What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Ordered some necessities. The first of a few orders dominated by supplies to maintain my pipes. I like the horseshoe pipe nails a lot...
Screenshot_20201101-170441_kindlephoto-237941317.png

Ordered some necessities. The first of a few orders dominated by supplies to maintain my pipes. I like the horseshoe pipe nails a lot...
I kind of did the same thing with items scattered between suppliers. I ended up with an 8deco Legend rosewood tamper, Softy-bits, Halcyon II, Lucienne pipe spray, IM Corona flints, and probably the stuff I forgot.

My Sutliff order has been delivered to my P.O. Box. Now I just need to make a trip to the Post Office. 4.25 pounds of tobacco goodness is sitting there.
On another note: this little jewel should be delivered by Tuesday, Nov 3. An Abe Herbaugh creation. My first of his. Bought it from a fellow on another forum and felt fortunate to get it. I'm calling it my "Pending Retirement Gift to Myself", at least if anyone who matters asks about it.
proxy.php

proxy.php
I've picked up the tobacco and it is waiting to be processed into smoking jars and mylar bags.
The Abe Herbaugh pipe was delivered today, it is better looking in hand than in the pictures. The fit & finish is as close to perfect as is possible and when the seller said it was lightly smoked, he wasn't kidding; it could pass for unsmoked. The seller said he was including a little bit more in the box. Imagine my surprise to find two tins of vintage McClelland and a booklet of great theology.
I am a lucky guy!

I'm not sure when I'm going to do a first, for me, smoke, I will likely wait until I have some more taste/smell sense back.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I've picked up the tobacco and it is waiting to be processed into smoking jars and mylar bags.
The Abe Herbaugh pipe was delivered today, it is better looking in hand than in the pictures. The fit & finish is as close to perfect as is possible and when the seller said it was lightly smoked, he wasn't kidding; it could pass for unsmoked. The seller said he was including a little bit more in the box. Imagine my surprise to find two tins of vintage McClelland and a booklet of great theology.
I am a lucky guy!

I'm not sure when I'm going to do a first, for me, smoke, I will likely wait until I have some more taste/smell sense back.

Pipe smokers in general seem to be generous folk. And it doesn’t hurt when they are old timers with deeeep cellars :).

I'm waiting on a couple of orders:
L.J. Peretti - 2020 Thanksgiving Day Cake and the Non-Aromatic Burley Sampler
Watch City Cigar & Pipe - Rouxgaroux and Persian Slipper

I think that's it. It is a bad sign when you've lost track of your recent tobacco orders!

I’d probably go with only bringing emergency rations and bank on the unknown. You could probably come across some fine leaf if you figure you are going to have time for that sort of adventure. Using only your emergency leaf as a last measure. How are you going to keep yourself out of the shops anyway. That is at least half the fun. Of course, if being in areas scarce with leaf is anticipitated another approach would be necessary. I like the “fly by the seat of my pants approach” myself. Your stash at home will age nicely.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
The enabling on this site has gotten out of hand. I went to SP to order some tobacco, and I was browsing the pipes, as one does. The Peterson 01 shape caught my eye, and I was trying to decide between three different models, naturally increasing in price and desirability. I thought about asking you guys for your opinion, but then I thought about what you would say (get all three!). Getting more than one was out of the question, so I went with the most expensive one. And they're doing a promotion where you get a tin of C&D Wintertime Reserve with each Pete. Eight different blends. Naturally I had a hard time deciding, so... I bought another pipe. Anyway, what should've been a $50-60 order ended up being a $370 order.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The enabling on this site has gotten out of hand. I went to SP to order some tobacco, and I was browsing the pipes, as one does. The Peterson 01 shape caught my eye, and I was trying to decide between three different models, naturally increasing in price and desirability. I thought about asking you guys for your opinion, but then I thought about what you would say (get all three!). Getting more than one was out of the question, so I went with the most expensive one. And they're doing a promotion where you get a tin of C&D Wintertime Reserve with each Pete. Eight different blends. Naturally I had a hard time deciding, so... I bought another pipe. Anyway, what should've been a $50-60 order ended up being a $370 order.

Wow! Enabled without enabling! There is a Zen saying in there somewhere!

Top Bottom