What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

I have a pound of Watch City Blue Ridge Special on order as of this morning. It is a wonderful Scottish blend, Red Virginias and a specially processed Cyprian Latakia that, according to JimInks, " The unique processing of the Latakia results in a light spicy, herbal, floral Oriental-like presence that well compliments the previously noted aspects of that varietal. " It is one of those blends that shows up a few times a year and sells out in a few days/weeks.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Well, my order was supposed to arrive tomorrow, but tracking shows it as delayed. That's disappointing under normal circumstances, but more so when it was so expensive.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Right now, I'm waiting on a vintage folk art Cigar Roller (who I will call Pedro), from Cuba. Although used...the desk has a broken (clean break), leg which can be glued back together and the loose cigars on the desk can also be re-gluded (yeah baby!!).
proxy.php

Pedro the Cigar Roller.jpg
Pedro the Cigar Roller -1.jpg
Pedro the Cigar Roller -3.jpg
Pedro the Cigar Roller -1.jpg

I'll place him on our book shelve next to my large Havana cigar cart/bike
. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
["A cigar roller] is like a aspirin...only he works twice as fast". Grouch Marx

I bought 3 pipes from that offer. There were some good buys to be found:

- Rattray’s Devil’s Cut Reverse Calabash; Terracotta
View attachment 1189163
- Chacom Reverse Calabash; Rustic
View attachment 1189164
- Peterson Standard System B42 Plip; Ebony
View attachment 1189165
Let us know when you get the Chacom in and please post your thoughts of the reverse calabash system. I’ve got the black sandblasted in a few carts. Waiting to hear more thoughts about it. Cool little pipe regardless.

Stumbled over and loaded up on several coveted tins of some this Mac Baren HH “Rustica” flake. I was fortunate enough to use a decent sized discount coupon and then that was followed with a $20.00 gift card to use on a future purchase to boot. Found a lot of nice deals...

C8BE4BA5-43EE-4905-824E-25F10D4F27E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Oliva makes the best cigars period. Everything they touch is gold. Hope you like your melanios.
I’m working my way up to them. I’ve had one cigar that was too spicy and very strong with the nicotine kick. I’ve found some of the shade cigars to be boring and unflavorful... I’m really trying find my preferences for taste that have the coffee, chocolate, leather and even earthy tastes with minimal spice/pepper. I think I’m going to land in a medium to medium plus range (if I have my terminology correct). The Olivas for some reason have me anxious to try. I’ve got an MB3 toro, and these serie V melanios. I was going to let them rest during these cold winter months.

I’m working my way up to them. I’ve had one cigar that was too spicy and very strong with the nicotine kick. I’ve found some of the shade cigars to be boring and unflavorful... I’m really trying find my preferences for taste that have the coffee, chocolate, leather and even earthy tastes with minimal spice/pepper. I think I’m going to land in a medium to medium plus range (if I have my terminology correct). The Olivas for some reason have me anxious to try. I’ve got an MB3 toro, and these serie V melanios. I was going to let them rest during these cold winter months.
Good luck in your quest and may the journey be flavorful.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Right now, I'm waiting on a vintage folk art Cigar Roller (who I will call Pedro), from Cuba. Although used...the desk has a broken (clean break), leg which can be glued back together and the loose cigars on the desk can also be re-gluded (yeah baby!!).
proxy.php

View attachment 1188175View attachment 1188176View attachment 1188177View attachment 1188178

I'll place him on our book shelve next to my large Havana cigar cart/bike
. :thumbsup:
Update.png
:
Pedro (who's face is porcelain...a rare find indeed...been looking for many years), is now at home w/ me! :thumbsup:

I added some chopped Cuban leaf on his table, (loved the detail...from his rolling board [with silver tint rollers blade (or 'chaveta') and rolled cigar] tobacco molds, rolled cigar), a Cuban cigar band attached to the front of his table and 'whited' the ash on his cigar with liquid correction fluid for added effect.
proxy.php

Pedro.jpg
Pedro -1 (2).jpg
Pedro -2.jpg
Pedro -3.jpg
Pedro -4.jpg

BTW, the Seller sent me this note today, "This figureine came from an estate in Gates Mills, Ohio that belonged to a gentleman who owned a sugar plantation in Cuba. His son is now the Chief CNN correspondent for the country...just a
little background".
Wow.jpg

proxy.php
“[Rolling a cigar is] like a bee hovering over a bloom. [Like] a butterfly pausing on a petal before taking the nectar”. Martin Booth

Last edited:
Top Bottom