What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

I'm not big on preshave oils, but it's cool that @Slock shared his formula! Hope others try it and report in.
Man @ouchyfoot that Pall Mall set is really giving you a run for your money! I admire your persistence.

tempImageKsYx9R.jpg

Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: Stirling Island Man
Blade: Schick Proline (5) -- had some trouble aligning this blade previously, but it set up nicely today and it worked well
Razor: Blackland Vector SB
Balm: Duke Cannon Ice Cold -- no alcohol based splash again today

Another nice, soothing, comfortable shave with cold water. I had a weeper on my neck, maybe from a blemish. DFS results. My skin is looking calmer again after having generated some irritation a few days ago.

Rating: 8.9/10.

Prep : Warm Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Mühle R41 (2013)
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Black Indian (D4)
Brush: Custom Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Temptation Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + Old Spice Original AS Lotion
Rating : 9.84/10 :pipe:

Close and buttery smooth BBS in 3 passes ! :001_wub:

Wed 28 SR SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soap Pineapple & Banana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77 3rd Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HL + TGS Abysso
Soap qualities are good. Good strength, sweet, creamy, and slick...
3rd shave with this razor on a jnat edge was surprisingly better than the previous 2. Took a week's break from SR and somehow it felt better today. 3passes with extra under the jawline & neck gave me a dfs to ccs result which is the best so far from this edge. No weepers nor irritation...yay! Aftershaves were excellent. Rating 9.5/10!
20210727_202319.jpg
20210728_112108.jpg

Soap/Cream: Tabac soap (glass jar).
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Voskhod (2nd)
AS: cold rinse; Tabac AS.
Hot shower: body soap 'Lui' by La Maison du Savon de Marseille.

Two passes (WTG/ATG), excellent shave, full BBS. No red dots and hardly any irritation left in the neck.

10/10 for me

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- D.R. Harris Arlington (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Tools
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile
- Shark Super Chrome (3)
- Zenith 80B Boar

Fragrance for the day
- Floris Santal

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
Back to trying this combination after travelling last week with a more familiar combination. The blade felt just as smooth as the first two shave but a bit sharper today and gave a nice close shave. It could probably still be a bit sharper but I could quite easily shave with this combination again.
First shave with the Arlington sample cream, performance is the same solid performance you get from other D.R. Harris creams and the scent is a very nice citrus and fern scent. I bought a sample to see if I liked the scent before I bought soap and/or stick version. Probably going to get both!
Overall a pleasant, irritation free shave with no alum feedback.

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 SS,Knurled
Blade: Feather (5)
Brush: Cremo Horse, 25mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Lather: Petal Pushers Fancies Neroli Shaving Soap

Aubrey Spice Island After Shave Splash

A close, clean and comfortable Shave. I only did one pass this morning because of time constraints but it was a good pass.
When I started Shaving disposable razors were not on the market. I know I had a TTO Gillette and probably Gillette blades.I didn't think about more than that. And the Blade was good for 3 or 4 days of single passes. Blades have gotten a lot better.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: Merkur HD 34C
Blade: Gillette 7O’Clock SharpEdge (5)
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: cold water rinse

No Irritation: 5
No cuts or nicks: 5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Score: 10/10

Very good shave. Blade is ready for recycling.

If your BAD is active and you stick to Omega Boars you can have a great big brush collection without spending too much.
Also, I’m a bad person…if you do not have the Connaught Premium Jade Boar (made by Omega) it’s incredible for about $30.
See, I told you I was BAD!
I already have a nice collection of boar brushes. I would guess half Omega and half Semogue. But there is always room for another!!!

F509F7EA-66C6-4570-ABA4-F44A99A7FF71.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Omega Jade
Soap: Stirling Spice
Aftershave: Old Spice

Good morning! Wow, what a great shave. Face lathered Stirling with the Omega boar. I can tell I’m going to love this brush once it’s broken in. Went for a thinner, slicker lather today and was very pleased with that decision. The Wizamet / Lupo combo was very smooth and incredibly close. One of those extra special shaves. BBS
Finished with vintage Old Spice.

10/10

28 July 2021
20210728_061945.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor:
WCS 84S Break-in shave
Soap:
Razorock Saturnia --Italy Until I use it up (tap water)
Brushes:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Astra SP Shave #1
Passes:
WTG and ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, f/b Witch Hazel f/b Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Jeris Musk for Men
Rating(s):
9.0 DFS
Comments:
Minimal stubble, 3 nicks, no weepers. 1st shave with the new WCS 84S. Need to re-adapt to the heft of this razor on chin, and upper cheek. Also, a friend suggested putting Petroleum Jelly on the head's threads to reduce wear and tear.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla scent (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Goodfellas' Smile Sea Citrus
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite tuxedo synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger face tonic
AS: PAA Fresco splash

Another outstanding shave. No blood or injuries, DFS/BBS. Gillette Silver Blue still going strong on shave three. Two days of growth...gone. I haven't used a Goodfellas' Smile soap in a while...I've been trying new soaps and creams. This lathered very well and painted on beautifully. I quickly remembered why I like their soaps.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20210728.jpg

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GFT Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Vintage Hoffritz Badger
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Using the Wolfman on Wolfman Wednesday. It is loaded with a Personna Lab for the third shave. The brush is my oldest and smallest one: a Hoffritz I bought many years ago. A great shave. I topped off with some TOBS fragrance. Have a great day, B&Bers.

Top Bottom