What's new

WELL, YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Now, who was talking about those "Wolf" razors..."I'm not a collector" - "I'm not a collector". Repeat 10X before bed. LMAO!

At least it will give me almost a year to get it out of my system.

What did I just hear you say? Your not a collector, and you'll wait a year for it to leave your system?

proxy.php

No No No

You think the acquisition disorder is over and you have complete control of your faculties, to produce unprecedented will power?

proxy.php

Oh how I love this site, you folks make me laugh so hard. 😂 When I first joined, I thought I had control too. Then I realized that control was an illusion to. Everyone makes it to the rabbit hole eventually. Just give it time. 😜

@Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker ...I love it!

The only defense I have, is I've been down so many 'rabbit holes', high-end watches, Photography, firearms, hand forged knives and period correct Viking Axes, etc. I'm pretty familiar with "Acquisition Disorder (AD)". I've invented ways to waste money 💰.

If, I went out and acquired every type of every modern CNC machined razor and every variation of handle to go with it, I'd still be money ahead. LMAO!

I really did love that montague. Very clever.

b/r

ON_1

I have the 68-P and the 84OC.

There's a significant efficiency difference between the two, a pass with the 84OC is like 1.5 passes of the 68-P. But the OC is a little rougher and I'm not sure I could use it every day without causing a little irritation.

I suspect the 84P might be the perfect middle ground, combining efficiency and smoothness. I mean to get that plate soon.

@flask28 ...I'm not a fan of OC razors. For me, the RR GC 68-P and the RR GC 84-P are the perfect pairing of aggression and efficiency; that is, for my beard and skin type.

The GC 84-P is as much 'aggression' as I need. Quite frankly, it the most aggressive razor I've ever used.

My 5 day shave test, while not scientific, is certainly valid to me and my beard/skin.

I'm getting a superior shave, with an affordable razor, made from excellent materials and machined to tight tolerances. How is this not a win?

b/r

ON_1

@flask28 ...I'm not a fan of OC razors. For me, the RR GC 68-P and the RR GC 84-P are the perfect pairing of aggression and efficiency; that is, for my beard and skin type.

The GC 84-P is as much 'aggression' as I need. Quite frankly, it the most aggressive razor I've ever used.

My 5 day shave test, while not scientific, is certainly valid to me and my beard/skin.

I'm getting a superior shave, with an affordable razor, made from excellent materials and machined to tight tolerances. How is this not a win?

b/r

ON_1

Right on. That makes me want to try the 84P even more. Between your testing and what @Rosseforp has done recently the 84P seems like it hits the sweet spot for many.

@flask28 ...I appreciate the kind words.

Everything with shaving is subjective. We all have different beards, skin, face shape, etc. We all react differently to soaps, pre-shaves and blades.

All I can present is my experience as a general guideline to the razors performance. But again, it's my experience. JMHO, YMMV.

b/r

ON_1

Furthermore, I would say the 68-OC is equal to the 84-P therefore:

84OC = 1.5(68P)
84P = 68OC
================
2(84POC) = 2.5(68POC) therefore:

84POC = 1.25(68POC) which means the 84 plate is 25% more efficient than the 68

I knew my algebra would come in handy some day!

That's awesome! I bet that feels about right too.

After 5 days I changed to a leftover Personna SS Comfort Coated blade in the GC 84-P. The blade gave me a DFS, but not quite as good as my Astra SP.

I'm not criticizing the Personna blade, it gave me a very comfortable, close shave. A little less 'blade feel' than the Astra SP. No nicks, no rash, no weepers. A little 'tingle' with the Alum. Not quite as good as the Astra SP, but acceptable.

I'll probably use up the remaining Personna blades and save the Astra SP for later.

b/r

ON_1

@Guido75 ...guilty as charged.

But, I think this is it. For right now, the GC68-P and the GC 84-P are my two favorite razors. I get exceptional shaves from both, the GC 84-P is marginally better shave. A little more efficient.

Truthfully, I could live with either of these two razors.

For my beard and skin, they both perform extremely well with Astra SP blades. I'm a happy camper.

b/r

ON_1

Truthfully, I could live with either of these two razors.
Absolutely! And they look excellent as well. All stainless - Razorock nailed it with these two. I have them in my wanted list as these do not come cheap in Europe - so will have to hold off.

Cheers,

Guido

Ps: your quote did make me smile and made me think back a couple of months ago when I said the same thing…that was about 3 or 4 razors ago 😂.

Top Bottom