What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

I cannot tell if I like it quite as much as Wild Turkey 101, but it makes a spectacular old fashioned.
I would agree with you, imo it’s not as good at WT 101. But for the price point it’s quite good. Not sure I’ll purchase it again anytime soon though.

Speaking of Wild Turkey 101 drinking it neat this evening.
E0D944F4-24BA-45E2-B2F4-D9234B9ED69B.jpeg

Not enough booze in the house to make this debate palatable... :mad2:
Poor planning on your part, Sir. 🤣 I did ask a friend if they had a whiskey recommendation for the occasion...but they laughed. So EWBiB it was.

In all seriousness, the main reason I made my last purchase was gearing up for the November Nightmare.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That right there is drinking music.
I truly enjoy some of those times.
At the ranch alone, in the blind, cool breeze blowing, crying in your beer music playing low, rifle in the truck or unloaded and placed on the other side of the blind, a nice bottle of scotch, and just enjoying the animals and chilaxing.

14852A83-EF25-4B55-BE6B-9A9A7BFD633E.jpeg
Second pour from this bottle with a small amount of water. It’s a different experience. Getting more caramel, honey, some pepper on the finish. I let it sit before attacking it, so the 107 proof doesn’t hit as hard. It’s punching above its retail price point tonight.

Pikesville Rye. Started neat, but it was a tad hot for me. Added an ice cube...and that was probably too much. It's obviously a barely-rye. Tasty, but not sure this will be a favorite.

It's obviously a barely-rye.
Are you saying you think the mash bill has a lot of other grains besides rye? I had not noticed it being low in rye character, but you may be right.

I like this one a lot. At 110 proof it was likely to be a tad hot, which I personally like. I do not love that they are using the Pikesville name. The inexpensive rye that used to bare that name and was discontinued around the time this one came out. it was a true bargain, with lots of rye character. About the price of Old Overholt, which I think is awful, even in the 100 proof version. I guess I admit that at the current price point for this one, it is good, but not excellent and no bargain.

Kirkland Anejo Tequila and Fortaleza, both neat. I think the former is quite good and an astounding value. The latter is excellent, and not so badly priced in today's tequila market.

I noticed that Casa Noble blanco is priced in the low $30 these days. A shame how the quality of that label went down, and I suppose the pricing is reflecting that.

Top Bottom