What's new

What camera and photo gear do you use?

Saving up for a set of Cine lenses for video work.

I buy infrequently enough to forget just how expensive this interest is lol

I have many cameras and lenses... Mostly a Canon guy here.
The gear I mostly use:

Canon 6D with lenses:
EF 70-300 DO f/4.5
EF 28-105 mkII f/3.5
Sigma 8-16mm

I found above kit a bit heavy/bulky to lug on vacations, so for luggage weight sake (and extra space for wife's clothes) I got a PowerShot G7x mkII. Gets the job done.

Previous cameras, less often used these days:
400D which I use mostly with a Sigma EF-S wide angle lens
350D modified for infrared photo, hot mirror filter removed. Mostly with another 28-105 lens, and of course bandpass filters.
First digital camera I owned, a Pentax Optio 330GS circa 2001, 3Mpix, currently used by my daughter

Canon EOS Elan 7NE, last film camera, haven't used for years but still in top condition if I ever want to go back to film. Still pissed at Canon for ditching the eye-controlled focusing system after this model.

A number of lenses (mostly prime) in M42 mount modified with adapters for use on EF mount. The ones I use the most are a Helios 58mm f/2 and a Pentacon Auto 200mm f/4.

Main camera since I divested my Leica stuff is this OM-2SP with a series 2 screen. This camera actually went to Antartica when my Grandfather used it in his Navy days.

My most uses lenses are the two F2 macros pictured here:

proxy.php

I also shoot an F3 sometimes for a change of pace
proxy.php

My favorite camera I've ever owned was my M2 that I used with a Dual Range Summicron.

The best when it was released, still the best in 2019 IMO, but with film production being what it is I felt compelled to sell all my RF stuff. Made a ton on it too.

Oh well.

Main camera since I divested my Leica stuff is this OM-2SP with a series 2 screen. This camera actually went to Antartica when my Grandfather used it in his Navy days.

My most uses lenses are the two F2 macros pictured here:

proxy.php

I also shoot an F3 sometimes for a change of pace
proxy.php

My favorite camera I've ever owned was my M2 that I used with a Dual Range Summicron.

The best when it was released, still the best in 2019 IMO, but with film production being what it is I felt compelled to sell all my RF stuff. Made a ton on it too.

Oh well.
Nice f3! Been wanting one for a while.

I had an f5 that I loved. I’m pretty sure I posted a picture of it here somewhere.

Currently I shoot with a d750

B4FF8AA8-4739-4C69-866B-2D6D06360FF6.jpeg

Haven't been taking a lot of photos lately, but I've got a pretty basic set-up that does me just fine.

Canon Rebel T3 body
24-105mm F4 L
100mm Macro
50mm F1.8

Top Bottom