What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

Boris:
I know you and buddies will have a great conversation piece & talking point and a bit of fun when you share your Culebras! :thumbsup:

Enjoy your smokes Dude!
proxy.php
“To Smoke is Human; To Smoke Cigars is Divine”. Anonymous

you know way back when I first started smoking cigars, the first time I saw someone smoking a culebra, I was like "did that guy sit on his cigar?" little did i know they were meant to be that way. They are a great conversation cigar, and I've heard really good stuff with this partagas one. I'm not sure this is 100% true, but I've been told the story behind culebras was they were originally used to give to the rollers who were making the cigars. since the rollers were allotted to X amount of cigars for free, they used culebras as a way to differentiate which was part of their allotment and not stolen off the factory floor.

Nice haul as usual. Culebras are certainly intriguing - and I hear very good things about the RyJ Wide Churchills. You and The Count are going big with box purchases!

When you know you love something thats a bit more difficult to get your hands on, boxes prove to be the wiser choice. It's probably one of the reasons why I also get some of the liga privada stuff in boxes.

Shavious:
Thanx for the 'shout-out', support and for sharing! :thumbsup:

I'm honored to be so well spoken of
proxy.php
...don't want the Mrs. to overhear you...'mums the word' OK?.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Smoking cigars is like falling in love. First, you are attracted by its shape; you stay for its flavor, and you must always remember never to let the flame go out”! Sir Winston S. Churchill

Definately mums the word overhear too! I've already re-organized the wineador to stuff them into all quick and sneaky like, but after these purchases I'm maxed out of space lolz

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Waiting on 100g of Frog Morton, 8 oz of Esoterica And So To Bed, and a leather pipe stand from pipesandcigars. As usual, UPSs tracking is wrong- should have come today. I LOATHE UPS.

When you know you love something thats a bit more difficult to get your hands on, boxes prove to be the wiser choice. It's probably one of the reasons why I also get some of the liga privada stuff in boxes.

Definately mums the word overhear too! I've already re-organized the wineador to stuff them into all quick and sneaky like, but after these purchases I'm maxed out of space lolz

I hear ya. I've really only got space to store maybe two and a half boxes, assuming there's nothing else in the humidor (which we all know won't happen)- but that's a fair point. Based on my experience with the No 9 you sent me, I could see buying a box of Ligas in my future.

In regards to you running out of space, well... I'll gladly keep any overflow in my humidor ;)

I hear ya. I've really only got space to store maybe two and a half boxes, assuming there's nothing else in the humidor (which we all know won't happen)- but that's a fair point. Based on my experience with the No 9 you sent me, I could see buying a box of Ligas in my future.

In regards to you running out of space, well... I'll gladly keep any overflow in my humidor ;)

Well as far as running out of space goes, I think I will eventually get one of these in the next 3ish years http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/

I stumbled across an eBay lighter lot that was completely devoid of useful description (i.e. no brand or model names) in both the title and description. It contained two Xikar Element torches (one Brushed/Black, one Brushed/Chrome), a Xikar Xi 007 punch, and a couple of random single torches. It had an opening bid of $15 and no bidders... I scored the lot for $25 shipped after contacting the seller and asking him to add a BUY-IT-NOW. It shipped today and, coming from only 20 miles away, should arrive fairly quickly. I'm hoping I can sell the Brushed/Chrome Element here or at Cigar Asylum for enough to break even on the rest!

$hdcp.jpg

[FONT=&quot]5 pack of Oliveros Black Knight Mace (box-press) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6-5 Vegas Gold Maduro Sesenta [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bugatti B-1 Torch Lighter - Gun Metal [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Black-Ops 4-Cigar Travel Humidor - Black [/FONT]

All from Cigarbid.com Sent out today!

My wife would be filing divorce papers the second I moved that thing in and told her it was for cigars. Haha

Would she buy it if u told her it was a china cabinet for all her new pretty dishes that ur just shoving a few boxes of cigars in for the mean time till you find a better place for them?

Moved in??? I thought he was talking about the custom walk in offering at the bottom of the page...

lol maybe if I was opening up a cigar lounge!!! I would love to have a walk-in at home eventually, but we shall see if it ever gets there lolz.

Just received my vintage Savinelli Deluxe Milano 614 pipe I won on eBay from a gentleman in Germany
$SAVINELLI 614 DELUXE PIPE-1.jpg$SAVINELLI 614 DELUXE PIPE-5.jpg$SAVINELLI 614 DELUXE PIPE-10.jpg$SAVINELLI 614 DELUXE PIPE-8.jpg$SAVINELLI 614 DELUXE PIPE-11.jpg
I love this type of briar.
Full bent briar pipes are simply the best to me.
They are very hard to come by here though, most tobacconists have quarter and half bent Billiards and Apples and every now and then a three quarter bent Rhodesian. So running into this pipe, even though it was all the way in Germany is a welcome sight for me, and a treat to finally have this wonderfully perfect pipe in hand at last.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
you know way back when I first started smoking cigars, the first time I saw someone smoking a culebra, I was like "did that guy sit on his cigar?" little did i know they were meant to be that way. They are a great conversation cigar, and I've heard really good stuff with this partagas one. I'm not sure this is 100% true, but I've been told the story behind culebras was they were originally used to give to the rollers who were making the cigars. since the rollers were allotted to X amount of cigars for free, they used culebras as a way to differentiate which was part of their allotment and not stolen off the factory floor.

Definitely mums the word overhear too!
Boris:
proxy.php
about the origins of the Culebras cigars!

The last time I smoke a Culebras (that I'd kept in my humidor since 09), and enjoyed with two (2) other close friends was on New Years Eve 2010. :thumbsup:

BTW, I just ordered a box of three (3) Culebras (hope I receive a odler Box Code), that I'm going to 'age' for one (1) yr per Culebras (Spanish for snake), with the last
being aged for three (3) yrs (and only enjoyed on News Year Eve 13-15). :drool:

proxy.php
"Gentlemen, you may smoke." King Edward VII of England

Last edited:
I just received my pipe tamper in the mail :001_smile
$IMG_6138.jpg$IMG_6142.jpg$IMG_6147.jpg$IMG_6149.jpg
Its a beautiful tamper I had custom made by Aaron Strange on Etsy.com
I've always loved cocobolo, and this beautiful tamper is an excellent example of the wood :thumbup1:
It even came with a velvet pouch to keep the tamper in.
It's a substantial 5.25" long, more than long enough to comfortably use in my Missouri Meerschaum MacArthur.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I just received my pipe tamper in the mail :001_smile
View attachment 355881
Its a beautiful tamper I had custom made by Aaron Strange on Etsy.com
I've always loved cocobolo, and this beautiful tamper is an excellent example of the wood :thumbup1:
It even came with a velvet pouch to keep the tamper in.
It's a substantial 5.25" long, more than long enough to comfortably use in my Missouri Meerschaum MacArthur.

I thought that looked like one of Blade Boys creations- he does good work.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Now, I'm waiting on (
proxy.php
"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting". Andy Warhol), a Vintage German Porcelain Cigar Ashtray w/ matchstick motive "Ash". :drool:
The diameter of this tray is 44⅞in.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories". Walter Benjamin

Top Bottom