What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: GEM PTFE (de-splined only) (2)
Soap: Stirling Glastonbury
Bowl: Blue Stirling Bowl
Brush: WCS Beacon Silvertip Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 3 pass BBS shave, 1 touch up. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Blade stayed in place during whole shave. A GEM blade makes for a smoother shave, maybe not as efficient, but smoother. The GEM blade made the Genesis a winner today! I usually prefer the Hybrid over the Genesis but todays shave has me leaning towards the Genesis by using the GEM blade. The GEM smoothed out the shave for me as my objection to the Genesis has been the greater blade feel and it's aggressiveness.

linty1

My wallet cries.
AD270EB4-4252-44B8-81EF-0A565B829D2A.jpeg

I do love to load, I think I'm nearing the end if my run with the boar, but its such a nice brush, just need to change it up from time to time. Soc boar/mwf/gsb/superspeed and a lovely shave.

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Coconut, Tallow Version
Brush
Rooney 1/3 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Lord SC
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Using the Mergress XL and Lord SC combo today for the third shave. The blade has started to dull, and this will be its last shave. A nice lather and good shave. Topped off with some TOBS fragrance. Have a great day, B&Bers.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
A.S.Razor shave, July 27th, 2021

Razor: Star bar #4 model- Mfg 1920, excellent mid range, well built for that Era, I just get great shaves with it.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream(New), mild scent of lavender with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Dandi lion 24mm Cashmere knot- excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, mild scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: witch hazel + Ach Brito Lavada cologne AS(New) + a dollop of Nivea balm + 2 drops of HA.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS, DFS, BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Star bar(Kampfe brothers Brooklyn NY) with a Gem coated blade.
Brush collage July 27th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

A much-needed 48-hour-beard shave today:

Gillette Red Tip from '56/Feather blade (2)

Arko!

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Pre-shower, Stirling SDM aftershave; post shower, Assured lotion, Sherlock AS, Clubman powder

The bristles were apparent to the touch this morning! Before my shower, I washed up with Dial soap, applied the Arko! stick, and face-lathered. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, throat only, ATG; cleanup, XTG. Darn close to BBS, only one tiny tiny nick on my lower lip. (I was trying to achieve near-BBS there, and even with skin stretching that's not gonna happen.) No irritation. The combo of Red Tip and Feather is a solid winner.

Verdict: 9.5!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Gillette Red Tip with a King C Gillette blade
TOBS Lavender cream
Vielong horsehair brush
Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic AS
Rated it 7 of 10 because I grow less fond of the King C Gillette blades the more I use them.
They are sharp, but I just don't get a no thinking about it comfortable shave with them.

Razor: Wilkinson - Pall Mall (7 Day Set) 1905
Blade: Wilkinson - “Special” Wedge Blade
Brush: Henri et Victoria - Karma (synthetic) 25mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Spearhead Shaving - Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Ethos - Peppermint Splash
B41ED98D-F5FC-4AD1-AF27-7FEC0FF50F0C.jpeg
AA189C2B-5081-4062-8901-F05320C42AFD.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.7/10
Better, but just OK.
I’m still trying to get a really good shave from this razor. For some reason I haven’t been able to get a line on getting a sticky sharp edge on these blades. Before today’s shave I went through the entire x-coarse DMT all the way to 12000 + 0.1micron lapping. @Ron R suggested putting a micro bevel on it, so I double taped the spine and gave it some passes on the 12000 and 0.1. It seemed to help, but still not a shave I would go out of my way to have. I’m considering buying a 220 stone so I can say I own that blade angles a-s-s!
At least I didn’t have to stop my shave today for extra honing or stropping. My face is smooth, but can’t say I enjoyed getting there.
I think I’m going to end my 7 day shave trial until I get a line on these blades. I may go back to my Wilkinson Empire which honed up and shaved me effortlessly. Perhaps these older Pall Mall razors don’t shave as nicely as the newer Empires, but I doubt it. Even a hundred years ago people knew the difference between a good and a crappy shave.

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Brush: Beagle
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub

First straight razor shave this month on 2 days growth. Could have cleaned up a little better but whatever. Great shave, no blood/irritation. Was worried I lost the finesse but no, the muscle memory was still in tact.

Good to be back to the straight razor.

9/10

Razor: GEM 1912, chrome (nickel?) plated with the hexagonal(?) handle; circa 1928?
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (9)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre synthetic, medium size
Soap: Tabac
Rating: 10

Yesterday's shave on 2 days of growth. BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, and no nicks or irritation. Perfect results again.

Tuesday morning shave- two-pass, with minimal clean up, rating = 9++/10, no nicks, no weepers, no irritation, and overall- DFS+, just shy of great. Went back to the Occam's razor with a fresh Feather Pro today. The OneBlade is currently upstairs in the hands of my son-in-law who flew in with my four-year old grandson yesterday. He is usually a DE shaver, a Tradere SB and Perma-sharp blades. He said the OneBlade felt "weird." We'll see if he decides to try it again and keep it; tomorrow maybe he'll try an Occam's Razor- nice to have an in-house guinea pig for a couple of days :001_rolle .

Pre-shave: hot shower followed by a cool rinse
Razor: Occam's Razor- got a closer and much faster shave with this razor than the OneBlade, less shaving was also required
Blade: Feather Pro (1) the shave feels quite good to me
Brush: Simpson Special in Pure- a little brush that's breaking in nicely; very good size for the small tub of soap
Soap: Free Reign Farm Old-Fashioned Goat's Milk Shaving Soap- makes a decent slick and comfortable lather
Post-shave: cold rinse, then Floid The Genuine AS lotion, this juice is really nice, if the Original formula newly out is better, I'm surely in for a bottle

Hope you have some wonderful shaves!

PXL_20210727_155833311.jpg

prep proraso red on face and head
persona red in yaqi knight head for face shave,gillette sensor 3 disposable head shave both on 3rd shave will be trashed for new blades onthe next shave.
soap black ship grooming cpt scurvy on face ,cella for head
rating 10 lesson learned slow and easy around the adams apple:laugh: no hair to shave there
after shave speick no burn when applied other than the nicked spot on neck

View attachment 1302770

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
Soap: Stirling Eucalyptus Mint
Aftershave: Proraso Green

Good morning! A fine shave indeed. Face lathered Eucalyptus Mint. The Stirling badger keeps getting better. Wizamet blade was nice and smooth on its first outing. No nicks or weepers. BBS. Finished with HA and Proraso Green.

10/10
That is a great brush that punches WAY above it’s weight class. That’s why I call mine Buster Douglas. It knocked me out with how good it is.

Razor: GEM MicroMatic Open Comb MMOC
Blade: Gem PTFE
Brush: B&B Group Buy Shavemac Finest Badger
Soap: VITOS Extra Super
Lather: Bowl/Face combo
Aftershave: Stirling Bergamot Lavender

The Shave: WTG/XTG/ATG passes for a great BBS shave. My B&B Shavemac Finest Badger made tremendous lather with the VITOS. I really like VITOS, but the bowl/face lathering combo really was spectacular today. I’m going to have to remember that for future shaves.
I’ve almost completed July using MMOCs only (3 non MMOC shaves) and it has really got me in tune with the MMOC. I love the irritation free close shaves it provides.
Finished with Stirling Bergamot Lavender. Superb all around! 10/10.
B0717178-95F5-4272-BDC6-C349A48A8116.jpeg
E196CB75-E2B7-4EAD-A6F8-AC94CA69950E.jpeg
431F6002-E628-4501-BA1A-7958E49FC637.jpeg

20210726_082709.jpg

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented