What's new

Weird cravings

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Any of you get weird food cravings? For the last months I have needed Big Macs. I could take them or leave them prior to my stomach issues last year. Now I am buying 2 a week. It’s funny, because I almost never get hungry any more.

The is mighty crazy, by the way! I think my last Big Mac was about 20 years ago, and i may have had no more than two or three in the last 30 years.

That last one was free, too. At the time, the Houston Rockets had some deal where your ticket sub was good for a free Big Mac the day after the game if the Rockets won and scored more than 100 points or won by 20 points. I went to a game and that happened.

I have to say the Big Mac was better than I recalled, but free is about the right price.

Now that I've said all that, I'm starting to crave a Big Mac. Thanks, pal!

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
The is mighty crazy, by the way! I think my last Big Mac was about 20 years ago, and i may have had no more than two or three in the last 30 years.

That last one was free, too. At the time, the Houston Rockets had some deal where your ticket sub was good for a free Big Mac the day after the game if the Rockets won and scored more than 100 points or won by 20 points. I went to a game and that happened.

I have to say the Big Mac was better than I recalled, but free is about the right price.

I usually make an annual trip to McDonalds. Just for a Big Mac. The last couple of years have been disappointing. There are just a few days left in 2022 and I haven't made that trip yet. Not sure that it's going to happen :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

You’re welcome. :lol:

Any of you get weird food cravings? For the last months I have needed Big Macs. I could take them or leave them prior to my stomach issues last year. Now I am buying 2 a week. It’s funny, because I almost never get hungry any more.

That is my one irresistible fast food - LOVE Big Macs.

I had to go gluten-free about 8 years ago (medical necessity) but I cheat a few time per year, mostly for cheesecake and Big Macs...I would cheat more often if there was a source of good cannoli nearby.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That is my one irresistible fast food - LOVE Big Macs.

I had to go gluten-free about 8 years ago (medical necessity) but I cheat a few time per year, mostly for cheesecake and Big Macs...I would cheat more often if there was a source of good cannoli nearby.
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I usually make an annual trip to McDonalds. Just for a Big Mac. The last couple of years have been disappointing. There are just a few days left in 2022 and I haven't made that trip yet. Not sure that it's going to happen :)

I joke that I wouldn't go into a McDonald's even if I were chasing a thief. The truth is, though, that it really isn't bad for what it is. While I'd much rather hit up Whataburger, I just might have to blow a half-day's calories on a Big Mac and fries to remind myself what is like (and perhaps why I wouldn't chase a thief into a McDonald's).

I get a Twinkie Jones every once in a while, and I'm not ashamed. It has to be an original Twinkie; no copies from Little Debbie or Dolly Madison.

I get a Twinkie Jones every once in a while, and I'm not ashamed. It has to be an original Twinkie; no copies from Little Debbie or Dolly Madison.
I used to really like Twinkies as a kid but the last time I tried them I couldn’t finish the first one. Just wasn’t as good as I had remembered and that was over 20 years ago. And yes it was a Hostess Twinkie. Zebra Cakes, Nutty Bars and oatmeal cream pies from Little Debbie on the other hand are still great

As for cravings lately I’ve been craving chili dogs from Sam’s Hot Dog Stand. Preferably with their hot chili, ketchup, mustard and onions. Sauerkraut and coleslaw are options too but I usually pass on them

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I joke that I wouldn't go into a McDonald's even if I were chasing a thief. The truth is, though, that it really isn't bad for what it is. While I'd much rather hit up Whataburger, I just might have to blow a half-day's calories on a Big Mac and fries to remind myself what is like (and perhaps why I wouldn't chase a thief into a McDonald's).
Don't do it! We used to love the occasional Big Mac and got some over the holidays. The buns were quite dry, there wasn't that sinfully fun excess of sauce that made the last few bites slip around. It may be our local franchisees, but I used to believe the franchises were subject to good QC from the mother ship. It appears I was wrong. Our next caloric binge to load up on psychological nutrients will be either to Whataburger, In-N-Out, or some local spot like Sandy's, Hat Creek, Dan's, Phil's, Dirty's, or Short Stop.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I'll get the occasional craving for tuna sandwiches and eat them every day for about a week until I burn out on them. I often add fresh jalapenos for a little heat and crunch.

The same goes for peanut butter and jelly (no jalapenos added :001_smile) Wait.....am I missing out here?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My stepmom said my tastes may change after chemo. She was right. Never had a big sweet tooth, and as to chocolate I always liked milk chocolate. I’ve been on a dark chocolate tear lately. This may hold me for a few weeks.

DBE7681F-BB8F-4AF0-B91E-9B6794423045.jpeg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I wouldn’t necessarily call this a weird craving, but I love the canned kippers and/or sardines. The smoked oysters are another thing that I like, although I don’t like them packed in the cottonseed oil. The kippers and sardines are some of the best things that you can place in your mouth healthwise.

I'll get the occasional craving for tuna sandwiches and eat them every day for about a week until I burn out on them. I often add fresh jalapenos for a little heat and crunch.

The same goes for peanut butter and jelly (no jalapenos added :001_smile) Wait.....am I missing out here?
PB with pickled jalapeños is delish!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I wouldn’t necessarily call this a weird craving, but I love the canned kippers and/or sardines. The smoked oysters are another thing that I like, although I don’t like them packed in the cottonseed oil. The kippers and sardines are some of the best things that you can place in your mouth healthwise.
I love sardines. I used to eat them with my dad as a kid in the '80s watching football with him. Saltine crackers and Crystal hot sauce. He drank a lot of Coors Banquet and Hamm's and I drank a lot of Kool-Aid and Capri Sun back then. Ah, memories. Miss you, dad.

Top Bottom