What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Finally replaced my Blackland Vector. I should have never sold this one. The weight and balance of the stainless steel version is perfect.

3D8BF76E-0F31-47A6-BD4D-28B285CF38B3.jpeg

lasta

Blade Biter
A

Nice handles. Are you building these from a kit, ordering as is, or having someone make to your specs? Thanks.
Hi Jayboz,

These are custom made by a guy in Beijing. Saw him selling resin cartridge razor handles and asked if he can make them with added weight and brass parts.

Two on the top right are from the first batch, a cut-down Gillette Aristocrat inspired handle with lead filling, and an approximation of old red marble columns.

The second batch are variations from the prototypes, longer neck etc. And one inspired by fat handled Techs.

lasta

Blade Biter
I really like some of those. They're all very nice though.

Where did they come from?
Hey,

They are made by this guy in China.
Screenshot_20221002-001743.jpg
I've been living here for 6 years. Tried to find local machinists to make some custom steel handles, but most can't be bothered. So gave colorful resin a try, turned out pretty good!

I'm sure if you start talking with some of the brush makers here, they can take this on as a side business. Shavemac used to make resin handles too.

Last edited:
Hey,

They are made by this guy in China.
View attachment 1531770
I've been living here for 6 years. Tried to find local machinists to make some custom steel handles, but most can't be bothered. So gave colorful resin a try, turned out pretty good!

I'm sure if you start talking with some of the brush makers here, they can take this on as a side business. Shavemac used to make resin handles too.
That's really cool.

Went to an open-air antique/flea market and found these (full) for 12 bucks:

20221001_170237.jpg

I might use the pre-electric shave if I ever bust out my Norelo, but for now it goes on the shelf.

Two booths down, I found these, for $1 each:

20221001_170312.jpg

An Old Type and New Long Comb. Surprisingly, the handle on the Old Type is perfect. I don't see any cracking. The New handle is a disaster, but for a buck, I'm going to try and fix it by clamping the crack closed and filling it with JB Weld epoxy putty.

...and this was in the mailbox when I got home:

20221001_170356.jpg

I donated my old one to the upcoming auction, so...

Patient in the recovery room. Stuffed with JB Weld epoxy putty using a wooden chopstick. Condition to be determined, will know more in an hour or so, when epoxy is cured. I noticed that the gap is not completely closed but didn't want to risk crushing it.

20221001_181943.jpg

Old-er brother cleaned up nicely, though he does have a very minor crack that was hidden under a 100-year accumulation of crud, and now visible.

20221001_181724.jpg

Top Bottom