What's new

What Are You Reading?

Third time through Wilkie Collins, The Woman in White.

$woman-in-white.jpg

Well I finished A Memory of Light... think I'll finish up Liberating Atlantis and Stranger in a Strange Land. Think the Sharpe series will be what I look for after that.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Finished Freakonomics and, even though I didn't enjoy the read too much, I'll push on and read Super-Freakonomics.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Just started Grisham's The Racketeer, recently read Baldacci's The Forgotten, which was ok, if derivative .. before that it was Private London, another assembly line book from Patterson & and some other schmuck. Little, if any, new thought in the latter, just something to keep the eye muscles moving

Well I finished A Memory of Light... think I'll finish up Liberating Atlantis and Stranger in a Strange Land. Think the Sharpe series will be what I look for after that.

Cornwell's Sharpe series is a fun read. I really like his Saxon Stories series the best.

Just finished Medusa's Gaze and Vampire's Bite. I really liked the archeology and anthropology of monster lore; however, some of the pop culture stuff was poorly chosen. I would have liked more lasting references than 'Splice' etc.

Going to read The Thin Man next. Drunken Gumshoe. My friend suggested Ender's Game for some scifi goodness. Anyone read that one? Would someone (me) who loved Asimov's Foundation series like it?

I just finished Live by Night, Dennis Lehane's newest novel. I didn't like it as much as Gone Baby Gone or Shutter Island, but I liked it more than Mystic River.

Just finished Medusa's Gaze and Vampire's Bite. I really liked the archeology and anthropology of monster lore; however, some of the pop culture stuff was poorly chosen. I would have liked more lasting references than 'Splice' etc.

Going to read The Thin Man next. Drunken Gumshoe. My friend suggested Ender's Game for some scifi goodness. Anyone read that one? Would someone (me) who loved Asimov's Foundation series like it?

I loved the Foundation series and would definitely give Ender's Game two thumbs up. It has been 15 or 20 years since I read it, but I was really quite impressed with it at the time.

Top Bottom