H plate suits me even better than the M plate... But maybe I need the EH plate.

View attachment 1538942
Or just turn off the light and they all look the same.:lol1:

Treet Carbon Steel Blade review(s)

14 October 2022​
1665748051699.jpeg

Prep
Baylis & Harding Cedar & Amber liquid gel soap.
Razor
King C Gillette
Brush
Amazon Badger Hair brush
Bowl
WCS Blue Plastic
Lathering
Noble Otter’s--Lonestar scent (using boiled tap water)
Treet Blade
Power Pakistan Shave #3
Passes
WTG
XTG
Buffing as required
Cleanup
Rinse and dried face
Witch Hazel
Alum Stick
Noble Otter Lone Star After Shave
Rating(s) and Comments
Today the Power blade, King C Gillette razor, Noble Otter Lonestar soap, and Badger hair brush, combined with a long soak-in prep, yielded a 9.3 DFS+ shave, more buffing than yesterday, but still a nice quality shave. Blade is hinting it is getting dull.

I switched back to my blue plastic bowl this morning. The Fine Stoneware bowl is nice, but my lather spread all over the larger bowl area. I wanted to experiment and see if the blue bowl keeps the lather more concentrated, which it did. Plus, it takes up less room on the counter.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

Treet Carbon Steel Blade review(s)

14 October 2022​
View attachment 1539033
Prep
Baylis & Harding Cedar & Amber liquid gel soap.
Razor
King C Gillette
Brush
Amazon Badger Hair brush
Bowl
WCS Blue Plastic
Lathering
Noble Otter’s--Lonestar scent (using boiled tap water)
Treet Blade
Power Pakistan Shave #3
Passes
WTG
XTG
Buffing as required
Cleanup
Rinse and dried face
Witch Hazel
Alum Stick
Noble Otter Lone Star After Shave
Rating(s) and Comments
Today the Power blade, King C Gillette razor, Noble Otter Lonestar soap, and Badger hair brush, combined with a long soak-in prep, yielded a 9.3 DFS+ shave, more buffing than yesterday, but still a nice quality shave. Blade is hinting it is getting dull.

I switched back to my blue plastic bowl this morning. The Fine Stoneware bowl is nice, but my lather spread all over the larger bowl area. I wanted to experiment and see if the blue bowl keeps the lather more concentrated, which it did. Plus, it takes up less room on the counter.
Good morning, sir! The Timeless bowl is quite excellent. The lather I got with the Arko/Yardley Wild Rose mix in it was probably my best yet. :001_smile

10 14 22.jpg

I usually take Fridays and Saturdays off to relax but unfortunately I need to put in some work today. Not doing so wouldn't be smart. I'll go about it casually to make it less of a bummer.

With that, started the day smelling as good as possible. Great setup for those days (or nights) I need to look my best and smell my best. And on a day like today it mixes very nicely with pajama pants.

11/10. Lets ignore the chin weeper and the fact that I did a terrible job on the left side of my neck. I smell amazing and that's all that matters.

First shave with the R41 head. I was so impressed. Whilst being careful, I still found it a fantastic, efficient shave. 5 days growth without any irritation. One pass and a pick up could have been sufficient but I enjoyed so much I went for three.

Cream: TOBS Sensitive
Brush: T1
Blade: Personna Platinum
Razor: R41 head on an Edwin Jagger Kelvin handle
Balm: Nivea Cool
Splash: Razorock Emperor

shave.jpg

Top Bottom