What's new

What are your favorite shaving soaps?

guenron said:
Some of the Less than Favorite in the Shave Shack
Lightfoots Pine
Woods of Windsor
Colgates

I was walking through Lowe's the other day and all of a sudden I smelled Lightfoots Pine, I mean it was the exact same scent. Stopped me in my tracks, so I had to figure out what it was (SWMBO thought I had finally lost it). Eventually I traced it to some rosemary plants they were selling. Went home and smelled the Lightfoots, and bingo, it was the exact same scent. Sorry, but Lightfoots should be renamed rosemary because it is anything but pine! I can get and OK shave out of it, but it is more work than Williams to twist up a good lather and Williams is a PIA compared to most.

Other than Williams and Lightfoots I only have a couple of Pirates cakes and a tub of QED Lime, but I like them all!

Every time I buy Williams, I wind up using it as shower soap! I can't get any friggin lather out of it with any of my brushes.

Jeff

smoothfacejeff said:
Every time I buy Williams, I wind up using it as shower soap! I can't get any friggin lather out of it with any of my brushes.

Jeff
Jeff,
Try pouring some HOT water over the Williams soap puck in your shaving mug and let it sit for a minute or two before attempting to lather. There is a good chance that this will resolve the lather-building problem.

Rik said:
Greetings,

Lately I've been getting into hard soaps from various vendors. Here are my favorite soaps to date:

L'Occitane CADE
Art of Shaving Sandalwood
St. Charles Shave

What are yours?
I must add the following to my list

C&E
Baudelaire PS Men's Verlaine Shaving Soap
T&H
Trumpers

Ron, thanks, I appreciate the suggestion. I still have a brand new puck of Williams I haven't started yet. I'll put in one of my mugs, and try that tomorrow morning, thanks again. :smile:

Jeff

Jeez, where to start? You guys stole my thunder!! :blushing:

Tabac
St Charles Almond
T&H
QED Sandalwood
Will G SHEA butter soap
Provence Sante'

smoothfacejeff said:
Ron, thanks, I appreciate the suggestion. I still have a brand new puck of Williams I haven't started yet. I'll put in one of my mugs, and try that tomorrow morning, thanks again. :smile:

Jeff
Jeff,
Please let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

My favorite shaving soaps are:

• Mitchell's Wool Fat
  • Provence Sante
  • Trumper's Coconut Oil
  • Pre de Provence

Note that all of those are French or British triple-milled soaps. I have several glycerin soaps that I enjoy a lot, but they are just not up to the level of performance and enjoyment that I get from the soaps listed.

Tim

My favorite of the 5 I've tried do far is C&E Sandalwood hands down for lather, amazing thick cushioning stuff. QED Wild Rose for scent, nearly every time I go into the bathroom I need to smell it.

Top Bottom