What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'd try this first...

If the break is really clean and it goes back together with only a hairline wood glue may work too.

... and if it doesn't work, I'd try this...

That looks really nice! I'd recommend epoxy on the lid...it should do the trick.

... but I'd drill a small hole in both broken sections of dowel first, and I'd epoxy a small screw with the head cut off between the two holes. Epoxy in the lid hole, drop the screw in so it's sticking up proud then epoxy in the knob hole, and blob that on top. Be sure to check the screw is the right length for the two holes before mixing the epoxy.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I was all excited as my pipe stand arrived in the mail today.

But upon opening the box and unpacking it. I noticed the knob broke off the lid. 😥

Anyone have any repair advice that would still keep it looking somewhat original?

View attachment 1166400View attachment 1166401View attachment 1166402
Beautiful pipe rack there. I was a cabinet maker for a few years “back in the day” and I can testify to the yellow wood glue suggestion. That stuff absolutely works. It is a good idea to clamp it to get good contact. It sets in about six minutes but once clamped, leave it for a couple of hours. Also wipe of what has squeezed out with a wet cloth or paper towel after clamping.

Beautiful pipe rack there. I was a cabinet maker for a few years “back in the day” and I can testify to the yellow wood glue suggestion. That stuff absolutely works. It is a good idea to clamp it to get good contact. It sets in about six minutes but once clamped, leave it for a couple of hours. Also wipe of what has squeezed out with a wet cloth or paper towel after clamping.
Steve mentioned the parts I left out. That clamping down can be almost anything that'll hold it in place. I've used blue painter's tape before. And please wipe up any excess glue.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Recently got word that I'll soon have a period of extended travel in the near future and tobacco will be a necessity. This on top of the mountain I already have...
Screenshot_20201015-181920.png

Screenshot_20201015-181932_kindlephoto-60850051.png

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Today, I 'pulled the trigger' and am waiting on a brand new 1998 (22yrs old), Zippo Cigar Aficionado Zippo lighter in original tin, with instructions and UPC code (silver finish with the CA plaque and tobacco leaves ‘engraved’ [oh yeah Baby!]), to the front.
proxy.php

1602896597157.jpeg

After postal receipt...I'll replace the standard Zippo liquid gas insert with a Thunderbird - Butane, blue torch, clear bottom tank Insert.

Also, I'll get it engraved with my initials on the front & my birth date and the quote...To Smoke is Human; To Smoke Cigars is Divine on the back! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories". Walter Benjamin

Last edited:
Took advantage of the Sutliff sale at Smokingpipes.com to stock up on some blending tobaccos plus a few other "needs". 4.25 pounds total. So much for the "I've enough tobacco to last the foreseeable future" talk I had with myself. The conversation has turned to, "you are retiring at the end of the year, your tobacco funds will dry up, buy now!"

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Took advantage of the Sutliff sale at Smokingpipes.com to stock up on some blending tobaccos plus a few other "needs". 4.25 pounds total. So much for the "I've enough tobacco to last the foreseeable future" talk I had with myself. The conversation has turned to, "you are retiring at the end of the year, your tobacco funds will dry up, buy now!"
I was able to resist this latest temptation...but not without some effort.

Top Bottom