What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
In addition to the Meer I also have a few other goodies inbound.
20200721_174221.jpg

A German Clay coming with the Meer and a pound of Haunted Bookshop
20200721_174202.jpg

Another German Clay as well as some influence from @steveclarkus rubbing off!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
In addition to the Meer I also have a few other goodies inbound.
View attachment 1128701
A German Clay coming with the Meer and a pound of Haunted Bookshop
View attachment 1128702
Another German Clay as well as some influence from @steveclarkus rubbing off!
Nice haul. Good you got the Velvet to offset that Five Brothers. RookieGuy is right about the Revelation. It’s quite a well done blend. I consider Revelation, Walnut and Holiday Mixture to be in the same family and a happy little family at that. Each is a bit different but pleasant American/English non aromatic blends. Everyone should be required to take the Five Brothers “trip” 😂.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I put in a large snuff order last night (I know :lol: ) but there were so many things I wanted to try and the shipping increase motivated me to get it done.
I watched a video review of snuff by a Brit last night and he was very impressed with Gawith Arabica or something like that. It is a moist medium grind that smells like just opened coffee. May have coffee in it. That will be in my next order.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
That Revelation Match is good stuff! If you haven't already had any, you're in for a treat! It's one of those catagory defying blends, drive your tongue nuts trying to figure it out, but in a good way.
I’m having a bowl of Walnut at the moment. Similar in some ways. I believe Walnut has every tobacco known to man in it. I’m amazed how anyone was able to accomplish that blend. Walnut and Holiday mixture are similar in many ways. I enjoy all three. Happy to find another lover of Revelation. Give the other two a shot when you get a chance.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I’m having a bowl of Walnut at the moment. Similar in some ways. I believe Walnut has every tobacco known to man in it. I’m amazed how anyone was able to accomplish that blend. Walnut and Holiday mixture are similar in many ways. I enjoy all three. Happy to find another lover of Revelation. Give the other two a shot when you get a chance.

I love Revelation, so was eager to try Walnut. I couldnt even get through one bowl of Walnut. Not for me. To each their own.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
That Revelation Match is good stuff! If you haven't already had any, you're in for a treat! It's one of those catagory defying blends, drive your tongue nuts trying to figure it out, but in a good way.
I believe it falls into the “American/English” category.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Nice haul. Good you got the Velvet to offset that Five Brothers. RookieGuy is right about the Revelation. It’s quite a well done blend. I consider Revelation, Walnut and Holiday Mixture to be in the same family and a happy little family at that. Each is a bit different but pleasant American/English non aromatic blends. Everyone should be required to take the Five Brothers “trip” 😂.
Uh oh...now I'm nervous about five brothers...I don't know what I've gotten myself into.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Uh oh...now I'm nervous about five brothers...I don't know what I've gotten myself into.

I personally like 5 Brothers. It’s a straightforward burley, fine cut, on the dry side, and it’s a bit strong. Just pack it a bit tighter than normal to slow down the burn, and treat it like you’d treat any stronger blend and you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I used to buy it by the six pack. Pretty strong nicotine hit but nothing at all to fear. If there is a beauty to this is its absolute simplicity. It is just a dry shag Burley with nothing added. Perfect for RYO as well. It is actually enjoyable if you wipe your pipe smoking history from your mind when smoking it. A true “pioneer” smoke. Let me know your impression. There is no other quite like that I can think of. Actually, Schippers has similar characteristics except for the Tonquin topping.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I love Revelation, so was eager to try Walnut. I couldnt even get through one bowl of Walnut. Not for me. To each their own.
Isn’t that the beauty of pipe smoking though? Grab a sample of Holiday Mixture. It is closer to Revelation than Walnut. Each of them have that dry smoke feel that is perfect on a day where you want a change from anything even lightly aromatic.

Top Bottom