What's new

What DE razor is the most "musical" for you?

So turn down that radio and make sure the faucet isn't running. Now that it is nice and quiet as you shave you can literally hear each whisker being cut. That, IMHO is an eminently satisfying sound! But what razors give you the most satisfying audio feedback as you shave? My late 40's Aristocrat with a Chroma blade has been at or near the best in this department for me. What about for you?

My most musical is a late '60's Super Speed with the low profile head. It seems to amplify the sound of the blade cutting through the whiskers. It actually startled me when I first heard it.

Len

That goofy little bugger with the flip out handles that I tried last night was pretty loud, but before I call it 'musical' I think I should at least enjoy it. :tongue:

So turn down that radio and make sure the faucet isn't running. Now that it is nice and quiet as you shave you can literally hear each whisker being cut. That, IMHO is an eminently satisfying sound! But what razors give you the most satisfying audio feedback as you shave? My late 40's Aristocrat with a Chroma blade has been at or near the best in this department for me. What about for you?

My progress.

My Star razor has a great sound to it! The first time I had shaved with it really surprised me. Its a great razor too!

Among my DEs, my Merkur Slant sings the most. But, hands down, the GEM SEs sing loudest of all, especially the 1912.

My 5/8 full hollow straight sings the loudest of my razors, but like all the GEMs mentioned, it doesn't belong on this thread, which is titled "What DE razor is the most "musical" for you?"

My 5/8 full hollow straight sings the loudest of my razors, but like all the GEMs mentioned, it doesn't belong on this thread, which is titled "What DE razor is the most "musical" for you?"

Ha! I was about to say that.

The OP is asking about Double Edge Razors.

Top Bottom