What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Wednesday shave

Warm water used for this shave
Cella Crema Da Barba (red) shave soap
Maggard plastic lather bowl w/handle & brush rest
Simpson Trafalgar T3 synthetic brush
Henson Shaving Al13 Aggressive (+++)
Kai SS razor blade (7)
Clubman Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum aftershave

This was a three pass shave; WTG, XTG, ATG.
The Kai blade now has seven shaves on it, which is a record for any blade I've used.
As usual, the Henson +++ and Kai blade produced a very good shave.
No weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

9.8/10

Have some happy shaves!

💈SOTD // Wolfman Ti WR2 SB 1.35 WRH 3/7 // Declaration Grooming • Chatillon Lux Agua Fresca Soap and Splash // Paladin Ichabod 26mm Disco // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Perma-Sharp
AB67B4DD-984B-4164-A993-1EF8DAA04614.jpeg

💯/💯
😍🐺😎🐺🙌

Hanging onto summer with today’s scent! Have a great day all! ☀️

Gillette slim set at 3.
Personna Platinum red. Been my favorites for many years and always my go too blades.
Ever Ready pure badger.
Seaforth Sea Spice Lime.
2nd soap Razorock Gold label after first strike with the seaforth.

As far as the slim and the personna blade go, always spot on for me using my regular soaps.
Tried this combo with the Seaforth, first pass ruff and dragging and nicks!! Hardly ever get nicks shaving! Second pass, worse! Done, rinsed off everything!
The seaforth, good lather and scent but acted more like a sticky paste than soap on my stubble! Yep, even added water a bit but that did not help.

Pulled out Razorock Gold label to finish the bad start. Very good lather and a very pleasing scent. First time using this! Nice and slick and an extremely pleasant finish to a very bad start!

BBS+10, Wife's review----WOW I like!!

1FA8E279-AA9D-4D0D-BA3F-DB78C1E9B1E6.jpeg

8B943739-1BE5-4A32-ABB0-9ED7EFB495AA.jpeg
So my SOTD waa:

Karve SS Christopher Bradley (C Plate)
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cube 2.0 (Tube 2.0 pictured due to the cube being well worn)
Voshkod blade
Jequil Corenveo 26 MM synthetic
Suribachi Lather Bowl Doug Smith Pottery

Started with the B plate, too mild (never thought I’d say that, but here we are) up to the C and produced a DFS.

9 out of 10

Think my technique is on par, I’m able to produce a sweet shave with almost any combo now. I can still get a stinker if I try, (but why?) and it’s super rare even with several days of growth.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wednesday Afternoon Shave

Pre-shave: Weleda Gentle Cleansing Foam

Soap: Arko mixed with a bit of Yardley Wild Rose (Thanks to @FarmerTan for the inspiration on this one)

Bowl: Timeless Blue

Brush: Hawkins & Brimble Synthetic

Razor: King C. Gillette (Returned to an old love for this shave)

Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum

Aftershave: Thayers Unscented (You were right @Butch Waxx :001_smile) & Clubman Whiskey Woods

Eye Gel: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

A perfect 10/10 in my book.

The KCG/BCP is a winning combination for me.

Have a great afternoon, all.
I will be trying the Yardley Wild Rose with Arko!

1500 hr shave, whiskers quite long here.
prep: PAA Cube 2 Enigma Machine (used as face wash and pre-shave)
soap: PAA Atomic Pumpkin CK-6
brush: Yaqi Janus cashmere one of my softest brushes
razor: Yates 921-M stonewash finish
blade: Gillette Platinum (1) seeking max comfort
music: DJ Shadow High Noon
I used the medium 921 baseplate (thought to myself don't get maniacal about BBS)
Used a bowl to lather initially then further face lathered the pre-shave soap while
using fine mister bottle now and then. A super slick do-no-wrong environment was enjoyed
3 passes, WTG, XTG, XTG on neck and ATG on face. A couple touch-ups. No nicks or irritation.

10/10 most BBS except neck is CCS

lasta

Blade Biter
Red Tip, English London Bridge, Omega, Stirling Piacenza, Nivea.

8/10

A good CCS overall. An extensive pre-shave with thorough washing and Proraso foam hydration, then gave the London Bridge a quick corking which seemed to make it cut a bit better.

Still not convinced by it's "light brigade" heritage though. Then again, IMO YMMV and all that, English Wilkie's and me don't get along.

20221012_223210.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20221012_141755~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie X1 Slant (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
Brush: @apshaveco Lemon Drop (AP Shave Co 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado

The ATT X1 Slant has an intuitive feel and the results are quite good. :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11965525

Preshave: Glycerin Facewash with warm water splashes
Razor : Feather Artist Club DX Non Folding
Blade : Feather Super Professional Blade (D6)
Brush : Simpson Chubby 3 in Super, Cobalt Blue Handle
Soap : Tabac
Aftershave : Alum Block + Cold water splashes + Only ME Original AS Lotion

Rating : 9.64/10

Very very close and very comfortable BBS ! :001_wub: :straight:

Thu 13 SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 2nd
Aftershave Stirling Executive Man Splash
This is a classy cream. Nicely scented with a slick lather. The AS matched well...
Just an awesome shave with this classic razor paired with a marvelously smooth blade at setting 9 for all 3passes for a bbs finish. Not many blades can be used at the max setting in this razor. Rating 10/10!
20221013_095147.jpg

Date
365 days of shaving287/286
(100%)
GRUME30/31 (97% out)
OCtober13/31 (100%)
Tabactober8/31 (87%)

Passes2
WTGGillette Slant
(NE-SW)

ATGStraight
(S-N)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
9/10 (~15 minutes)
8/10 (DFS+)
9/10 (minor weeper)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Fatip OC nickel
Feather (3)
Omega Proraso
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Tallowbac
Kox Enamel
Cold splash
Chanel Allure (balm)

Notes:

If I would have been just a little more deliberate with my strokes this could have been a one pass DFS/BBS shave!! Amazing!

Excellent shave with nice results - not everywhere a full BBS but a DFS was had.

Journal link:

Ponderings from today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11965646

20221013_082716.jpg

• A clean sweep of Castle Forbes software: 'The Pre-Shave' and lime cream and after-shave balm
  • Muhle synthetic brush, traditional/chrome
  • Captain's Choice heavyweight copper bowl
  • Razorock Gamechanger 68-P
  • Shark super stainless blade (3)
Absolutely love the CF lime cream, possibly still my favourite scent. Very smooth and enjoyable shave with considerably above satisfactory results. 9.5/10.

View attachment 1538368
  • A clean sweep of Castle Forbes software: 'The Pre-Shave' and lime cream and after-shave balm
  • Muhle synthetic brush, traditional/chrome
  • Captain's Choice heavyweight copper bowl
  • Razorock Gamechanger 68-P
  • Shark super stainless blade (3)
Absolutely love the CF lime cream, possibly still my favourite scent. Very smooth and enjoyable shave with considerably above satisfactory results. 9.5/10.
Very nice!!!

I guess it was yesterday but I'm still up, sigh. I once again, used my hybrid Gillette NEW LC in user condition. Hybrid because while the severely cracked ball handle was repaired, I'd put on a spare ball end Tech handle and I actually like the balance better with that combo. Feels more compactly solid. Blade was a Wilkenson German on, I believe round two. I don't keep notes, journals, spread sheets so...

Brush was my outstanding Kent BK4 sivertip used to lather up T&H 1805 cream, mostly on the face. Prep was a quick shower with the brush wetted under a few seconds of warm water. I get such good lathers with anything in my cabinets these days, I feel like going on the pro shaving tour. ;)

The usual three pass dance with touch-up. I am starting to really love these vintage open combs (also have a beautifully restored/replated SC Old Type). Shave was to my daily BBS standard and finished with 1805 aftershave balm. We'll call it 9/10 as I've been getting a little cocky with the scoring lately. ;)

Other than back country travel, shooting guns, and, occasionally smoking cigars (cause weed ain't legal in my state), shaving is my, yet to be broken daily manly ritual. Maybe it's not too late for MMA...

Top Bottom