What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Myatt Daymark, Pocket Edition, and Single Ring. All need a bath obviously.

BBEEF471-E31B-4665-957C-D2AA134EA43C.jpeg
73471856-9FAA-4DD8-BB38-C3EEEAAF91F2.jpeg
6BB5C967-78D5-46DD-9B6F-1B03542033B5.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20220922_103921.jpg
    IMG_20220922_103921.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 19
Hey!

Where are you getting all these Smoking Monsters?

I asked around and the guy already stopped making them.
Hi as I said in my topic they are from Aliexpress.

Just google Oumo Brush Store and you'll find it. Then go to soaps section. Just now there are 9 available. I got one of each.

The scent is a personal thing. The ones whose description mean something are quite accurate (orange, smoked pineapple, tea, cookies). The scents are on the weaker side but quite natural, some I liked and some I didn't. The ones I tried with tallow base are excellent performers, second to none in terms of lather and skin care. The containers are big but contains mostly air (said to be 150 grams of soap in each one, I didn't put on scale).

Oumo Brush Aliexpress Store

Last edited:
Feather Popular razor. It just arrived last evening and will feature in my shave of the day today.

I’ve never used a TTO before. I do own an old Gillette Slim Twist passed down from my dad (or possibly even my mom?) I haven’t used it and would prefer just to keep it as is rather than risk damaging it.

So, after reading some positive reviews here of this little razor I thought I’d give it a try.

C240878B-956D-4479-98A3-0F22228B9291.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I do own an old Gillette Slim Twist passed down from my dad (or possibly even my mom?) I haven’t used it and would prefer just to keep it as is rather than risk damaging it.
You're doing it damage by NOT using it! Give it a good soak in warm water and Dawn overnight, a good rinse, put one of those Feather blades in it, and it will be good to go.
20221002_102847[1].jpg
I shortened the handle on my Feather Popular.

~doug~

You're doing it damage by NOT using it! Give it a good soak in warm water and Dawn overnight, a good rinse, put one of those Feather blades in it, and it will be good to go.
View attachment 1532336
I shortened the handle on my Feather Popular.

~doug~
Interesting! One of my first thoughts while using it was what it would feel like with a bit shorter handle. My second thought was whether I would recommend it to someone brand new to DE shaving. It’s mild and very forgiving. Though I wonder if the light weight would reinforce cartridge shaving habits (pressing too hard, rushing etc.)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Interesting! One of my first thoughts while using it was what it would feel like with a bit shorter handle. My second thought was whether I would recommend it to someone brand new to DE shaving. It’s mild and very forgiving. Though I wonder if the light weight would reinforce cartridge shaving habits (pressing too hard, rushing etc.)
I like it much better with a short handle, as I'm mostly a steep shaver. I like lightweight razors, and would definitely recommend the Feather Popular as a beginning mild razor. I recently got a Van Der Hagen TTO to compare it with, and prefer the Feather, so, there is that.
Not that the VDH is a bad razor, I got a really nice shave from it, but the Feather feels better built to me.

I really like the VDH blades though...

~doug~

A new handle today,from Sawdust Creations,a little story attached to this one,the seller had one the same on his page a couple of months or so back,i liked it and saved it to my basket,but i swithered and it was gone,i messaged the seller a few weeks back to ask if he'd be doing another the same at any time,he said he will make me one...and here it is🤗
20221003_112157.jpg

Fellas just got the latest delivery …

Moon Soap - Sorrento Shave Soap and Post Shave Balm +++ Amaretto Special Post Shave Balm (the soap is the nuts and this just compliments hopefully)

Not had the Sorrento before - it seems very subtle just from Unboxing - looking forward to the next shave

Got to admit liking the Moon Soaps …

But the Mrs really likes the Stirling ‘Island Man’

Attachments

• 73BEE1E3-4BC6-4151-9A1B-4F8973D80F1B.jpeg
    73BEE1E3-4BC6-4151-9A1B-4F8973D80F1B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Top Bottom