What's new

What are you listening to?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I mentioned Andy Griffith and the Dillards earlier in this thread, but here he is with Roland and Clarence White. His support for Bluegrass and his role in bringing what was then an obscure, local music to the American population can't be stated enough.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
James Blunt...
He wrote this first song to honor a female soldier with whom he was well-acquantied, who under his command was killed during peace-keeping hostilities in Kosovo.

This second one was written (2019) by Blunt as a goodbye song to his ailing father (stage-4 kidney disease). I have never been more moved by a song/video. Happy to say that because of a kidney donor, his father did recover & is still quite alive.

Owen Bawn

Late in life Andy recorded some of his favorite hymns from his childhood and beyond. It is a terrific album.

Owen Bawn

When I was a kid I learned all these old songs in what was considered the traditional style, like this version of a Jacobite song by the great Ewan MacColl.

But then by the mid to late 70s, in Ireland, Scotland, England & America there were younger guys who interpreted these old songs in new ways. You can hear the influence of rock rhythms and a new energy that won a whole new generation of young people to this music and breathed new life into these old songs.

Top Bottom