What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

C5BA1B1E-9D21-4498-B1B4-D63464917E94.jpeg

Razor: Timeless SS 0.68OC
Blade: Feather (new)
Brush: Plisson HMW Horn Handle #12
Soap: Czech & Speake Oxford Cambridge

It’s been I while since the C&S has been out for a run but I now remember why it’s in my top 5 list of soaps. Very mild and slick with a fluffy soft lather. This is the first soap that I was able to shave with daily.

Today was a quick two pass, no touch ups, no fuss. The result was a CCS with no irritation. In my book that’s a 10.

Thursday, Feb 27, 12:45am cat

Prep: Hot shower, Musgo Real Lime Glyce Soap, Proraso Red Pre-shave cream
Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Soap: Cella
Brush: Parker
Post-Shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block, Cold Water Rinse
After-Shave: Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

My second shave with the Envoy. I like the blade feel. Assertive but not threatening. Deserving of respect. Four pass BBS and no irritation. Cat O' Nine Tails makes me see through time for about 30 seconds. I love it! 9.5/10

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Today's shave:

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Brush: Razorock Plissoft Bruce
Soap: Italian Barber Amici
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Post-shave:Alum stick, Thayer's Witch Hazel Lavender,

4 passes, BBS. A little too close today. Stung when applying the Alum. Could be this new combination of Amici, SLOC, and BIC Chrome Platinum. Amici provided less protection, the SLOC was efficient, and the BIC on it's 1st use a bit in the rougher side.

7.5/10

Thu 27 on the SOTD
Soap Conk Amber
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Vintage Gillette Single Ring
Blade Vintage Gillette Super Nacet
Postshave Alum + Thayers Lemon
Aftershave Clubman WhiskyWood
Great lather from the bowl. Colonel Conk soaps are fantastic for their creaminess and slickness.
Shave with razor and blade was really good. No weepers but due to such a nice shaver...overdo abit and results in some irritation on the jawline and neck.
3+1pass. Wtg, xtg/atg, atg & xtg.
Result was BBS but some irritation. Rating today 9/10
20200227_073818.jpg

20200227_075756.jpg

SOTD
  • Cold Water Shave
  • Pre Shave - none
  • Brush - Heritage Collection Synthetic
  • Shave Soap - Abbate Y La Mantia Isacco
  • Razor - Karve SB "C" Blackland Handle
  • Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
  • Post Shave - Thayers Aloe Vera
  • Splash - Abbate Y La Mantia Isacco
  • Balm - Zingari Sego Unscented
  • 10/10
Wow - bit of a pleasant surprise this one .... ordered really as I fancied the scent of fig/apple but wasn't ready for top notch performance that goes with it !!

Soap smelled fantastic - subtle and not as strong as US artisans seem to produce but very very nice :)

Easy to lather - I think it may be best suited to face lathering as I bowl lather and I was thinking it was lacking body till I face lathered and the lather just kept on building.

First stroke I had to check I had a blade in the razor !! 3 passes later and I have one of the closest shaves I can remember - great glide and protection.
Post shave feel again is very good without the "fat" that tallow seems to give ... but it still feels excellent.

Matching splash has a slightly stronger scent which again matches the soap perfectly and although alcohol in the ingredients didn't give any sting on application. Seemed to absorb instantly and left the skin feeling great.

Can't believe I've only just come across this maker - well under the radar and is a top performer.

IMG_5150.JPG

Thursday's Shave

Back to T&H Ultimate Comfort cream with an Omega Hi syn brush. The razor was my Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 loaded with a Feather blade. Aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH + DR Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk. After a shower the fragrance was Jimmy Choo Intense Man.

Shave was 9/10. Should have tossed the Feather blade.

Thursday shave.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur Feb 27th 2020- this a interesting razor design for installing gem blades.

Razor: Eveready 1924 (Shovel head) + E.R strop Streamline handle- MFG 1924-33
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6)
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Very nice citrus scent with good lather properties.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm- Great little brush.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results :9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated no irritation + 1 tiny blemish weeper= :a17: Great shave

SOTD,Feb 27th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Timeless Bronze TRBR38
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200226_113105.jpg

4CA0BDC7-D69F-4A82-BEE0-46AD4708BBEE.jpeg

Prep: Hot Shower

Soap: Derby Lemon Cream

Brush: Custom by Rick Montalvo with a TGN Silvertip Knot

Razor: Merkur 34c

Blade: Astra Stainless (4x)

Post: Alum + Thayer's Coconut Toner + Myrsol Agua De Limon + Grooming Dept Rejuvinating Serum

Fragrance: Aqua Di Gio Profumo by Georgio Armani

9.8/10 BBS Not sure it gets any better than this, but who truly knows how high is high when it comes to elevating your shave?

DD581858-050D-4D21-A2BE-038D862C1334.jpeg

Razor: Timeless SS 0.68OC
Blade: Feather (new)
Soap: Czech & Speake Oxford Cambridge
AS: Thayers WH & Nivea Balm

Another run for the Czech & Speake. This is Volabra made, tallow based, soap is the real deal. Back to basics with a ‘just enough take the soap off’ pressure. Also testing out a slightly revised sweep path under the jaw line.

Fantastic result. Could be a personal best. A very close, very comfortable, two-pass with touch up. In my book that’s a 10.

Rex Envoy (first time ever)
Dorco Prime Platinum (first time ever)
Fine American Blend
Haircut & Shave 24mm synthetic
Timeless lather bowl
Brut aftershave

8.5 / 10

The Envoy is the perfect size and weight, and the Dorco was sharp and comfortable. I just need some time to learn both a bit more so I’m not going over the same spots too much.

2B24209E-8F7D-494B-A358-43A8E62995BD.jpeg

Top Bottom