What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Great shave today and very smooth. Although I pushed the Nacet a bit past its useful life. A litte more than normal touch ups required.

Overall Score: 9.6/10

RAZOR: RazoRock Lupo 95 [OC]
BLADE: Nacet [3]
BRUSH: AP Shave Co 24mm G5C
LATHER: House of Mammoth Sonder

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash
- Sukin Facial Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave oil
- Abbate Y La Mantia Laureato Shaving Soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- The Goodfellas Smile Witch Hazel and Cucumber Facial Toner
- Niod Skin Serums
- Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum Aftershave Balm
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Merkur Progress
- Merkur Super Platinum (2)
- Zenith 506N Unbleached Boar
- Steve Woodhead Pottery Suribachi Lather Scuttle

Fragrance for the day
- Floris Bergamotto Di Positano EDP

Shave Rating: 9/10
My second shave with a Merkur blade and after shave 1s lack of closeness and slightly tuggy at times shave I decided to turn the Progress up to 4 for all passes and the result was still a smooth shave (not quite as smooth as shave 1) but a more efficient shave with no tugging. No irritation or Alum feedback today and it doesn't look like any ingrowns are inbound as often happens with less sharp blades.

RAZOR Merkur Progress (3 pass @ 3-3-2)
BLADE Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)
BRUSH Simpson Trafalgar T2
SOAP Stirling Coconut Lime
POST Pinaud Clubman

:thumbup: Waiting on a Maggard's order later this week for some goodies.
Set on razors, blades, and brush for awhile so just trying out more new soaps.

9.25/10 Cheers!

IMG_8885.jpg

A5A8D97C-EDAF-4AF6-9909-E5B682F4943B.jpeg

Soap: Electric Pineapple
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Sea Glass / Omega Pro
Razor: Razorock Lupo .72
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)

Don’t think I’ve done this before, but shaving during a thunderstorm surrounded by open windows is a most excellent experience. DFS+

10/10

Winning razor
Astra SP (3)
MdC Original
Vintage Lord Chesterfield re-knot
Pinaud Clubman

I am warming up to the Winning. Third shave, same blade, great result. I used MdC and got a mountain of lather using my black-badger-of-unkown-origin, otherwise known as "the porcupine". You want scritch (more like scratch) - get a no-name black badger.

Anyway, using a ton of lather, applied only to part of my face and shaved immediately (lather cheeks and chin, shave cheeks and chin, lather neck, shave neck) I was able to considerably reduce the drag.

The result was a great shave, near BBS, no irritation or blood. As good as it gets, for me. 10 of 10.

20220808_222037.jpg

Seaforth Heather soap
Semogue Hereditas 610 boar brush
Ralf Aust 5/8 straight razor
RazoRock King Louis Lavender aftershave

One pass on face and two on neck. Results on the neck were great. Face was OK. I’ll say a 9/10 averaging a 10 score for the neck and an 8 for the face. I would have done two passes on the face if I had had the time. As it was, I was really pushing it shaving with a SR when I had little time before I had to leave.

19BF5127-938D-49B8-B407-EA9A554649C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Happy Feast Day, @Dominic!

tempImagewsQ0pg.jpg

Brush: PAA Green Ray
Lather: SW Lycanthropy
Blade: German Wilkinson Sword (2)
Razor: Karve CB SB-G
First aid: Alum

Gosh, I had quite a few weepers today, mostly around the left corner of my mouth. Not sure what I did there! I guess things just didn't go entirely my way with this shave, but no problem. My beard grows pretty fast. I could only really give this a 7.5/10 and move on with life! I did a lot of house cleaning and other errands and things today, so I felt pretty accomplished today.

Happy Feast Day, @Dominic!

View attachment 1501686

Brush: PAA Green Ray
Lather: SW Lycanthropy
Blade: German Wilkinson Sword (2)
Razor: Karve CB SB-G
First aid: Alum

Gosh, I had quite a few weepers today, mostly around the left corner of my mouth. Not sure what I did there! I guess things just didn't go entirely my way with this shave, but no problem. My beard grows pretty fast. I could only really give this a 7.5/10 and move on with life! I did a lot of house cleaning and other errands and things today, so I felt pretty accomplished today.
Thank you! 😃

Tue 9 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Shark Platinum 5th
Aftershave B&M Le Grand Chypre Splash
An absolutely beautiful scent from the soap and enhanced by the matching splash. The lather was richly creamy and slick too!!
This shave with the blade paired with the razor was good but there's a bite to it. Among the sharks & jaws, this is the only one that bites. 3passes for a dfs result with 2 micro red spots. Ok...enough for the blade...will be ditched...rating 9.5
20220809_125220.jpg

Yaqi Melon golden razor head with Yaqi solid brass handle. This razor has an interesting design, as it virtually never clogs. You can (at least me) shave and shave and shave without have to rinse it.

Dorco prime blade 3rd use, sharp and smooth.

Simpson Best badger 2

La Toja shaving cream and alcohol free balm. For those who cares about expiry date of shaving cream this tube is about 10 years old. Strong performer.

Quick shave under the shower, doesn't get better than this.

20220809_061936.jpg

09 August 2022

GRUME-AUG-09
1660044302393.jpeg

Prep
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor
King C. Gillette
Brush
Omega---11126
Soap
Noble Otter’s--Lonestar scent
Bowl
Q Shave Scuttle
Blade
Shark Yellow Super Stainless 7 of 10 Shave #4 and out
Passes
WTG, XTG, f/b buffing as required
Cleanup
Rinsed & dried face f/b Witch Haze f/b Omega Alum stick
Aftershave
Old Spice
Rating(s)
8.5 CAS
Today
Heavy stubble, but no nicks or weepers.
Comment(s)
A thick, stiff beard wiped out blade #7. I needed considerable buffing to get a decent post shave feel. Off to blade #8 tomorrow.

Top Bottom