What's new

What A Bunch of SchickHeads!!! (Lovers of Schick Razors!)

Sometimes I can be such a Schickhead!
A few years ago when I began my wet shaving journey in earnest, I became smitten with everything Gillette.
I acquired a few good examples and have around 20 at this point.
I kept seeing these odd looking injector razors and I started researching those as well.
I found a "G" and tried it out and didn't have the best experience. I sold that and went back to my Gillettes.
Then I found another G and things went very well. Great shave with little drama. Comparable to some of my Gillettes.
I found an E and after doing a little work on it, and fine tuning my technique, that proved to be a fine razor as well.

So far I have an E two G's and an I Hydro-magic that I also enjoy. Then I spotted a pre Krona DE and that is also a fine tool.

I think I may have used one of my Gillettes once in the last month.
The Schicks are amazing!

What is happening to me anyway?

Dirty

Here's something fun and interesting (I think!)
Backstory:
I bought two "new old stock" 1968 Schick Krona's quite some time ago.
I didn't think it was necessary to keep two so I sold one to fund other
razor purchases. Might as well give the same joy to another razor enthusiast!
Anyways, I've pondered whether to keep it as is or open it and enjoy it.
Well, today was the day that made me decide that I'll open it.

I thought about how you need to enjoy stuff instead of just having something sitting there
for no reason. I guess I already had enough time staring at it and marveling at the fact that
it hasn't been opened for 56 years.
I tried cutting the packaging minimally in order to remove the razor and blade pack with
minimal damage. My plan is to store it back in it's box when it's not being used.
The plastic on the packaging had a tiny hole that I guess allowed the elements in.
So the razor had a miniscule amount of grime that got taken care of with my ultrasonic cleaner.
It's now as it looked when it left the Schick factory!

The blade pack was interesting where all 4 blades were practically fused together,
it's something I had previously read about with vintage blade packs! They all slid out
together and I carefully separated the blades and also ultrasonically cleaned them. They're perfect now!
For the inaugural shave, I want to use one of the included Schick Krona-Chrome blades!
This will be my first time ever using vintage blades and the Schick Krona-Chrome blades
are supposed to be excellent. We'll see!
I've also got a "new old stock" GEM Contour that's waiting to be opened and used.
Maybe in the next few weeks I'll get it opened as well.
Anyways, here are some pictures. It'll be the razor for tonight's shave!

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, May 5th 2024

Razor : Schick E2 injector, Canadian Variant. Mfg 1930s-40's, mid range. One of the best razors Schick ever manufactured IMO. When it comes to stamping out razor parts Schick seems to have taken it to a new level for that time period IMO. This is one of my favorites, if you have a busy life this would be a razor to purchase, quick rinse and let to dry is all that is needed and once in a while take a tooth brush to give a cleaning if it bothers a person. I modified mine to manually install blades & still use the injector blade injector magazine if preferred + much easier to thoroughly clean like the E1 variant was made. Had a close comfortable close shave this morning.
Blade : Schick injector(AKA=SChick) (7) sharp and smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Speick stick. Nice mild spicy scent with some of the best lather qualities I have ever used IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Ferrari" 24mm bleached boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Nivea refreshing lotion + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Schick E2 injector with a SChick blade
SOTD May 5 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick G5 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Emilia in Periwinkle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Grafton
Aftershave: Truefitt and Hill Grafton Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20240511_083703.jpg