What's new

What Age did You Go Gray?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've got grays coming in by my temples (I'm 28), enough that SWMBO has been noticing and saying it won't be too long til I look "distinguished". Does that mean I'm currently not? :laugh:
You distinguished? I don't know, infamous may be a better word. :biggrin:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
None on the head, a few on the chest. The amount of gray in the beard is startling. I stopped growing winter beards about 5 years ago when I was 39.

Now 47, I only notice the grey on my head when i cut my hair. Not really noticable otherwise.

My circle beard on the other hand is 50% white.
Started about 40 +/- 2

I am pretty lucky. I still have 95% of my hairline and it is a sandy blonde. Maybe one or two greys in there and I will be 50 in may. Now the beard area is another matter. I let my beard go about three days a few months ago. I almost always shave daily and so
was appalled at the colouration. It could not be the stately white/grey of Anderson Cooper. Oh no, this was a melange of white, grey, reddish-brown(shall we say Henna to sound good?) and other shades beyond description. Egad, if I ever go grey on the head please, please, please let it be all at once and just white. Screw this feral dog hair look.

Cheers, Todd

You guys are great, thanks for being so honest. I'm not looking forward to gray in the beard, or anywhere for that matter!

Interesting about the barber saying once you go gray you will stop balding.

In 1983, the town clerk of Deep River CT issued my fishing license and listed my hair color as grey. I was 30 years old at the time and I made her issue another card with S&P on it. It stayed S&P for many years. Fishing license's don't require hair color anymore but there is no question about the color now!

Top Bottom