What's new

What did you hone today?

I honed my CVH No.6 on a vintage 125x60 and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Noel

$IMG_2667.jpg

$IMG_20141224_120740870.jpg$IMG_20141224_120752560.jpg
Started honing these 5 great specimen, but then realized I would need to get the dremel out to reshape the heel on Terma, and that I would need to get the wedge back on the dmt get the bevel correctly towards the last 3/8 of the toe. I only did the other 3. All finished on lapping film, I'll play with the ozuku next time when I'm in less of a rush.

View attachment 533516View attachment 533518
Started honing these 5 great specimen, but then realized I would need to get the dremel out to reshape the heel on Terma, and that I would need to get the wedge back on the dmt get the bevel correctly towards the last 3/8 of the toe. I only did the other 3. All finished on lapping film, I'll play with the ozuku next time when I'm in less of a rush.

Beautiful specimens: Congratulations

Honed a gold dollar for a test.used a taidea 10k corundum stone to finish out on.hmmm :)

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1419798407087.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1419798407087.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 139
two kitchen knives for my mother - one chef knive that she occasionally steeled and a paring knife that was never honed in 20+ years of frequent use.

Both needed quite some amount of steel removed, but they came out fine :=)

b r,
T°M

My parents came over from France for Christmas and muled for me a few razors. One of them was this Le Grelot #76 ("La perle des orients").
I honed it on a synthetic progression: DMT 600, King 1K for bevel, followed by Norton 4K, Norton 8K, King 6K, Shapton 12K, Shapton 16K.
For the finish, I tried 2 new agates I found today in a shop downtown Santa Cruz.
Both stones did not do much after the shapton 16K. So I used first the orange agate and then tried again.
It looks like the pink is a bit thinner than the orange. About same as the brown one. The purple however was even thinner.
The lines it left are similar to the ones the linen side of my strop does.
$Honed.jpg

Top Bottom