What's new

What Are You Reading?

I agree that Hemingway has probably proven to be more influential in the long run, though no one writes like Faulkner could. Cormac McCarthy strikes me as more in the Faulkner vein, and once I settled into his style, I was amazed. To this day, All the Pretty Horses remains one of my all-time favorites. I even did a couple of re-reads, which is rare for me.
You may be right that no one can really write like Faulkner. I really like Cormac McCarthy. I can see the Faulkner influence on him.

I have just finished rereading one of my favorites: Man's Fate by Andre Malraux. This book has an interesting plot line, he was a great thinker though on the opposite of the political spectrum from me.

Finally finished Against All Things Ending by Stephen Donaldson.
Only one more to go, then I think it's time for a Discworld reprise.
I found the original three books in that series back in the 70s in paperback. I have them all, the rest in hardback. I've read and reread them over the years. I found that last book a bit disappointing but liked the closure.

I have read several or Neal Peart's books. After his passing and a one week morning period of wearing a Rush shirt every for 8 days, I ordered Traveling music. It was back ordered and shipped yesterday.

It has long been on my must read list, but I have been excited to read it for several months now. I just know the time is right.

I have read several or Neal Peart's books. After his passing and a one week morning period of wearing a Rush shirt every for 8 days, I ordered Traveling music. It was back ordered and shipped yesterday.
I read Roadshow and The Masked Rider. Now re-reading Ghost Rider. I have been listening to only Rush lately, just enjoying the music and the drumming.

Legion

Staff member
Just downloaded Deadliest Enemy by Michael Osterholm. It's about diseases and epidemics, and how they work. Seems timely.

I read Roadshow and The Masked Rider. Now re-reading Ghost Rider. I have been listening to only Rush lately, just enjoying the music and the drumming.
So the Traveling music that was back ordered showed up yesterday just in time that we may stay home and have nothing to do. I was excited to open it and it was The Masked rider. WTH I already read this book. I've been waiting since January for Traveling Music. Let's see what The Rush Backstage club does to remedy this.

Top Bottom