What's new

What AC SE razor is equivalent to a Schick N injector?

Open to recommendations for any Artist Club single-edge razor that's late-model Schick mild. I'm hearing mostly medium-aggressive to aggressive about these things, but maybe I've missed something. Apparently these can run pretty expensive as well, but first things first. My current razor is a Schick N3 injector.

I'd like to get at least one razor of each format. Thanks for the advice.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I haven't use a RR Hawk V3, but I'm still quite fond of the Executive Shaving Company/Alpha Shaving Claymore Evolution. I used it alone for my first 5+ months of wet shaving. It's what I call "mild but efficient" and for me, it was very intuitive.... since then, I've added some DE razors that are just a half step or so up in efficiency and one more AC razor, the ATT X1 AC Slant, though you'd have to purchase one from another person now that ATT has closed up shop. The X1 is also just a tad more efficient than the Claymore Evo.

I would guess someone here has both the later model Schick mild injector as well as the RR Hawk V3 and/or Claymore Evo who could give you a better handle on how they compare.

I would guess someone here has both the later model Schick mild injector as well as the RR Hawk V3 and/or Claymore Evo who could give you a better handle on how they compare.
The Hawk and Claymore are two I've looked at, so yes, a comparison between them as well as other razors would be very much appreciated. Price-wise, the Claymore would sit at the max of my budget.

DE's still seem foreign to me, I've spent so little time with them over the last decade-plus, but I want to have one on hand, and hope there's an AC razor I can also add to the toolbox.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Hawk and Claymore are two I've looked at, so yes, a comparison between them as well as other razors would be very much appreciated. Price-wise, the Claymore would sit at the max of my budget.

DE's still seem foreign to me, I've spent so little time with them over the last decade-plus, but I want to have one on hand, and hope there's an AC razor I can also add to the toolbox.
I would get the RazoRock Hawk V3, Standard plate with the RazoRock Titanium Halo handle. $75 plus shipping.

The AC blade I recommend you start with is the Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG guarded blade.

This combination is a good way to check out the wonderful world of AC razors without breaking the bank. :)

I would get the RazoRock Hawk V3, Standard plate with the RazoRock Titanium Halo handle. $75 plus shipping.

The AC blade I recommend you start with is the Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG guarded blade.
Thanks for such specific recommendations. I think I've got the Halo handle around here somewhere from my Game Changer days. Question: are all SE's blade-forward, is that the nature of the beast, and is that such a bad thing?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for such specific recommendations. I think I've got the Halo handle around here somewhere from my Game Changer days. Question: are all SE's blade-forward, is that the nature of the beast, and is that such a bad thing?
You are most welcome. :)

To answer your question: No, not all AC blade razors are blade forward. With the Blackland Razors Vector, the center post of the cap passes through the blade, forming a "T" without any blade forward presentation. The Vectors are my favorite razors - of any type. The Stainless Vector SB is on the very high side of your price range. Blackland has occasional sales. Maybe something to watch for?

The Colonial Razors The General V2 comes in ranked right behind the Vectors, with a bit more blade forward presentation than the Vectors. Outstanding razor. Unfortunately, The General V2 is no longer available.

I hust picked up the Asylum Artist Club RX factory seconds that is well within your price. Looks slightly more blade forward than The General. Shaving with it today.

In summary, I prefer AC blade razors where the blade bisects the handle and forms a "T". The more the blade sits forward of the handle, the farther down my personal rankings that razor sits.

Hope this helps.

I was unclear about "blade forward," thinking it meant more aggressive blade exposure rather than having to do with head/handle geometry, so thanks for clearing that up. I do prefer the slim looks of the Blackland, but price and aggressiveness remain a concern. The Asylum you mention I've only given a cursory look at, but will now look closer at. I'd actually like to buy from Bullgoose if at all possible, an old friend and local business.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I was unclear about "blade forward," thinking it meant more aggressive blade exposure rather than having to do with head/handle geometry, so thanks for clearing that up. I do prefer the slim looks of the Blackland, but price and aggressiveness remain a concern. The Asylum you mention I've only given a cursory look at, but will now look closer at. I'd actually like to buy from Bullgoose if at all possible, an old friend and local business.
Some folks use "blade forward" to mean more positive blade exposure. I thought you were asking how far forward the blade sits from the center point of the handle. My perception of "blade forward" is probably the outlier.

Using the probably more mainstream definition of "blade forward", not all AC blade razors have lots of positive blade exposure. The RazoRock Hawk V3 with the standard plate is pretty mellow. The Kai Protouch MG guarded blade mellows it more. If you already have the Ti Halo handle, Italian Barber sells the Hawk V3 head separately.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
This thread is a bit dated, but still might be of some help:

Thread 'Time To Do A SE Razor Shaving Comparison' Time To Do A SE Razor Shaving Comparison - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/time-to-do-a-se-razor-shaving-comparison.586057/

Top Bottom