What's new

What camera and photo gear do you use?

Primary camera - Nikon D300s, with a couple bags of lenses, 10.5 thru 400mm.
Walk about camera - Canon G9
Wife's camera - Nikon J1, with a bag of lenses 10 thru 400mm

A77
Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
Tamron 70-300mm SP USD
Sigma 105mm F2.8 macro
Sony 50mm f1.8
A trio of flashguns

Considering moving to full frame E mount, A7ii when funds allow.

Just upgraded from a Canon 40D to a 70D. While it doesnt feel as solidly built at the 40D its still nice and takes great photos.
Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro
Canon 28-135-IS
Canon 50mm 1.8
Tokina 11-16mm 2.8
Tamron 17-55 2.8
Canon 40mm 2.8 Pancake.

I responded to this thread years ago so I guess that it is ok to update...

Nikon;
D700
F5
F3
+ more glass than any one sane person could possibly need

Hasselblad;
500C + 2 A12 film backs
CZ 80/2.8 Planar
CZ 150/4 Sonnar
CZ 50/4 Distagon

Canon 6d and lenses and what not

Minolta srt-101

Pentax 6x7 which has become my favorite.

Looking for a x-pan possibly unless those funds go to a bullet shooter instead of a film shooter.

Digital: DMC L-1 with Leica Elmarit 14-50 zoom lens. I like this camera because it is designed like an old range finder camera. It takes great pictures and is easy to use.

Film: Leica 1f with a Summaron F3.5, 35mm lens and a Rolleiflex 3.5F. The 1f is fun to use and people ask me about it. It also works good for street photography as it is small and silent. The Rollei also gets a lot of attention, with excellent results.

proxy.php

Plus a couple different bags, tripods, monopods, light modifiers, filters..etc. And the lil rebel has a battery grip now.

I decided to retire my point-n-shoot Panasonic Lumix this fall for this lovely creature:
$IMG_3162.jpg
I've had to do a lot of learning to even begin to use it properly, but I love the results so far. Now it's time to collect some lenses!

I decided to retire my point-n-shoot Panasonic Lumix this fall for this lovely creature:
View attachment 626742
I've had to do a lot of learning to even begin to use it properly, but I love the results so far. Now it's time to collect some lenses!
I just wanted to say Hi fellow Pentax K50 user. Good choice in camera. I bought mine at a fire sale discount because no one wanted this color and it actually help make my portrait subjects more quickly relaxed for the photo shoot.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 95
View attachment 626846$image.jpg
Hi, I mainly use 35 mm cameras and I dabble some in medium
format and large format cameras too. My photographic passion is mainly street photography therefore I really prefer smaller and lighter cameras for ease of carrying around on the streets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom