What's new

Weird cravings

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Any of you get weird food cravings? For the last months I have needed Big Macs. I could take them or leave them prior to my stomach issues last year. Now I am buying 2 a week. It’s funny, because I almost never get hungry any more.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead

Yeah. I guess that's not weird.

Just made oatcakes and baguettes this morning.

I also have a tradition from when I was still gainfully employed to make a nice brioche during the seasonal break. I can make brioche any time now, but still that winter loaf is something to which I look forward.

O.H.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Thanks for sayng sauerkraut. Now I want a hot dog on a steamed bun with brown mustard, chopped onion, and sauerkraut, maybe a few.

Thanks for sayng sauerkraut. Now I want a hot dog on a steamed bun with brown mustard, chopped onion, and sauerkraut, maybe a few.
Bread is great. Just can’t eat much these days. Hot dogs and brown mustard (stadium mustard for me) are fine eating.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Bread is great. Just can’t eat much these days. Hot dogs and brown mustard (stadium mustard for me) are fine eating.
I love it and made bread for over 40 years and got really good at it but I went off carbs about four years ago and really miss it. I do have a pizza every month or so now and maybe two subs a year but that's about it. Weight reduction and improved health were worth it though.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Yeah. I guess that's not weird.

Just made oatcakes and baguettes this morning.

I also have a tradition from when I was still gainfully employed to make a nice brioche during the seasonal break. I can make brioche any time now, but still that winter loaf is something to which I look forward.

O.H.
We downsized greatly and moved to the country and the kitchen is too small for proper bread making so that calms the temptation and grocery store bread is simply disgusting now.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I love it and made bread for over 40 years and got really good at it but I went off carbs about four years ago and really miss it. I do have a pizza every month or so now and maybe two subs a year but that's about it. Weight reduction and improved health were worth it though.
I find staying reasonably trim and healthy can include bread in moderation. A little under 5'11" and 150 pounds. Plenty of exercise walking, rowing, and doing yard work.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I find staying reasonably trim and healthy can include bread in moderation. A little under 5'11" and 150 pounds. Plenty of exercise walking, rowing, and doing yard work.
It can be; it's just that refined flour isn't particularly good for gut health and considering that the gut is 80% of your immune system is of some importance.

A piece of fresh baguette, a bit of butter and a KRAFT processed cheese slice. Bloody delicious. Has to be the crappy sliced Kraft (ok, maybe Black Diamond if it is on sale). Not actual cheddar, Gouda or other fancy smancy cheeses. :chef:

I’m not sure why I am craving that lately. I am not pregnant as I am a dude, so much be my low-ish carb diet. 😜

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
It can be; it's just that refined flour isn't particularly good for gut health and considering that the gut is 80% of your immune system is of some importance.
Hopefully I am offsetting it with all the fermented foods I love, including sauerkraut, kimchi, ferment beet (or garlic or pepper) hummus, half sour pickles, and so on. One of my favorite lunches is a stack of a good vegetable patty with plenty of seeds, a slice of grilled onion, a pile of caramelized kimchi, and some cheese melted over it all to help hold it together. Put it on a griddled Martin's slider roll and top with a splash of lite (hate that spelling, but that's what they call it) 1000 island.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I've kept kosher for years, but, as a native Philadelphian, I do get the occasional craving for a cheesesteak.

-Z
I admire your keeping kosher. If it is any consolation, a sandwich of griddled sliced beef, griddled onions, and peppers without the cheese is still a mighty tasty sandwich if the roll is good.

I admire your keeping kosher. If it is any consolation, a sandwich of griddled sliced beef, griddled onions, and peppers without the cheese is still a mighty tasty sandwich if the roll is good.
Oh, I've made a few sandwiches just like that. But, really, nothing equals a good Wiz wit!

-Z

Top Bottom