What's new

What did you hone today?

Refinished this lovely Bengall on my newly delivered vintage Purple Llynn Melynllyn
proxy.php

This stone looks very similar to the modern ebay Welsh Purple Slates and is presumably from the same source but 120+ years old.

100 laps with oil gave a really nice edge, very keen but soft and effervescent.
It feels like shaving with newly fallen snow.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Checking out a large piece of hard, fine blue-grey asagi from Alex. Very nice edge and shave this morning, not short on sharp yet still smooth. I've been playing around with tomos and enjoying HHT 4-5 results.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $IMG_2118.jpg
    $IMG_2118.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 114
Really working hard on getting this Ark squared away and fully "Lunatic Edge" Razor Ready so I have been running blade after blade over it now that I have it fully lapped and flat. These four are showing great promise as great shavers thus far so I shall use one tonight and see how it turns out:laugh:

$20150814_190029-1.jpg

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
5/8 ERN. Bevel set on chosera 1k. 50 ish x strokes on a Nuba 5 and water only laps on a pike coticule.

Challenge Cutlery, shapton 500 to kill some pits, 1k, 6k, hard coti slurry to water, streaked vermont black slate medium slurry to very light slurry, followed by passes on a mix of glycerin and water.

attachment.php

David

Same ERN as yesterday. Back to the Chosera 1k, Nuba 5, Dilutions on a Tsushima Black, Wakasa Kiita with Tomo slurry.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 53

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Twas yesterday, but that should still count, yes? My bluesman 7 custom refreshed on a Norton 4/8k and then finished on a Dan's Ultra hard black Arkie.
proxy.php

The brush and soap were for today's shave. :blush:

Same Gebr & Krusius 5/8 Gouverneur 65 as yesterday with a few adjustments to hopefully get a smoother shave with less irritation then yesterday. I finished on the 12K Yesterday and got a bit of irritation even after stropping so hopefully adding the Arks will curb that to a nice smooth comfortable shave. If not, perhaps when my 1k/6k King gets here tomorrow I will throw that into the mix and maybe come out with better results.

Freshly Lapped 1200 Naniwa x 45 Bottom Right
12K Guangxi Stone x 100 Middle Right
Hard Ark with Smith's Honing Oil x 200 Left
Hard Black Ark with Smith's Honing Oil x 350...ish Top Right

$20150816_160341-1.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Nice looking Mk 31 indeed.

Playing around with matching tomos to a new stone with one of the "test herd". So far the small one on the right wins.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $IMG_2125.jpg
    $IMG_2125.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 119

David

5/8 Solingen. Bevel set on Chosera 1k. Nuba 5, Snow White and water only laps on a Coticule. The bevel looks killer. Can't wait to shave with this one

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 116

David

The Nuba 5K is very underrated IMO, nice progression.
I haven't had it long but so far I really like it. Going from 1k Chosera to 5k Nuba is quick and easy. It leaves a very nice uniform scratch pattern and I like the feedback. I agree, it's a sleeper stone.

David

Finished an ERN on a natural stone from Saudi Arabia

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 95
Top Bottom