What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

image.jpg

Ezra Brooks 90 proof bourbon - one more step in my tour of bottom shelf bourbons. I've been sipping it over ice and it's not too shabby so it would easily be a great mixer. I'd buy it again without 2nd thoughts.

Last night: Perry's Tot navy strength gin with a freshly made rhubarb syrup (lime and a touch of ginger and dialed back on the sugar, no added water when making the syrup) and a bit of pasteurized egg white, shaken with ice and served up with a small wedge of lime. Fabulous drink. Powerful but summery. Rhubarb seems expensive at $5 lb.

Haven’t been to Florida in a while to see my mom. Was rummaging in her cabinets and came across this. I don’t know anything about it or whether it’s any good or not but I plan on finishing it between now and Wednesday. My mother doesn’t drink so she won’t miss it. She’ll just have to go out and buy some more for her guests. Looking forward to my nightcap tonight. On the rocks. Nothing else.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I had a 40oz tumbler with 1/2 diet cranberry juice and 1/2 water. Just a few cubes of ice to keep it cold. I drank 2 of those.
Oh!
I drank from a dirty tumbler!!

Top Bottom