What's new

What are your favorite shaving soaps?

Hi,
With the hard water we have in KY, I've found best success with tallow based soaps from AOS and DR Harris. While I've had good luck with some of the glycerin soaps from the 3 Sues when traveling, they just don't work for me consistently while I'm home. As always, YMMV.
Greg

I don't know that I really have a fave shaving soap. I tend to use my creams more than the soaps. the truth is, I don't have much luck lathering with soaps. although it technically doesn't count as a soap I do love the Palmolive shave stick.

The top 3 in my rotation:

1) FAT - Wondering why this one hasn't goten more mentions. Seems to be the one on most "favorite soaps" threads.
2) Trumper's Coconut
3) C&E Sandalwood - The C&E soaps are getting a lot of love in this thread. Maybe a brand of soap more folks think is affordable?

I didn't put the shaving sticks in the list, but the Arko and Speick sticks would be right up there, probably ahead of the Sandalwood.

Wow! This thread may reach as far back into the archives as any I've seen. I'll break it down by cost.
  • Cheap- Arko
  • Medium priced- MWF
  • Expensive- AoS Sandalwood

Tabac
D.R. Harris Arlington
Cella
Mama Bear's Dublin Tweed
Trumper Eucris
Truefitt & Hill

Mitchell's Wool Fat will probably find its way there too once i get good lather more consistently.

Top Bottom