What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Blackland Vector SS
Kai Titan Protouch MG
Grooming Dept
PALADIN
Pinaud Clubman

💯 again 😎

C539B4E9-EC89-4293-B956-7893DDFE0C4B.jpeg

217BFB86-AB63-4603-B1CB-0373EE0F930B.jpeg

Dscosmetic T7SE razor head
SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium
RR Barber 24
Stirling Tangerine
Clubman Citrus Musk AS
9.7/10

First use of this head and it was lovely. Stirling always works well for me and the Tangerine is really a favorite of mine. I’m about 12 shaves in on the SuperMax blade so it doesn’t owe me any money but it is still provided close and comfortable shaves.

💈SOTD // Timeless Ti .95 // ETHOS Mandarino Fumo Soap and Splash // Simpson M7 Manchurian // Captains Choice Copper Bowl // Perma-Sharp
693C4146-1F50-4B6C-936D-DA295C5B9C90.jpeg

9.75/10 today!
Great Timeless Ti shave! Only a tiny bit less efficient than my Blackbird Ti. I still very much enjoy this razor.

Ethos F base and skin food is very quickly becoming a favorite of mine. It’s one of only a few doubles that I have in my rotation now. Have a great day everyone!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: GEM PTFE (7)
Soap/Cream: Sir Henry's Sandalwood
Bowl: Doug Smith Sirabachi Shave Bowl
Brush: Semogue Cherry Wood Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Three pass BBS shave with no touch ups. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Excellent efficient shave. Nice mindless shave, good lather, nice cushion, good residual slickness.

Posting here today because of today's fantastic Mitchell's Wool Fat shave. There's so much attention paid to the latest and newest soap from someone or other and MWF doesn't get the attention it deserves. Too old. Not some interesting scent. I hadn't used it for an age but did today and wow what a soap this is. Just fantastic. As good as anything else there is. For me, at least; I know sometimes folks say it can be hard to lather -- my suggestion: try a synthetic. No problem at all.

To get a 10/10 shave:
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Maggard Synthetic Black & White
Raw RS-10
GSB
Summer Break Rope Swing
ABC Almond Oil

2022.08.08 - MWF RS-10 .jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, August 9th 2022

Razor : Ever-Ready 1912 with a modified Gem Micromatic handle, Mfg 1936- 53, nice mid range, well built and takes the modern Gem blade still. Joy to use and easy to shave the face with.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Speick- nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Triple milled soap in a stick very nice.
Brush : Yaqi Bali 24mm silvertip badger, new brush, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of Neutrogena Hydro boost moisturizing lotion(scentless)testing).
Results :10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Ever-Ready1912 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD August 9 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

• Timeless Ti .5 slim in polished.
• Mitchell’s Wool Fat Soap.
• Gillette 7’ O’clock sharp edge yellow.
• Sterling Soap finest badger.
• Executive Shaving Pre-Shave Oil.
• Duke Cannon cooling balm for face.
• Witch Hazel for face splash.
• Old Spice for back of neck and chest.

Today I used my Timeless Ti .5mm slim and was reminded that this razor is not for carelessly whipping it around and getting in a hurry….If I had to choose one razor for a single pass and done it would be this one, (at least for my mug). With that said, I did a WTG on cheeks, neck, and mustache followed by a XTG on the cheeks and mustache and ending with an ATG on cheeks to wrap things up. Can’t detect any whiskers at all for a very smooth, efficient, bloodless, and irritation free after 15 minutes.
This slim edition is for getting in and getting out, but I took my time and enjoyed the shave, especially in tight areas like under my nose.
I also used a new blade for the first time. I received a sample pack of Gillettes that I have never used, but want to try. Today was the 7 O’clock sharp edge yellow. The blade performed just fine. No tugging or pulling and was smooth. My first stroke under my left sideburn followed by the next couple of strokes down my cheek did not feel as sharp as my Nacet or Perma Sharp, but magically it caught up to speed and did a fine job, (either that or I was trying to dial in on my shave angle early in the shave).
The judge is awarding a 10 today based on the end results. Have a great day everyone!

Attachments

• 5CB501A3-481E-450C-B45E-1D36AF7E5351.jpeg
    5CB501A3-481E-450C-B45E-1D36AF7E5351.jpeg
    936.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 8DEAA441-DD0F-49BA-9C03-CF3253C86261.jpeg
    8DEAA441-DD0F-49BA-9C03-CF3253C86261.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Yaqi Bali 24mm silvertip badger
I have had my eye on that brush, I love how it looks. Apparently it's great in use as well. I ended up going for a DScosmetic brush because they seem to cover custom fees and Yaqi doesn't. I'm not sure if thats true, but it says so on Yaqi's listings... Anyway... Enjoy your brush!

I have had some bad and mediocore shaves lately. Today was good, not perfect.
I'm guessing I harmed my skin too much and it needed some time to recover .

Today was:
Dscosmetic s9
Treet 7 Days platinum
Dscosmetic 24mm manchurian badger
PAA diver down
Proraso green splash

full

Last edited:
Tuesday, August 9th- another surprisingly nice two-pass shave with a Treet 7 days blade loaded in a Tech, no mishaps and no remaining stubble, squeaky close- score it BBS, 10/10:

Razor: Gillette Tech- triangle slots
Blade: Treet 7 days platinum (2)- this stainless blade seems neither really sharp nor really smooth, but delivered another really fine shave- can't argue with success
Lather: RR Santa Maria del Fiore Sapone de Barba- new to me- this was purchased on sale, and it's quite soft, easy to lather, fairly slick, smells good, and comes in a nice large tub; very enjoyable
Brush: Zenith 506 unbleached boar- just lovely in use

We truly live in an amazing time for wet-shaving enthusiasts.

Have some fine shaves and enjoy the rest of the week!

PXL_20220809_164121454.MP_2.jpg

Prep: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Wash
Oil: None
Cream: Barbasol 1919
Brush: None
Razor: 34c
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Post-Shave: Nivea Sensitive

Trying to get through some of my older stock. I like 1919, but it does have clogging issues. I saw some advice while I was lurking about using a pea-sized amount rather than the nickle-sized amount recommended on the packaging which really helped. I am a three-pass shaver, and typically 1919 lasts two passes, so I did one application on WTG and XTG, and a second application for ATG and touch-ups.

Very forgiving, pleasant shave. One weeper that closed with cold water, no irritation.

Economical ingredients, relatively close (perfect cheeks, some roughness on the neck, but to date, I don’t think I’ve ever done a BBS on my neck). 8.5/10.

Razor: Gillette Fatboy 1960
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite
Preshave: Hot shower
Soap: Stirling Executive Man 👔
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man 👔
Finish Scent: EDT Stirling Executive Man 👔

Great shave.
I always feel elevated with this shave.
Rating: 10/10 DFS+
IMG_20220809_111416-01.jpeg

Soap: Stirling Ben Franklin
Razor: Thiers Issard 7/8ths
Brush: Simpson M7 synthetic
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

I actually had VIBR out in order to use it because I'm starting to crave those types of scents, but when I realized it is in the upper 90s outside, and was sweating during the shave I went and grabbed Osage Rub. There will be plenty of opporitunities for VIBR in the future, but it's not quite the season yet.

Really enjoyed the scent of Ben Franklin. Chose to bowl lather today since I used a sample and like to break off some to press into the bottom of a bowl. The M7 really shines at it. It's really interesting having a #1 all of a sudden after using a brush rotation for a while.

10/10.

Top Bottom