What's new

Welcome to? Who? or "Whats in a name"?

@Wrong Place
I just tried the link at it took me to the signature page.
It's a few days since I joined but I think it might be a function of your newness and lack of posts.
Again, if you're on a phone and not a computer, that will make a difference is what you see and can access.

BTW, I only read your last post so if all I've said is repetitious, my apologies.

@Wrong Place
I just tried the link at it took me to the signature page.
It's a few days since I joined but I think it might be a function of your newness and lack of posts.
Again, if you're on a phone and not a computer, that will make a difference is what you see and can access.

BTW, I only read your last post so if all I've said is repetitious, my apologies.

Thanks, appreciate the information. - John

Edit... Nevermind. Let me read all the thread first... :wacko:

Is there a trick to adding a signature that I'm missing? I clicked the link in the first post, but it said I didn't have permission to do that.

Edit... Nevermind. Let me read all the thread first... :wacko:

Is there a trick to adding a signature that I'm missing? I clicked the link in the first post, but it said I didn't have permission to do that.

I had the same issue when I first joined. Once you start posting you'll find the issue goes away. YKMV motioned it might be related to number of posts you have. Hang in there.

I had the same issue when I first joined. Once you start posting you'll find the issue goes away. YKMV motioned it might be related to number of posts you have. Hang in there.
Yeah, I originally posted and then when it too me to the past page, I saw someone else having the issue. I found it later last night.

Well, welcome first of all, and if you are a "Merkur" shaver or "Above The Tie" shaver don't be shy about joining those threads. I also recommend that should you be a fan of the Personna Israeli Red DE blades stock up as their Nazareth plant will no longer produce them. Prices have already crept up since someone made the announcement on B&B back in July (my apologies for not being able to name the responsible member but my thanks to him none the less).

Well, welcome first of all, and if you are a "Merkur" shaver or "Above The Tie" shaver don't be shy about joining those threads. I also recommend that should you be a fan of the Personna Israeli Red DE blades stock up as their Nazareth plant will no longer produce them. Prices have already crept up since someone made the announcement on B&B back in July (my apologies for not being able to name the responsible member but my thanks to him none the less).
Thank you for the tips! I've not tried a Merkur yet. Still very new. I've only tried the van der hagen and a 1955 Super Speed. I just got my first batch of blades in today. Just a little sample pack of my own creation. Astra Super Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue, and Voshkod. I tried an Astra tonight, and man what a difference from those VDH blades!

Thank you for the tips! I've not tried a Merkur yet. Still very new. I've only tried the van der hagen and a 1955 Super Speed. I just got my first batch of blades in today. Just a little sample pack of my own creation. Astra Super Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue, and Voshkod. I tried an Astra tonight, and man what a difference from those VDH blades!

Above The Tie includes a pack of Astra blades when you buy a new razor from them. A lot of folks have a VDH razor at home - I know I do. it's an inexpensive Chinese made razor to see if this is really something you want to do. As to blades? Smooth and sharp are NOT the same thing. VDH blades cost way too much for what you get. Cheap Derby blades are probably better for the money but it's something you have to decide for yourself as no two faces are the same. I like a heavy handled razor that doesn't need to be dragged across my face. But besides a great shave remember you are now doing your part for the environment by not shipping those multi-blade cartridges to the landfill anymore to moulder for 100 to 500 years. CAUTION! Shaving soap addiction is real. You'll find many members are severely addicted to the boutique shaving soaps that are far superior to the major brands. You could easily find yourself with a rotation of a couple dozen soaps.

Okay, so I added my name and a couple of extra lines and when I hit save, it said I had 2 lines too many. How does everyone else get three and four lines on their signature.

Top Bottom