What's new

What Are You Reading?

It only took something like a month, but I finally finished Tropic of Cancer today. First impressions left me bewildered and grossed out. Final impressions are that I'm glad I soldiered through it because other than the 50 or so pages of unintelligible drug/alcohol induced ramling (what else could cause a man to write such utter nonsense?), I really enjoyed his stories of (to put it bluntly) being an American bum in Paris.

This, combined with your avatar, made me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

great thread
sorry i am so late coming to the party.

Currently Reading:
The Bible through again (every morning)

3/5 Instrumental Teaching Methods Books and 3/5 World Music Books (for work)

I will be reading The Husband by Koontz when we travel to the conference bball tourney

and in the spring when work slows down will ready either The Queen of Bedlam by Robert Maccammon or Usher's Passing by Maccammon (again).

Reading Stocks for Dummies (in the bathroom)
and listening to The Bad Place by Koontz in the car (for like the 4th time).

Currently Reading:
The Bible through again (every morning)

Interesting. I recently found my "little red book" (a New Testament) from school, and noticed that it said it was given to the recipient on the understanding that they would read a little every day. I've been delving into it each morning, too.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

I'm still working on the Discworld series by Pratchett. I just started Pyramids. I am amazed I missed his work for so many years.

Just finished "What is the What" by Dave Eggers (he ghost-authored this mostly-true memoir of a Sudanese Lost Boy now living in the US) and started "The Faith Between Us" (two guys, on Jewish and one Catholic, both very well-educated and involved in their faiths, reflecting on the role of belief and faith in general and in their specific relationship). Also "Towards a Better Life" by Kenneth Burke--punishment for having read a lot of Burke's writing previously. This amuses my advisor a great deal.

Just started "Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army" by Jeremy Scahill.

I'm still working on the Discworld series by Pratchett. I just started Pyramids. I am amazed I missed his work for so many years.

+1
I read Making Money about a month or so ago.

In between reading Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson, I'm reading I'll Sleep When I'm Dead the dirty life and times of Warren Zevon. I'm a long time Zevon fan, probably the most underrated Rocker. Reading the book brings me back to hanging out at my friend apt who turned me on to Warren. :thumbup1:

I just finished "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein. I am now starting "America: The Last Best Hope, Volume 1" by Bill Bennett. I can never get enough history!

Top Bottom