What's new

Weird cravings

I have times when I’m craving pickled jalapeños. I have them on the side of whatever I’m eating or chopped up in scrambled eggs. It will last a week or two. Sometimes it’s olives, green, black, pits or no pits, stuffed with random things. Sometimes it’s sardines or canned oysters or pickled herring. Pickled fish on toasted whole grain rye bread.
At the moment I have an 8 foot row of arugula in the garden. So I sauté it with garlic. Or put it on pizza, salad, sandwiches, with eggs. I’m eating it daily x2!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My stepmom said my tastes may change after chemo. She was right. Never had a big sweet tooth, and as to chocolate I always liked milk chocolate. I’ve been on a dark chocolate tear lately. This may hold me for a few weeks.

View attachment 1585072
I must say that the Chuao is amazing. Just a hint of spiciness- very complex flavor.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I love sardines. I used to eat them with my dad as a kid in the '80s watching football with him. Saltine crackers and Crystal hot sauce. He drank a lot of Coors Banquet and Hamm's and I drank a lot of Kool-Aid and Capri Sun back then. Ah, memories. Miss you, dad.
I miss dad too. When we would go flounder fishing down at the Texas coast, he would always bring sardines, big block of cheddar cheese, and saltines.

@DoctorShavegood
@oc_in_fw

Suggestion for the next hankering for Spam…

Thinly slice the block and marinade the slices for a few in a shallow dish of soy sauce and a heaping tablespoon of brown sugar.

Pan fry for a couple mins on each side until they lightly brown…

Top Bottom